RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
GUILDS

Poll

Would you be interested in participating in this?

Yes - one guild making one game
3 (11.5%)
Yes - two guilds competing to make a better game
23 (88.5%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
lol

Some of you will know of the guilds from reading about it in the RMRK wiki or from various posts around RMRK. Even fewer of you will remember the days when we actually attempted this (and failed). For those of you who don't know what this is about, essentially a team is formed to work together on a game. Think "Game in a Week" on a larger scale, in which you have more time and several members working with you. This could be either one team to make one game for RMRK or two teams competing over a set amount of time and then the whole of RMRK votes on which is better.

But the RPG Maker section is more active now than it was the 2 and a half years ago when we did this, and it seems that this time it could actually turn out well. Keeping in mind that most of you will be out of school for summer break next month or shortly after is also a factor.

So of course there are a few things to figure out - how many guilds would there be, who would run it/them, how long would this last, etc. But this is just a general interest poll to see if there would be enough participants.

Post here with any feedback or questions you may have.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I'd be in for sure. I call scripter. But I'll quit if I have to compete against Zeriab :P

Anyway, yeah - I'd be up for it. I won't vote for now - I'll see how many people are interested first.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
* ahref puts on bigger glasses :D

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
It might be worth trying. We could produce some great games if we simply pooled our resources together. Imagine a game with scripts by Zeriab, maps by Rieves, art by Emidy, and music by Halo. Just four people, and already that sounds like a good game in the making.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
This could be great if we have enough participants for it.
Probably....probably..I'm in.

Depends on the time, though.
My vacation is the still more than 6 weeks away.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
This would obviously take a couple weeks to set up and really get going.

If it were one guild, I don't think a time limit would be necessary. If it were a competition a vote would be in order, but the last time the limit was supposed to be 3 months.

Rep:
Level 87
I'll be interested! I do clothes and stuffz in spriting, it's what I do ^_^

Though, one guild making one game with nearly no time limit... Or two guilds trying to make the best game with a time limit.

Which to choose?  ???

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
I would probably join a guild lol.

I think it should be Guild VS Guild. That makes it more exciting. =o

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
Maybe I'll be in and I'll agree with Irockman1, Guild Vs Guild.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I'd say two guilds would be cool, but maybe instead of deciding right now it might be useful that, if this topic itself garners enough interest, then another topic to say who would be interested in joining guilds. If there are enough people for two guilds, then maybe set up some kind of captain thing. We should also think about a limit on how many people in a guild. I'd say 8 would be a good limit.

Rep:
Level 89
That's a good idea modern algebra. When the guilds are ready, it's gonna be hairy.

Rep:
Level 97
I'd say two guilds would be cool, but maybe instead of deciding right now it might be useful that, if this topic itself garners enough interest, then another topic to say who would be interested in joining guilds. If there are enough people for two guilds, then maybe set up some kind of captain thing. We should also think about a limit on how many people in a guild. I'd say 8 would be a good limit.

Yes. The way it was before, there was a leader for each guild. The leaders were given moderator powers over their respective board. Of course, each guild did not have access to the others' board. The big problem was that members were able to choose which guild they wanted to join and were given access upon approval. There were no member limits, and thus most people tended to join one guild and they vastly outnumbered the other.

Member limits, time limits, leaders, etc. will all be determined later though. Heh, we keep getting ahead of ourselves already don't we? I'll give this poll a couple of days and then we'll move on to the next step, pending enough interest.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
After a long thought...:V
I'll join!

This could be fun~

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
I think it should be Guild VS Guild. That makes it more exciting. =o

Agreed
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Also, having a competitor would help the teams stay together, since if they drop out, they've failed. You wouldn't want to disappoint everyone like that, would you? :o

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Aw, damn. I would join in but my RMVX and RMXP are failing me D: Hmm...

Rep:
Level 89
That sucks...  ;9

Rep:
Level 88
This sounds like a great idea. Of course, I could only do writing or mapping. :P

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Guild VS Guild would be enchanting :3
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Here's my idea: If we have two guilds, we can't have people choose which guild they're in. It'd be pretty stupid if one team had all the scripters; the other team would have a major disadvantage.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Yay GUILDS!!! :D
I love the idea of two guilds with the mentioned 3-month framework.
It gives enough time to build a good product with a well-functioning team while not being too long so you can fix/train malfunctioning teams.
Having two guilds also gives a higher chance of at least one guild succeeding. I would not expect the first cycle to work out well. It's about learning from the first 3-month cycle and improve upon it for the next 3-month cycle. After a couple of tries I am sure something nice will be made. (Assuming focus can be held)

I will not join myself but I do hope you can pull it off.

Rep:
Level 97
Here's my idea: If we have two guilds, we can't have people choose which guild they're in. It'd be pretty stupid if one team had all the scripters; the other team would have a major disadvantage.

