RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
VX Character Sprite Generator

Rep:
Level 86
Without being more specific on what you're trying to open the file with, I'll try my best to answer. VX allows you to upload .png files, so you shouldn't be having a problem with that.  Now if you're trying to open the file in say, MS paint, then click the spoiler below.
Spoiler for:
Well it's saved as a .PNG so MS paint won't open it, as far as I know.  So you first have to convert it to a .BMP file type.  I use IrfanView for this.   You can download it here.

Once you open up the image in it, just click Save as, and make use you save it as a .BMP file.  Then you'll be able to open it in MS paint, and edit it as you like.

You could most likely use a fancier program like GIMP or Photoshop to both edit the file and save it, but since I don't use them, I cannot comment on their usage.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Aight! It worked, thanks a lot

Rep:
Level 85
well i found a english character generator, but needs more stuff added to it and here is what I generated.
"If you build it, they will play it"

Rep:
Level 85
I was woundering where can I put my own sprite shop so I ca start helping people. I can create characters quick with the generator, but I don't know how to recolor them yet.

Rep:
Level 85
i was woundering can we use the rpg maker 2000 and 2003 characters in rpg maker vx. Because I can use the character.EX to make characters fast and change colors with out even have to goto another program to recolor the sprites

here is the link to the character generator: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/?showtopic=2204

but they are going to add more and the upgrade and change name to it.

It was called creation studio v1.4

« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 03:56:31 PM by marty2008 »

Rep:
Level 87
ohheythar :O
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!
Now give me the link.

Rep:
Level 85
Google's web page translator.  Just copy the url into translate a web page and select Japanese to English.

Thanks that really help with the webpages that us english people can now finally understand. Thanks for the page!!!!

Then online character generator is great, but we need an offline character generator so if we loose our internet we couldn't use the site!!!!!Like a free download of the character generator. I already have one for 2000.....I dont have one for vx, but like to and would make characters fast!!!!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 05:52:55 AM by marty2008 »

Rep:
Level 85
here is a link to the 2000 and 2003 online character maker site:http://charas-project.net/resources.php?wa=20049&lang=en

if you want to create character sprites for your games.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 02:29:23 PM by marty2008 »

Rep:
Level 85
the only thing is that they dont have it where you can create monster sprites for rpg maker vx other than the monsters that the rpg maker vx already have preloaded!

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Uhhh the thing is, MSPaint does open PNGs.

Rep:
Level 86
Must be just my MS paint that doesn't open it then, as all I get is an error saying Paint cannot read this file.

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
"I'm SUPER Franky!!" ...wtf?
I might just use it for my 3 main characters, but this is freakin' awesome!

8)

This is an awesome find!
But is there a face maker that goes with it?
So you got RMVX, started a random game, have no clue what you are going to do, made a few screens and then made a topic of some random project with no direction whatsoever?

Your gonna become one fine game developer one day!

Rep:
Level 85
Life is as easy as donut or not donut.
And all of my monies go to:

Garge.

Rep:
Level 86
As of 7/16, The character sprite generator was updated with at least 50 new parts, mostly hair, but a few other things as well.

For those that don't explore the site, there is a section called, when translated by google, "Dot Painting presents", that's updated every month.  This .zip file contains what has been released so far.  http://www.mediafire.com/?fibcglgnlcn
<---latest update.

Well, i used this sprite generator, but when i import the character sheet the selection box only highlights parts of it, like the legs of one and the head of another one. Any help would be appreciated.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
When saving your character, type !$ in front of the file name.
Like so: "!$Character.png"

I just did $ and it worked for me.

Try reading the whole topic next time.

Rep:
Level 85
I am already there
Awesome Find thanx mate

I need some help with this. When I download it from the website and try to import it, it doesn't show up

Rep:
Level 85
I am already there
did you write $charactername.png

did you write $charactername.png
oh thanks but we're suppose to put .png? wait but still... when i save it into my desktop and double click it it says no preview available....
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 12:21:08 AM by wassup123 »

Rep:
Level 85
I am already there
no you must write "$" before the name that is given such as $chuck or $merry or what ever
the .png is just the format dont worry about that

no you must write "$" before the name that is given such as $chuck or $merry or what ever
the .png is just the format dont worry about that
so do i write ''$'' when i save it? and they dont give me a name. it just says image

Rep:
Level 85
I am already there
yeh the it should say only image but you either rename it or when you save it you write $ next to your image
then import
for example you get one off the generator then you save it say its called image then you go to your
desktop and find it(or where ever you saved it) then you rename it by writing $image
then you import and it should work

yeh the it should say only image but you either rename it or when you save it you write $ next to your image
then import
for example you get one off the generator then you save it say its called image then you go to your
desktop and find it(or where ever you saved it) then you rename it by writing $image
then you import and it should work
oh okay ill try it