RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Earthbound [4] - Working Title

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero

"Now this is the story, all about how Sam's life got flipped- turned upside down!"

---------------------------------------------------------

This is Sam.

Sam is mute.

He's a photographer who moved out of the house at about 17 with his sister, who acts as his interpreter. He does odd jobs for a local tourism magazine called The Munch, and he's an overall trustworthy character. Pretty solid guy. He leads a fairly uneventful life at a trading outpost out in the northern regions or Eagleland, doing his work and bringing home his paycheck, with usually nothing more. But then one day, things changed for Sam. One day he got on a train.

And one day, that train was knocked over by enormous goats.

Sam ran for his life, fending off the crazed animals with his tripod, and hid in a nearby cave. Sam thought he was safe. Sam took a nap. And isn't it the damndest thing, Sam stumbled onto a pack of aliens hunched over a UFO when he woke up. Well, running had worked before, so he ran again. He thought he was home free...then he ran into a monster snowman.

It was at about this point that it became clear- something was going down.

Join Sam on his journey to make sense of this mess!

Icy landscapes!! How will you escape?!

Fight epic battles on psychedelic backdrops against an alien menace!

Backgrounds the move, while you jive and groove!!

And much more to come!

Here's the demo! Now make like a squirrel and GO NUTS!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/svqbbd
(This link was last update as of Tuesday, March 18th, 2008)

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:22:03 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Haha, it's amazing how you manage to remind me of Earthbound, while staying original.

Also,

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Looks awesome Arow. How long are you thinking of making it?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Is this the GIAW game, or a whole new one?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
its from giaw we ran out of time :(

Rep:
Level 96
Yes. It's going to be a full game now!

DOWNLOAD LINK UPDATED.

Includes diagonal movement (incomplete, but it's there!) and the new battle system.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Will this game spoil the others? Should I go play them before I play this one?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
No, it shouldn't at all. :D

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
Man I wanna try this short game but sendspace hates me ;9

"Now this is the story, all about how Sam's life got flipped- turned upside down!"

lol Fresh Prince

Rep:
Level 86
Delaying projects since 2001-ish.
Arrow, you're awesome. ;8

Too bad SendSpace hates me, won't let me download anything. :(
Final Fantasy - Untitled
http://www.finalfantasyfangame.tk/ - Temporarily Down
Check out the thread! Demo available!

Tristan Craft and The Lost City
http://www.gunn3rgames.net/

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
The music is awesome Arrow, and I love how much like Earthbound this is while still being original. Great stuff so far.

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
looks good well done

Rep:
Level 96
Thanks everyone :3

I am doing work on this, it's just not work that's in RPG Maker. :P School is being a pain right now (*again*) but I'll be back to work soon.

Rep:
Level 96

Rep:
Level 97
Funny screeny Arrow.

;D

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Are you going to use that font for the entire game? It looks pretty off for some reason :(

Still, great looking !
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 96
If you can find a better one please tell me. D: This is the closest to the EB font I have that works effectively.

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~
Keep it up arrow, I love the old EB =]

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Grunt
I'm an Earthbound fan and this looks really good for a fan-made EB game.

Rep:
Level 71
I'm an Earthbound fan and this looks really good for a fan-made EB game.

Please don't necropost this topic is three years old