RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Quest Journal v. 2.1

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Well, just look at the demo - what's in the event is how you advance quests and such. As for setting the quest to open on key press, I'm certain that I put in an option for that, but you have to choose buttons, and those don't correspond to letter keys. To set that up, you can press F1 and change the mapping, but by default L => Q, R=> W. So, Input::L means you have to press Q to open it.

As for opening it through a call script, I believe it's just $scene = Scene_Quest.new (0), but I'm not totally certain about that since I haven't looked at it for a long long time.

@h3llhound - sorry for not responding earlier. I totally missed your post. I don't really have any plans in the works for this script, and a few of those I wouldn't do anyway. The categories is a good idea however, so I might do that, but probably not for a while.
Well I don't want to call it actually, I just want to have it as an option on the menu. I don't think its the script but something I'm missing because its also happening with the catalogues. Is there really something I have to do about that (The script for catalogue base and paragraph editor are there, catalogue is above paragraph editor though, the base is above monster catalogue and the lowest is the Quest Log)? BTW, to add a quest I used the simple manager (the one that makes the script automatically), so it probably isn't my fault if it is by the code.... kind of (though its easy to do it without it).
And about the mapkeys, I should have known  :P

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, first, make sure that MENU_ACCESS is true and MENU_INDEX is a number within range (doesn't have to be 4):

Code: [Select]
  MENU_ACCESS = true             # Can the script be accessed through the menu?
  MENU_INDEX = 4                 # If above is true, where in the command window?

If that's not working, then are you using a non-default menu? If so, try putting the Quest Journal below whatever menu script you have.

If that doesn't work, then depending on what menu script it is there may be a way to add it manually.

Well, first, make sure that MENU_ACCESS is true and MENU_INDEX is a number within range (doesn't have to be 4):

MENU_ACCESS = true             # Can the script be accessed through the menu?
  MENU_INDEX = 4                 # If above is true, where in the command window?

If that's not working, then are you using a non-default menu? If so, try putting the Quest Journal below whatever menu script you have.

If that doesn't work, then depending on what menu script it is there may be a way to add it manually.
Its the default.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
And MENU_ACCESS is true?

If you can, try uploading your project or, if you don't want to share your project right now, then try to recreate the error in another project and upload that.

And MENU_ACCESS is true?

If you can, try uploading your project or, if you don't want to share your project right now, then try to recreate the error in another project and upload that.
Its too big right now.
And yeah, its true.

And I don't know what exactly the problem is, it doesn't say anything about error or something, it just doesn't put itself up, as well as with the calogues. So I may have to put it all the script again. (It didn't work before the catalogues either, just so you know)
In paragraph editor I got it from your demo, though, how exactly should the order be?
---
Catalogue Base
Monster Catalogue
---
Paragraph Formatter
Quest Journal
---
KTS
---
''Battle System''
?
(Thanks for fast reply tho)

Rep:
Level 97
Well, that might be fine. I'd try putting the Quest Journal below all your other scripts but still above Main.

Also, Catalogues don't have an option to show in the menu by default.

I'm not
Rep:
Level 82
Tileset Designing
Nice little script.

Well, that might be fine. I'd try putting the Quest Journal below all your other scripts but still above Main.

Also, Catalogues don't have an option to show in the menu by default.
OH well, that might be it, gonna try it...

(Mind telling me how to see if it is really only the Quest Log?)

..Well it did work, but now it only opens with the Q key. The manu doesn't open it.

Rep:
Level 97
There must be some kind of incompatibility. I won't be able to fix it unless I see your Scripts.rvdata.

I don't know what you mean by "how to see if it is really only the Quest Log"

There must be some kind of incompatibility. I won't be able to fix it unless I see your Scripts.rvdata.

I don't know what you mean by "how to see if it is really only the Quest Log"
Make the catalog viewable in the menu, to see if its the Quest Journal or the main thing itself (incompatibility, etc...).

Rep:
Level 97
There is no option to make catalogues viewable in the menu.

I can't do any more unless I see your Scripts.rvdata. You can attach it to a post by clicking Additional Options when making your post. The Scripts.rvdata is in the Data folder of your project.

There is no option to make catalogues viewable in the menu.

I can't do any more unless I see your Scripts.rvdata. You can attach it to a post by clicking Additional Options when making your post. The Scripts.rvdata is in the Data folder of your project.
K. Let me make a little one trying to simulate the problem...

