RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Turn Based and Custom Battle System (simple, AND easily customizable)

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
For Rpg Maker Xp, though it is possible with any Rpg Maker. The DEMO is RMXP!

What it is!
It's my own home-made battle system made of events entirely. I'm still improving it, as there is nothing very interesting about it right now. It's still in its relativly early, and basic stages. But I am working on improving it, and if you want to help, do PM me!

Future Versions
v. 0.4: Changing HP and SP to a variable (Release: Tomorrow! I am working on v.0.5 at the same time, that's why...)
v. 0.5: Tourney Mode!
v. 0.6: More fighters, bug fixes (if any)
v. 0.7: More balanced moves, the actual moves of players
v. 0.8: More item possibilities

That's all so far. I'll come up with more along the way, hopefully.

Demo
At the bottom.
Password: Demonic Blade Rocks!

CREDITS

Spoiler for:
See the Readme file of the Demo!

You may NOT build upon, improve, base on, or in any way change, work or do anything with this event without allowance by Demonic Blade (PM me)! I won't allow you to make other event systems, where you are stealing anything from this in any way (maybe ideas, but then no more!)

Noncommercial: Use it if you want, as long as you give full credit and only edit it with permission (see above).
Commercial: PM me to ask. There are two requirements: my permission, and that I get a copy of the full game.

I'll add anything to this as I see fit.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:18:43 PM by modern algebra »
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Rep:
Level 86
BUMP! Anything? Any comments? Don't you think anything about it...?! Is it bad, good, could be improved...?!
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I'll download it and check it out.

EDIT::

Hmm, I'm not sure if I like it that much. For one thing, I didn't know who I was until the battle ended. I had thought I was the purple guy because whenever I used an attack it hit the angel. Also, I don't understand why the opponent has like 50 attacks for every one of mine and why he never does anything on them.

That being said, it does do what it purports to do fairly well. It is pretty much the Default Battle System taking place on the map. But I think it is too complex to make good use of it in an actual game. For every battle, you'd need to set up your party and the enemy troop. Further, all the command windows are ugly since they have miles of blank space after the text (not your fault, by any means - choice branches just look ugly IMO). Also, choice branches only allow for four options, so unless you have a choice-choice-more-end branch then it won't work for many skills, and that setup is a pain to find your skills. I just don't think it is realistic to use this system for long games.

But all that being said, the events are set up fairly well - but I'd say abandon this project - battle systems are just not things that can be done very well with events. Though, I have seen a few neat ones before.

Sorry.

If you do continue this project, I'd say you should look into picture eventing. It could make this much much more attractive.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 05:00:39 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah, thx, I guess I WAS just playing around a bit, dreaming of the day I'll take my time to learn RGSS. I think I will abandon it, but only after showing my friends (who don't know anything about rmxp) ;P