RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Making A Fighting Game?

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Now, You see, I'm no good at making RPG's so i decided that i wanted to make a fighting game. I got inspired by seeing the trailer of Card Sagas Wars. But i want to make it reminescent of Smash Brothers. I want a game where you have to throw people off the screen and stuff like that like smash brothers, except i am going to put my own mechanics into the game too. Is it possible to make a game like this on game maker.

Rep:
Level 88
Where's the head of a chocolate coronet? :O
Actually, yes. I remember seeing a Super Smash Brothers fan game on the old Nintendo Nsider Forums. You need to set some objects as death walls (Like in Smash Bros., with all the fancy beam effects of death), and then make a platform engine. I really do hope you make this, the guy who made the fan game made a little of misspellings and overall it was...atrocious.

If you need help on how to deal with Platformer settings, the official site should have it, or maybe this place. Haven't been here on the forums for a long time. You also need to be able to set all the Fighting mechanics. Now, I'm not sure how a Fighting Game exactly works, but if you search around (Maybe not this site but other places), you can find something.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm scared of my grandma. Wouldn't you be?
It is possible, but it would be relatively difficult to do. Me and my brother are making one like Super Smash Bros. now & it's quite a handful.

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Yeah, I'll Search around for some Platform Engines, and things like that. I've already started making the sprites for it. I'm making custom sprites, I know it will take a LOT longer, but i didn't want to take sprites from games and have them all look completely different. It would look terrible. So i have started on the first character, Mario. I have his regular stance of him just standing there. The animation is finished for that. I'll keep you guys updated if you want.