RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
VX Character Sprite Generator

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Although the resources for the generator seem a bit limited, we can still make some great sprites with this thing.

Here's some quick examples of what can be whipped up in only a minute.

Like when i download them..It doesnt work..i cant view them and it wont show up when i import them in the game

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
1: Learn to quote correctly.
2:Make sure they're saved as PNGs. Save the file with a $ at the beginning of the file name. Like this:  $charactername.png

Ok sorry another newb I've been trying this for the past 12 hours.

I Have downloaded the file as a .png and tried putting the $ and a !$ sign in front and still nothing appears, any ideas i'm on vista if thats a problem?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Have you tried refreshing the page, waiting a minute for everything to fully load, and then click the download button below the preview?

yep and it ends up naked again

my Internet browser keeps telling me there is an error with the page could that be an issue?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
try a new browser?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
If you can't download, then just Print Screen, paste in an image editing program, crop and save.

Alright, i've tried that sprite maker and all is well. Until i import it and try it. The background of the sprite isn't transparent and is always white.
I always press the download button underneath it and the sprite appears. It moves and everything, but the background is always friggin white. Am i supposed to manually erase the background in photoshop or something or???

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Sure, why not? Or you could import the sprite through the Resource Manager of your project and left-click the background colour to have it become transparent.

Sure, why not? Or you could import the sprite through the Resource Manager of your project and left-click the background colour to have it become transparent.

oh... so that's how you work that thing... THANKS MAN

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
I cannot find the link!
Can someone show where I can find it!?
There is no signature here.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Umm...  in the first post? Click on where it says VX Character Sprite Generator.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
and then!?
I cannot read japanese...
There is no signature here.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
wow, fucking use google's translator.

to anyone just seeing this. it seems that the famitsu character generator has been moved or removed. i tried using the old site location and it doesnt show it. when i tried the wayback machine it just doesnt work. so once i found out how to access it again i will post it here.

Rep:
Level 35
Bringing Science Fiction to RMXP, Hardcore!
Thank you so much for reminding me of loose leaf!
Im stoked that generator is still around.

Can't seem to get the VX one to work