RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Multiple Parties

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Gah, I feel like I'm necroposting but I have a question to this script.

Alright, I am trying to use this script but it will not let me load any saved games. I continuously get the same error every time.

This is the error I receive:

I have left party 0 normal, with it not being bound to an object at all, and I have also tried this script:

hoping that giving it a game party object would allow the load to work and maybe that was it's issue, but it still doesn't work.

what can i do? :\

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, that is not an error I receive when testing the demo. Does the same problem exist when you test the demo? If not, it may be a compatibility error ~ in fact, that would be my assumption. My first guess is that you are using a script that modifies Scene_Title, maybe a special picture scene or even just a title skip or something, and that is causing the issue. If that is the case, try placing this script below the other in the script editor and see if that makes any difference; report the results.

Also, $game_party is preserved, so there is no need to do that little code that you do.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
are they savegames you had before putting the script in?

can you post the script for reference?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Well, your scripts are always at the very bottom of my materials section, with no other scripts below it. The only thing I can really think of doing is just allowing you to look at the problem yourself because I'm afraid I can't see any other reason for why it would do this and I'm terrible at finding compatibility errors in scripting. If you'd like to see the problem I am having:

http://www.mediafire.com/?umaynen2mwm

otherwise, For changing a save menu, I'm using BigEd781's FF9 Save Menu and Menu systems, but their script is above yours.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Hmm... is there a specific point where this error occurs?

I liked your battle system, though it was a little too easy to tell what the enemy was going to do. Anyway, I was able to save in the tavern and load without any problems. It might be a problem, as NAM said, if the save game you are trying to load is old, ie before you added this script, then there would be problems.

I looked at the scripts and the way you have them arranged I don't see a reason for this problem to occur. NAM's suggestion is the only thing that comes to mind... sorry. If that is not the case, then I will try to fix it, but I am so far unable to reproduce the error.

xD it WAS the case. -doh!- well i appreciate your help in the issue and look forward to using the script :P

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Hey, I'm having a problem.
For example, lets say the First Party completes a Quest.
Then I add two new characters as a different party
who complete a another Quest.
When I try to merge the two parties, the Quest completed by
the second party isn't merged.
Here's an example of my problem:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0qy5vdxldzz

Rep:
Level 97
OK, I didn't look into fixing the caterpillar, aside from maybe using Zeriab's Caterpillar, but there was an error in my Multiple Parties script which was causing the quest updating problem. To fix it, go to line 137 which starts with:
Code: [Select]
    # Quests (if game includes my Quest Log)
    begin
and ends at line 156 with:
    rescue
    end

Replace that whole section with:

# Quests (if game includes my Quest Log)
    begin
      (op1.quests.list + op2.quests.list).each { |quest|
        new_quest = new_party.quests[quest.id]
        # Reveal Objectives
        quest.revealed_objectives.each { |i| new_quest.reveal_objective (i) }
        # Complete Objectives
        quest.complete_objectives.each { |i| new_quest.complete_objective (i) }
        # Fail Objectives
        quest.failed_objectives.each { |i| new_quest.fail_objective (i) }
        # Concealed?
        new_quest.concealed = quest.concealed
        # Reward Given?
        new_quest.reward_given = quest.reward_given
      }
    rescue
    end

Hopefully, that will resolve the problem. Thanks for taking the time to make that demo - I appreciate that effort as it makes it a lot easier to debug. So, thanks for pointing it out and thanks for being so helpful in its resolution.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Thank you very much, it works ;D

Rep:
Level 82
Sorry to necro post, but this is another great script from you MOD. :-) If only it could work with previously saved games.

Like take the current party in the save file and make it

$game_parties[0] = $game_party

I am also having trouble merging thee parties. What I mean is this:

$game_parties.merge! (1,2)
$game_party=$game_parties[1]
$game_parties.merge! (0,1)
$game_party=$game_parties[0]
$game_player.refresh

Party 0 seems to become party 1 instead of a merge of them both. It merges the items, but deletes everyone from party 0 and merges to party 1

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
Is it possible that instead of calling this script on the menu it'll be called in an event instead. Example, the player needs to talk to a journal sprite or a party organizer sprite who will organize the party.

I also found this script incompatible with Yui's Mog Menu. I hope this information is useful.

Rep:
Level 97
This script only works through event commands. It has no menu option. I don't know why it would be incompatible with any menu.

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
awwww wrong thread... >__<
sorry :(

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
So this is where I guess you ask questions:

How do I say who is in what party?
How do I make it so - Party A can only switch to party B at location X and no where else in the game. If they want to switch from B to A they must go back to said location OR meet at another location such as say Inns through out the game or Pubs where as the game goes on there are more and more parties

Rep:
Level 97
Old script, but if I recall correctly, you just use the regular Change Party Member event command. It is added to the active party. So, if you want an actor in a particular party, change that to the active party and add the actor.

The second one is just an eventing issue. The only way to switch parties is through an event, so only put those events in the specific locations and you'll only be able to do them there.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Ok I think I got it. ill leave the script out for now and fiddle with it. Thanks.

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
I am making a rpg on VX. It has 20 heroes to chose from and you can only pick 2. I want to control each hero independently like a tactics game. Is there kinda like a blanket event command/script I could use to switch parties, or do i need to set up events for each combination of characters?

Rep: +0/-0Level 68
RMRK Junior
I ported this script to Xp, i think well, check here:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,43193.0.html

Rep:
Level 97
Thanks. It looks good from what I can see. I had received some reports of bugs that I never found the time to fix, so that might be a problem in the future - I will notify you when I find out what the problem is so you can fix it in the XP version.

Rep: +0/-0Level 68
RMRK Junior
Thanks. It looks good from what I can see. I had received some reports of bugs that I never found the time to fix, so that might be a problem in the future - I will notify you when I find out what the problem is so you can fix it in the XP version.

I will be looking for that then.

Rep: +0/-0Level 38
Learn before you teach. Teach before you die.
Sorry for necroposting here, but I am curious if there is a way to change this script to allow for a shared inventory and gold between parties. Something similar to Final Fantasy 6.