RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Advanced Text System 3.0c

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
I realy do fancy your script, but there is one , verry importand for me future missing.

Code: [Select]
----------------------------------------
>> +[ QUICK TEXT ]+ a.k.a. Shortcut
----------------------------------------
Add & Call your very long text (or) text that you use many times by shortcut.
You can put special syntax in it, e.g. 'Welcome to \c[10]Syria Village\c[0]

$nms.qt[Quick Text ID] = 'Text you want' << Add Quick Text

\qt[Quick Text ID] << Call Quick Text from message box

this is taken from neo msg script 3.0 beta.

can you do similar in yours.
oh and btw, i havent tryid your latest version, but did you menage to fix bug with window postytioning around event or player. in v1.2 when you set for example \cp[0] befeore it appeard in right location, it appeared in one of the  basic positions for few frames.

cheers

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
 I haven't done anything with the positioning of the message window and it's not a bug I've noticed, so I would imagine that I have not fixed that. As to the quick text feature - it would be pretty easy to add it, but I have no intention to look at the script for quite a while.

Rep:
Level 85
... X0X...
There's an error there when I talk to that monster by testing your demo...

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
In the demo? Had you changed any options? I'll take a look at the demo and see if it is outdated.

Rep:
Level 85
... X0X...
In the demo? Had you changed any options? I'll take a look at the demo and see if it is outdated.
I dunno... Because before I talk to the lady who far left got it didn't show any error...
But after that, it show a bug message out...

Rep:
Level 97
MM, I did have a mistake with the far left lady, so that means you probably changed a setting - I will test them out and see which one it was and then I'll fix it up.

I think you probably changed "Shown Lines" too low.

I'll try to fix them, but for now just keep Shown Lines at 4.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 01:27:41 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 85
I am already there
awesome script man thanx! ;D

Rep:
Level 97
Updated to Version 2.0

There are a few new features, but the primary purpose of rewriting this script was for my own use in diagnosing and fixing problems that arise in the script, as well as add new parts. The older versions made this difficult.

That's not to discredit this update in terms of functionality. Improved face handling, as well as more codes for Actors, a way to get the Actor ID of the Party member in slot x, filters, and improved positioning commands makes this script well worth the demo. I hope you enjoy it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 01:47:55 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 97
New Addon for the system:

- Randomized Pitch for Letter by Letter Sound.

Adding this into your game gives you the option of having your letter by letter sound have a random pitch between 50 and 150 every time it plays. This simulates the variation in pitch of a person speaking. A similar system would be that of Animal Crossing -> http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=n6ZxnEdmbQQ about 0:23

Runtime commands are:

$game_ats.random_pitch = true/false
  $game_message.random_pitch = true/false

#==============================================================================
#  Randomized Pitch Addon for ATS v. 2.0
#++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
#  This addon allows you to randomize the pitch in the letter by letter sounds,
# thus giving the impression of pitch fluctuation in a voice.
# ** Game_ATS
#  Sets runtime commands for $game_ats.random_pitch
#  Summary of Changes:
#    new constant - RANDOMIZED_PITCH
#    new public accessor variable - random_pitch
#    aliased method - reset

class Game_ATS
  #~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  # * CONSTANT
  RANDOMIZED_PITCH = true
  # * Public Instance Variable
  attr_accessor :random_pitch
  # * Reset
  alias modalg_rndm_pitch_adon_atsv2_rst_8d94 reset
  def reset
    # Run Original Method
    modalg_rndm_pitch_adon_atsv2_rst_8d94
    # Set random pitch to default
    @random_pitch = RANDOMIZED_PITCH
  end
end

# ** Game_Message
#  Sets runtime commands for $game_message.random_pitch
#  Summary of Changes:
#    aliased method - clear
#    overwritten reader method - message_se

class Game_Message
  # * Clear
  alias modalg_ats2_ptch_randmze_message_clr_945s clear
  def clear
    # Run Original Method
    modalg_ats2_ptch_randmze_message_clr_945s
    # Set random pitch to the ATS value
    @random_pitch = $game_ats.random_pitch
  end
  # * Message SE
  def message_se
    # Randomize Pitch
    @message_se.pitch = 50 + rand(100) if @random_pitch
    return @message_se
  end
end

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
modern algebra, can you create a command to call script during the message?
I want to change .message_colour = Color object RGB more than once during the same message
thank you so much
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 04:53:31 PM by Charbel »

Rep:
Level 97
Can you not use \C[ID] to do so?

I can, but with \C[ID] I can't use all the RGB colors :D

Rep:
Level 97
I suppose not, but do you can select which ones you use by editing the palette in your windowskin. Nonetheless, I'll write an addon that allows you to use hex code.

yes, but with rgb I can choose how many colors I want, and this makes the messages much more interesting  ;)
I'll be very happy if you can write the addon  ;8
Thanks in advance :D

Your script has a bug (not fatal one that cause the crash but still, I think it's serious) Although, there ARE a lot options so I'm not sure if it's my fault and I missed something.

Version I'm using: Version: 2.0b

I was trying to set it up so I'll only get 3 lines in the message box, not normal four lines. I deceased the message box height so it'll look nice with only three lines, not 3 lines and 1 blank line. I also changed a lot other things (like namebox, face, etc) but it seems like the window height is responsible for the bug.

If I set the window height low, the font type and font size is no longer in effect. I did not use the script syntax to change the window height. I used the config block in the script since I want it to be permanent.

The code is
DEFAULT_WINDOW_HEIGHT = 97   #128 is default

Recently, I decided to test it in Advance Text System demo I downloaded, and changed the font type. It doesn't seem to work at first, but after talking to few NPCs, it finally changes to the font type. (There was introduction speech, then I talked to the green-haired girl. The font didn't change until I talked to the green-haired man after)

I then deceased the height in that demo script, the font type never took effect, not even after I talked same NPCs.

While testing your demo for the bug, I encountered another bug (although I'm not sure if it's because I did not adjust few other options in the block to make it to work)
If I deceased the window height, the scrolling window screws up. It shows first three lines, and nothing after that. It's just bunch of blank lines and I have to press [ENTER] key repeatedly until the window finishes processing "invisible" lines, and end the conversation with the NPC.

It's not important for me because I don't intend to use the scrolling effect in my game. Although you might want to know about it.

Rep:
Level 97
I will look into it.

In the demo though, the events specifically set a different font and size, so that might be why it didn't show up.

In any case, thanks for the report and I will look into these bugs.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
BUG REPORT!!!!!!

or possible one.

I had to take out both the paragraph and the ATS VErsion 2.0 script to determine if it was an error or the engine its self.
I have discovered its one of these two.

I have noticed that this script or scripts will scip characters when in dialog. basically its this:

Character A: bla.........................................
enter (freese, no face same text box with bla.....................................)
enter (skip character b
Character A: bla......................

basically something in the script/s  is making it skip at random over characters conversations. again this is random freezes.
but once it happens it always happens with those characters no matter how many times you restart the test play.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
This Error has been isolated to the ATS 2.0 script.

Rep:
Level 97
I don't really understand what you are trying to say. Can you recreate the error in a new project and send that to me?

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
I shall do that and I will send it in a private message to you.

Rep:
Level 97
Alright, thanks. I'll look into the problem when I have time. It might take a while before I have the time though, I should warn you. Don't expect this to be done by tomorrow.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
I dont, and thank you.
The game still works fine even though it skips characters .... ;)

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---

Rep:
Level 97
I don't have time to work on it right now. I have a lot of schoolwork to do - I definitely won't be able to look into this anytime before December 1

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
I am wondering if there is any news?