RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Quest Journal v. 2.1

Rep: +0/-0Level 63
RMRK Junior
That totally fixed it. Thank you so much!

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
issue:

I cant understand why i am getting this error. it happens when I accept a quest and then go into my menu and select quests to see the details of that quest.

ideas?

--note: the paragraph formatter may sit above or bellow these scripts how ever the same errors occurs.

This script works fine if you have no quests though.

So heres what I did. I took out every script but the paragraph formatter and the quest journal and the RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System. Now either it clashes so heavily with the RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System or there is an internal issue in the quest journal script that is causing this issue....

Ideas?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 01:08:12 AM by Adrien. »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Are you using Paragraph Formatter 2.0? Or are you using 1.1? This script requires 2.0.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
AHHH shit...Should have checked that before bugging you. 1.1 - well with that said - your download link, all of them - wants me to download a .php file? 0o? No other download on this or any other site asks me to download a .php file. do you have the project on media fire or something like that I could grab it from?

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Using codes like \c[22]Some text\c[0] do not work. For example:

objectives[0]= "Bla bla fiddy bla \\c[22]yo ho\\c[0] bla bla"

will produce:

Bla bla fiddy bla \c[22]yo ho\c[0] bla bla

instead of the appropriate colo for yo ho

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
The php thing is weird - I find it is happening with Firefox and SMF. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. In the meantime, do you have another browser you could use to download things? If not, I can upload to sendspace.

With respect to the codes, you need to have the Special Codes Formatter, but also, if you are using "" for options, then you need to escape back slashes. Ie. It needs to be "\\c[22]Some text\\c[0]"

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Wait wait wait....This is whats giving me the issue:

Code: [Select]

name = "Tracking down the Bandits"
      banner = "" # If using, must be a file from the Pictures folder
      description = "The bandits that took over the South Trade Route are held up in the \\c[22]Ruins of Ickta\\c[0]. You have been asked to rid them of the place so the monks can have their place of worship back."
      objectives[0] = "Slaughter the Bandits in the \\c[22]Ruins of Ickta\\c[0]."
      rewards = [] # 2 Mana Ups and 500 Gold
      icon_index = 137

what are you saying I have to do?

Because this is what I am saying doesnt work.

For example this will spit out:

The bandits that took over the South Trade Route are held up in the \c[22]Ruins of Ickta\c[0]. You have been asked to rid them of the place so the monks can have their place of worship back.

for the description of the quest in the quest window when viewing this quest

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
So would you consider this a bug then?

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
With respect to the codes, you need to have the Special Codes Formatter, but also, if you are using "" for options, then you need to escape back slashes.
Do you have that?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Since this script uses the paragraph format script \\lb does not work to split up paragraphs - so is there another way of splitting up paragraphs?

Rep:
Level 82
King of Spades
Is there chance this can be translated to XP, as this is best Quest Journal I've seen but sadly its on VX. :'(

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
I still need to upgrade my Quest Config program. xD If you guys would like me to, I wouldn't mind picking up the project again.

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
I still need to upgrade my Quest Config program. xD If you guys would like me to, I wouldn't mind picking up the project again.
that would be cool :D maybe update it with the demo i made? (it has an addon)

RMRK Junior
Hello modern algebra. I want to thank you for this script. It has been very useful in the game I am trying to make.

I have two inquiries, though.

First, I am wondering if there is a way where I can complete a quest even if there are some failed objectives?
I am aware about the prime argument, but what I want to do is set up a conditional branch where it will check the number of failed objectives, and decide upon it if the quest will fail or be completed. (e.g.: fail more than two out of five objectives, the quest will fail, otherwise, the quest will be completed.)

Another one is that; is it possible to add an icon at the description?
In line 348, I wanted to write a description where it defines the meaning of each icon.

VOCAB_HELP_GENERAL = "[show the icon for active quest here]Active Quests, [show the icon for completed quest here]Completed Quests, [show the icon for failed quest here]Failed Quests"

Thanks ! ^-^

Rep:
Level 97
For the first, yes. All you would need to do is make sure there are no prime objectives. That way, the quest wouldn't automatically fail. Then you could easily enough check how many objectives have been failed through the traditional means. Ie, if you are looking or particular objectives to be failed, then you could use this code in a conditional branch [see line 160 of implementation]:

#        objective_failed? (quest_id, objective_id_1, ... objective_id_n)
#          This is satisfied if all the listed objectives have been failed

And no, there is currently no way built in to the Quest Journal to show icons in the Help Window. However, you could grab my Global Text Codes script (just find it in the RMVX Script Index), and if you use that, then all you would need to do is something like this:

VOCAB_HELP_GENERAL = "\\i[149]Active Quests : \\i[150]Completed Quests : \\i[179]Failed Quests"

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
MA, I'd like to get permission to include the add-on scripts in the configuration program.