(I copied the script into a little demo and they work over there, so its not a script issue..., I'll try to find it out by putting each script and testing it.. if not, I'll upload the script)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 04:55:39 PM by MaxMatsu »

Rep:
Level 97
Well, I don't need a full project - all I need is the Scripts.rvdata file. You don't have to do anything special to it.

Well, I don't need a full project - all I need is the Scripts.rvdata file. You don't have to do anything special to it.
Yeah, but *points to edit*. And it wouldn't be a problem to you though right?
DDDDDDUUUHHHH.
That was pretty stupid.
One script was unnamed for the battle script, but it looked like it was just space. I just pasted the Quest Journal after it and it worked.
Thanks anyway! Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Time to put an avi now...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 05:05:41 PM by MaxMatsu »

Rep:
Level 97
Well, you edited your post after I posted, but OK... sure

So anyway, it's working now? Good.

Well, you edited your post after I posted, but OK... sure

So anyway, it's working now? Good.
Well yeah it was confusing because I editted it when you didn't post and submitted when you posted. So yeah...
And yeah, thanks anyway.

Hi, Modern Algebra.

first of all, I just wanted you to know that I love your script.  That said, I am having some problems and I don't know what's wrong.   I am using your script, as well as paragrapher 1 and 2, in addition to OriginalWij's base script.  I called the first quest in your journal and when I accessed the journal, this error happened:

do you have any idea what I am doing wrong?  please note that I made another addition to your script that OriginalWij recommended to get your script to work with his:

Spoiler for:
  #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  # * Draw Item
  #     index   : item number
  #     enabled : enabled flag. When false, draw semi-transparently
  #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  alias modalg_quest_jrnl_itm_drw draw_item
  def draw_item (index, enabled = true, align = 0)
    # Run Original Method
    modalg_quest_jrnl_itm_drw (index, enabled, align)
    enabled ? @disabled_commands.delete (index) : @disabled_commands.push (index)
  end

thanks
DrD

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, I left a line in the paragraph formatter that I shouldn't have when I was testing.

Go to Paragrapher 2 and find these lines near the end of the format method:

if f.bitmap != specifications
        f.bitmap = Bitmap.new (max_width, f.lines.size*32)
      end
      p f
      return f
    end

delete the "p f" line, so it looks like this:

if f.bitmap != specifications
        f.bitmap = Bitmap.new (max_width, f.lines.size*32)
      end
      return f
    end

thanks, Modern Algebra.  Problem solved.   I really appreciate your help and your scripts.

take care
DrD

Is there a simple way to find the icon index of a icon or no?

Rep:
Level 97
I usually just count rows (16 icons each row), but woratana wrote an icon preview script (included in his Christmas Gift Box) which I believe allows you to do just what you want (cursor over an icon and it shows the index of it in the Set).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 11:00:15 PM by Modern Algebra »

Can you make a video tutorial because I'm still confused how to make a quest.
sorry for my bad english because im indonesian ;D

pokeball l3xOffline
Hey everyone could someone please explain how I could make a quest chain including about 4 - 6 NPCs

I've tried loads of things but i can only get upto the second objective..

Basicly there two main parts to the quest including 2 parts of a map and you have to do a quest for one of the npcs to get the map.

So like the first quest could be called "PART1"
and second "part2"

But how would I link the two quests togeather?

And I'm having abit of difficulty with the scripts on the npcs with the conditional branches could someone help/explain to me about this :) would be cool if someone posted a full tutorial on how to make a proper quest :)

Thanks -
l3x

Rep:
Level 86
Hey Modern, first off i love your scripts they have improved many of my projects. This script is awesome and the script great. I just had a question, Can we make an unlimited amount of quests without running into problems? jw because a large part of my game is based on side quests (A way to get involved in the worlds outside of the storyline. I'm in the process of editing my quests to work with your script and no problems or anything, but my game expected length is long so lots and lots of quests. just a quick little question

« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 03:04:38 AM by BloodyChaos »

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
hi, would it disturb you if i request something?, well i think im very confused now, maybe a video, or a more in depth explanation of how this very wonderful script works and how to use it, just saw the demo and i just cant get it, hey im waiting for you reply, thanks again, stay cool, --chael,