RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Request]ULTIMATE battle system

Rep:
Level 86
CHAINSAW!!
Ultimate Battle System
23 March 2008

Summary
It is the ULTIMATE battle system. Ive never seen better before. it was made on RPGXP but if it was released on a forum or something that would be great. then someone could convert it to RPGVX. IMAGINE ALL THAT CREDIT! lol everyone would use it.
Features Desired
  • When u fight, you dont get put in a different scene. You fight in the main game window.
  • Enemies walk on the map itself and respawn. get within a certain range of them and they chase you down but to a limit.
  • to escape, just walk off lol (or dash in RPGVX)
  • There is a circle in the upper right corner which shows whos turn it is. (see video!)

Mockups
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=R0NDt_gvJ-E

Games its been in
  • Dont know the name of it.

Did you search?
Yes

Where did you search?
  • Google
  • YouTube (how do u think i found it? lol)
  • RMRK

What did you search for?
  • RPG Maker XP Custom Battle System
  • Ultimate Battle system rpgxp
  • same as above but rpgvx

Credit WILL be given for anyone who finds the actual script, or recreates it. I know it will be hard.

Waiting for the actual creator to respond to emails...
I have:
GM7
RPGXP
RPGVX
FPS Creator
Cube 2
3D Gamemaker (SHITBOX!)

WIP stats:
RPGVX:
none, just experimenting with random events...

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, this sounds like an ABS - there are a couple of good ones for XP:

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=106.0
http://www.atelier-rgss.com/RGSS/Battle/XAS_00a.html

For VX, apparently there is one called vlad's abs - it's in the RMVX Script section, but I have not tried it so I cannot testify to it's utility or how good it is

Rep:
Level 86
CHAINSAW!!
Judging by the screenies in the first link, this is VERY close to what i wanted and i will use it in my new games. hehe im running a competition in the RPGVX Projects forum. oh wait... damn this is for xp... oh well doesnt bother me, i got both VX and XP. do u reckon u could convert it? rofl. its good enough as is.

as for the 2nd link, it looks great from its one screenshot, but the download thing wont pop up... i click it, and an empty windo comes up but nothing happens... even after 5 mins sooo... ill use the first link. and ill have a look at the other abs, i saw it earlier but forgot to check it out...

Fame +! (when i figure out how...)

Edit: vlads abs doesnt seem to work on my computer... its missing a .dll
anyway, im just gonna look at the other one for now.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 06:14:32 AM by A13x »
I have:
GM7
RPGXP
RPGVX
FPS Creator
Cube 2
3D Gamemaker (SHITBOX!)

WIP stats:
RPGVX:
none, just experimenting with random events...

Rep:
Level 88
EVIL DOGGY!!!! CATS RULE!
Holy crap! That battle system is AMAZING! Jeez, Germans always create the cool things and we never get them  ;9

I'm sorry, but even Blizz ABS is nothing compared to the awesomeness of that...
DO NOT LOOK HERE!!!!!
WHY DID YOU LOOK!!! YOU DISOBEDIENT FOOL