RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
GUILDS

Poll

Would you be interested in participating in this?

Yes - one guild making one game
3 (11.5%)
Yes - two guilds competing to make a better game
23 (88.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Rep:
Level 89
I wouldnt mind being involved in this.
we could have all the different groups like each captain chooses 1 scriptor each, then gets to pick another if there are any left... i think that makes sense anyway.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Well, should the captain elections begin anytime soon?
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Seeing as there is enough interest already for even just two small teams, I'll create that topic late tonight or tomorrow.

The captains idea is fine with me. The only thing I disagree with is a member limit. Since this is sort of an RMRK community event, I don't think we should exclude anyone that wishes to participate. Then again, you don't want too many people, or else the teams won't get finished in time.

Hm... I'll think on this some more and we'll all reach a decision on team limits after we find out exactly how many are participating. :3

Look for a sign-up topic soon.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Just to make sure, everyone is fine with using XP right? Or should we vote on which maker to use?
:tinysmile:

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I'd say VX but whatever.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I like the Guild's Idea  :=:

Thou, All I can do is Spriting & Mapping mostly. But I won't joi in this Cycle ;=; I got my own project to worry about.

*G'rrr, wish life could be easy*

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
We should start on with one guild and if the games and the guild goes a sucess, then we can move on to two guilds.

:halosex:

edit: lets do it like this. One guild for xp, one for vx and one for 2k/2k3 and possibly 95 included lol.

Its better as we 2k3ers get a chance ^_^
Arlen is hot.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
lol I was pretty surprised when it said

This topic has been moved to Main Hall

lol wut!? :lol:
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
can we have a team manager position? ;-;
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I would like to suggest perhaps a veto system. Any member can call anything major (minor things will not be voted on) to a vote - say the main villain. Majority will win, however every member gets one veto and can veto the idea if his side loses the vote. Vetos could not however, keep something in. Members would have to respect the veto.

It's just an idea, but I think it is a good one. Of course, there are downsides to such a system - it can cause tension between team members if someone vetos someone else's idea, etc... but I think that any guild member should not be forced to go along with a major idea if he feels strongly enough that it is bad, and I think the veto system would address that. Of course, I am open to other suggestions.

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
I'm still a little confuse about your veto system, modern.

Just to make sure, everyone is fine with using XP right? Or should we vote on which maker to use?

I'll stick with XP.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm still a little confuse about your veto system, modern.

he means if people in the guild cannot agree on something major, like who the main villain will be/personality, or if there are 2 people working on a map for the same place and cant agree on which to use, people take a vote on which they like best.

i think thats what he meant anyway

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
ah ok now I know.  ;D

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
M'kay. Sounds like fun. *only read first 5 or so posts*
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
M'kay. Sounds like fun. *only read first 5 or so posts*
Woo. Same, by the way. I'm in. Dunno what I'll do.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Okay...  I just read an e-mail saying that I was being invited.  But I just learned about this.  If I join, I can help with the writing.  Um, is there anything I need to know?  I am still confused.