My plan was to (pending enough interest, which there seemingly is) have a "sign-up" topic. Everyone posts what job(s) they want. And then I assign members to each guild. I would do this because 1. I can't take part in the guilds AND have moderation over both boards, and I don't really want to/have the time to take part in them. 2. Because I don't know how well each of you are at RPG Maker anyway, so I wouldn't be able to cheat and put all the good users on one side and the newer users on the other. At least not on purpose.

Um... that seems a bit convoluted. Hope it made sense. If anyone has a better idea please suggest it. However we do it, Falcon is right. Members choosing which guild they're in will most certainly lead to an uneven match.

Rep:
Level 97
I think captains would perhaps work best. Just a thought, of course, but since there is (or I think there should be) a member limit on the guilds, it might not make sense to randomly distribute the teams. Better, I think, to select two knowledgeable captains and let them have turns choosing interested members.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I love the two guild idea and would gladly put my battler drawing skill up for grabs for a team.
I have my own project I'm working on, but I'd be happy to do some artistic work for a big project.

although I can't do side view sprites or character sprites, I can do portraits, and front view battlers

I'm kinda dulled in my scripting talent, and am working on recovering that :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 12:11:38 AM by 1namkcorI »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I think captains would perhaps work best. Just a thought, of course, but since there is (or I think there should be) a member limit on the guilds, it might not make sense to randomly distribute the teams. Better, I think, to select two knowledgeable captains and let them have turns choosing interested members.

I agree with Modern. Say for example that there was a noob who at first appeared to be skilled with RPG maker, and he got randomly assigned to one team. That team would then be at a disadvantage due to the noob's lack of useful skills. By letting
members vote for two people to be "captains" and having them choose who they want in their guild, we can make sure that the playing field is moderately even and that no guild is stuck babysitting noobs on their team (kinda like how captains used to choose people for kickball teams back when you were little kids, and how all the fat, nerdy kids would get picked last).

Rep:
Level 89
I wouldnt mind being involved in this.
we could have all the different groups like each captain chooses 1 scriptor each, then gets to pick another if there are any left... i think that makes sense anyway.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Well, should the captain elections begin anytime soon?

Rep:
Level 97
Seeing as there is enough interest already for even just two small teams, I'll create that topic late tonight or tomorrow.

The captains idea is fine with me. The only thing I disagree with is a member limit. Since this is sort of an RMRK community event, I don't think we should exclude anyone that wishes to participate. Then again, you don't want too many people, or else the teams won't get finished in time.

Hm... I'll think on this some more and we'll all reach a decision on team limits after we find out exactly how many are participating. :3

Look for a sign-up topic soon.

Rep:
Level 97
Just to make sure, everyone is fine with using XP right? Or should we vote on which maker to use?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I'd say VX but whatever.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
I like the Guild's Idea  :=:

Thou, All I can do is Spriting & Mapping mostly. But I won't joi in this Cycle ;=; I got my own project to worry about.

*G'rrr, wish life could be easy*

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
We should start on with one guild and if the games and the guild goes a sucess, then we can move on to two guilds.

:halosex:

edit: lets do it like this. One guild for xp, one for vx and one for 2k/2k3 and possibly 95 included lol.

Its better as we 2k3ers get a chance ^_^
Arlen is hot.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
lol I was pretty surprised when it said

This topic has been moved to Main Hall

lol wut!? :lol:

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
can we have a team manager position? ;-;
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
I would like to suggest perhaps a veto system. Any member can call anything major (minor things will not be voted on) to a vote - say the main villain. Majority will win, however every member gets one veto and can veto the idea if his side loses the vote. Vetos could not however, keep something in. Members would have to respect the veto.

It's just an idea, but I think it is a good one. Of course, there are downsides to such a system - it can cause tension between team members if someone vetos someone else's idea, etc... but I think that any guild member should not be forced to go along with a major idea if he feels strongly enough that it is bad, and I think the veto system would address that. Of course, I am open to other suggestions.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm still a little confuse about your veto system, modern.

Just to make sure, everyone is fine with using XP right? Or should we vote on which maker to use?

I'll stick with XP.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm still a little confuse about your veto system, modern.

he means if people in the guild cannot agree on something major, like who the main villain will be/personality, or if there are 2 people working on a map for the same place and cant agree on which to use, people take a vote on which they like best.

i think thats what he meant anyway

Rep:
Level 89
ah ok now I know.  ;D

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
M'kay. Sounds like fun. *only read first 5 or so posts*
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
M'kay. Sounds like fun. *only read first 5 or so posts*
Woo. Same, by the way. I'm in. Dunno what I'll do.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Okay...  I just read an e-mail saying that I was being invited.  But I just learned about this.  If I join, I can help with the writing.  Um, is there anything I need to know?  I am still confused.