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, sounds great!

RMRK Junior
ma, thanks for the Global Text Codes solution. It worked for me. ;D

I still have a problem with my first inquiry, however. How can I set up a quest with no prime objective? If I did not define the prime, it will require that all objectives must be completed in order to complete the quest. prime = [none] is not a valid value; and thus generated a crash.
But even if I can set up a quest without a prime objective, how can I complete or fail the quest? There is no script command that will enable me to complete or fail a quest directly. Like:
complete_quest (quest_id)
fail_quest (quest_id)

:-[

Rep:
Level 97
Just set it directly as:

prime = []

then there will be no prime objectives, though I suppose that would make it automatically complete. without doing anything.

I guess I would need to add a feature that allows for manual completion. Here: paste the following into its own slot below the Quest Journal:

#==============================================================================
# ** Game_Quest
#++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
#  Summary of Changes:
#    new public instance variable - manual_complete; manual_fail
#    aliased method - initialize; complete?; failed?

class Game_Quest
  #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  # * Public Instance Variables
  attr_accessor :manual_complete
  attr_accessor :manual_fail
  # * Object Initialization
  alias ma_mancomqj2_initz_5gf1 initialize
  def initialize(*args, &block)
    ma_mancomqj2_initz_5gf1(*args, &block) # Run Original Method
    @manual_complete = false
    @manual_fail = false
  end
  # * Check if Complete
  alias mlg_qj2mncomp_compl_6yo9 complete?
  def complete?(*args, &block)
    if @prime_objectives.empty?
      return @manual_complete
    else
      mlg_qj2mncomp_compl_6yo9(*args, &block) # Run Original Method
    end
  end
  # * Check if Failed
  alias mlg_qj2manclet_failed_4rm9 failed?
  def failed?(*args, &block)
    if @prime_objectives.empty?
      return @manual_fail
    else
      mlg_qj2manclet_failed_4rm9(*args, &block)
    end
  end
end

# ** Game_Interpreter
#++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
#  Summary of Changes:
#    new methods - manually_fail_quest; manually_complete_quest

class Game_Interpreter
  # * Manually Complete Quest
  def manually_complete_quest(quest_id)
    $game_party.quests[quest_id].manual_complete = true
    $game_party.quests[quest_id].manual_fail = false
  end
  # * Manually Fail Quest
  def manually_fail_quest(quest_id)
    $game_party.quests[quest_id].manual_complete = false
    $game_party.quests[quest_id].manual_fail = true
  end
end

Now, what you will need to do is directly set the prime to [], as above. To complete the quest, you use the code:

manually_complete_quest (quest_id)

To fail a quest, use the code:

manually_fail_quest (quest_id)

Where quest_id for both is, of course, an integer.

Mind you, the manual control only applies to quests where there are no prime objectives.

That is untested, so tell me if there are errors.

RMRK Junior
Thank you so much, ma.
It works perfectly!!! :tpg:

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
might want to consider making this scroll properly on the right hand side where you see quest info. just a thought:

Rep:
Level 97
What do you mean by properly? No cut off at the bottom?

It is designed to scroll incrementally when the player is moving it, so I did not bother changing the size of the actual contents since there will always be some cut off at least. I suppose I could change it and make it so that if a character stops scrolling it at a point where there would be cut off, it forces it to scroll the rest of the distance.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
wait I can scroll down to see other objectives if they are listed? how? pressing the down button does nothing >_>

Rep:
Level 97
Well, assuming that you are using 2.1, all you need to do is press enter and then the window should be scrollable.

If you are not able to do that, it is a bug, but not one that I know how to reproduce; if you could make a new project and reproduce the error for me and send it, then I will take a look.

Rep: +0/-0Level 61
RMRK Junior
sorry i cant good write english but i have a question.

i have insert a quest in a questlog...after i complete this quest how i can delete this from the questlog?