RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
OK, so this is how it will work.

Post here stating what job(s) you want. (Mapping, Writing, Scripting, Sprites, etc.) Also post if you want to be considered for the position of a guild leader. There can only be 2 leaders. A poll will be created to vote for leaders if necessary.

GUILD LEADER: In order to be a Guild Leader you need to be ORGANIZED. You are essentially the hub of your team; all work on the game will be sent to you and you need to be able to keep track of it, as well as what needs to be done next. Unless worked out within your guild, the guild leader will likely be the one to work on the database. Guild leaders will also choose members to be in the guild.

SCRIPTER: Creates custom scripts. Gathers scripts.

MAPPER: Makes the maps. Will probably handle most of the event work unless worked out within your guild otherwise.

WRITER: Writes the story. Creates ideas for side-quests, etc. Important that you can come up with a story quickly, as most of the work cannot be done until there is a story.

ARTIST: Creates custom graphics. Gathers resources.

COMPOSER: Writes custom music. Gathers other music.

EVENTER: Works on events. Some will most likely be fairly complicated, so be sure you have a decent knowledge of eventing.

Of course, keep in mind you are welcome to do more than one job. Just make sure you are capable of handling all your tasks. Also remember that while it would be great to have all custom sprites, and a custom battle system would be cool, that you are under a time limit. There's nothing wrong with using RTP or other resources.

Hmm... I think that's everything. Let me know if I forgot something.  :D

PARTICIPANTS

Nouman (Guild Leader/Possible Mapper)
Falcon (Guild Leader)
Raskii (Writer/Artist: Sprites)
Zylos (Writer)
Forcystus (Writer)
Starfyre (Writer/Eventer)
Nightwolf (Composer)
Malson (Composer)
1namkcorI (Artist: Face Sets, Battlers/Possible Scripter)
Redwym (Artist: Sprites)
GilgameshRO (Artist: Sprites/Eventer/Mapper)
Zeriab (Eventer)
AlienSoldier (Eventer)
mastermoo420 (Eventer - DOESN'T HAVE A WORKING PROGRAM)
Irockman1 (Mapper)
shadowdude (Mapper)
Deidara no Dana (Mapper)
Levent (Mapper/Eventer)
Rune (Scripter)
ahref (Scripter/Eventer/Mapper)
modern algebra (Scripter/Eventer/Mapper/Story Editor)
Tsunokiette (Sex Slave a.k.a. All of the Above)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 10:39:11 PM by HaloOfTheSun »
:tinysmile:

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I would like to sign up as a Princess (writer) for the more fabulous guild.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
You forgot eventers ^^

Great work Halo

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I'll sign up as a writer, since it's what I actually do for a living.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I would like to sign up for just an eventer but my only thing is that I can write out exactly what should be done, but I need someone else to put it up in the events (because my RMXP and RMVX are corrupted). I should be able to still create events :3

If this is too much of an obstacle, I'm fine with doing nothing.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I'll sign in for a side composer lol cuz i'm not tooooo good.

Also, i can sign in for an eventer or a mapper for any 2k3 game as i'm not good at xp
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
eh, why not. Throw me in as a composer.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
MAPPER: Makes the maps. Will probably handle most of the event work unless worked out within your guild otherwise.
um I guess I can be a Mapper/Eventer guy...

and lol, you're considered a scripter for gathering scripts? :o
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I'd like to sign up as Guild Leader  :o

oh, and if this happens to end up at RMXP, I'd be willing to put on the old mapping hat again :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 02:35:53 PM by Nouman »
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
I'll sign up for guild leader if no one else wants to be (I may sign up as a scripter later). Personally though, I think we should make teams, THEN vote for a leader once the team is made.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I'll sign up for guild leader if no one else wants to be (I may sign up as a scripter later). Personally though, I think we should make teams, THEN vote for a leader once the team is made.

Meh, I'd rather do it like its done in real life. Two team captains, then decide who gets first pick and from there take turns picking from the sign up list. Of course only allowing one person from each category at first to ensure someone doesn't get the best two scripters and the other the best resource creators.

Also the good thing about this is that its done privately and no one needs to know if they picked first or last :) :lol:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I would like to sign up as a First Person Battler / Face Set artist, and possibly secondary scripter.
I haven't scripted for a while, but I can still draw :3
can't sprite for shit, but I can draw :P

if needed I could map, but it'd probably be easiest if only one person handled the mapping job

and unless otherwise stated, I think everyone should have a say in the storyline idea...unless they don't want to, or there's a cool idea already
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 07:08:56 PM by 1namkcorI »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I'll sign up for scripter / eventer. I can also help out with mapping (depending on maker), and editing the story for grammar and spelling.

Also, guild leader.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 06:07:06 PM by modern algebra »

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I wanted to bring up the point about multiple positions. Now is that fair? I mean if we throw scripts and events on one person, that may seem like an overload. Also if the Guild Leader is another position, he might be to busy with his secondary job to manage the team as a whole.

Just throwing it out here :)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I don't want to be guild leader after all. I struck it out on my post.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
You know what? I'll sign up as an eventer :3

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
I'll be an Eventer.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 07:02:03 PM by AlienSoldier »

Rep:
Level 89
I'll be a mapper :D

and i suppose i could give ideas for the story and stuff.

i can do the odd recolour aswell if it is needed bad enough
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 11:36:51 PM by shadowdude »

Rep:
Level 87
I would like to sign up as a spriter, that's basically my forte. :]

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
Ill sign us as an eventer or scripter or mapper. No spriting for me thanks :D

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
I might as well sign up as a scripter. Don't throw me anything too difficult though xD
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I wanted to bring up the point about multiple positions. Now is that fair? I mean if we throw scripts and events on one person, that may seem like an overload. Also if the Guild Leader is another position, he might be to busy with his secondary job to manage the team as a whole.

Just throwing it out here :)

If someone signs up to take on multiple jobs, it is because they can (or at least feel that they can) take on the task of doing so. I wouldn't recommend guild leaders do anything but be the leader, but that's up to them. Let's just see how it goes this time around. If it's too difficult to handle multiple positions, then next time we only allow one job per person. Think of this as a trial run of the guilds. As you can see, many of us feel things should be done several different ways. We're just trying to find what's best.

That's how I thought this would go when I originally thought about all this. But the problem there is who decides the teams? It would just have to be people signing up for their preferred team, and would likely turn out to be uneven. Of course, this may be the case if we do different makers per guild.

and lol, you're considered a scripter for gathering scripts? :o

My thought on this was that there won't be enough time to script EVERYTHING, and there may not be any reason to with some scripts when they can just go out and get others. I gave the task to them because they know about scripts; it's there job. Also it was 5 a.m. when I wrote that post and it sounded good at the time. lol >__>
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 08:59:00 PM by HaloOfTheSun »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
the first post should be updated with a list of people and what they've signed up for :3

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
So uh, I'd like to sign up as mapper. I could do other things also, like event.

Meh, I'd rather do it like its done in real life. Two team captains, then decide who gets first pick and from there take turns picking from the sign up list. Of course only allowing one person from each category at first to ensure someone doesn't get the best two scripters and the other the best resource creators.

Also the good thing about this is that its done privately and no one needs to know if they picked first or last :) :lol:
That sounds like the best idea. We should do it that way. >:O!

Rep:
Level 97
the first post should be updated with a list of people and what they've signed up for :3

Oh yeah, I meant to do that but I forgot. >:3