RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX][REQUEST]Treasure Hunt Script

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Treasure Hunt
17/03/08

Summary
Basically I need a treasure hunt script for a game  of mine where you can search the surrounding are for hidden treasure using some sort of radar which tells the player where to go to get the hidden treasure. Most people call it Itemfinder.

Features Desired
  • A radar screen
OR
  • Some sort of compass that tells where the treasure is.
  • A popup when the treasure is found.

Mockups
Spoiler for Mockups:

Character lookin' for booty.

Found the booty.

Got a gold coin! GET!

Games its been in
  • Tales of Destiny-I think there was an Itemfinder there?
  • Pokemon
  • Other games that has an itemfinder in them.

Did you search?
Obviously, yeah.

Where did you search?
  • Google
  • rmrk.net
  • hbgames.org
  • Portuguese RM sites
  • Other small sites

What did you search for?
  • itemfinder
  • treasure hunt
  • item radar
  • Forgot the rest
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
how is this what he asked for vmv ?

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
i could poke this ofcourse levent but i have way too much to do. drop me a line in june or something if this is still not made

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
Cool. I might make an event system on this when I finish the poison event system. But using the audio radar is a good idea. Then you could edit it, and voila! 'Sides, events are better than scripts (more ppl understand them ;) ). But I might be going a bit off-topic. If you provide the pictures I'll make an event system for this ;)
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Well, I'd appreciate it if you attempt to make it.
Are the mockups in the spoiler good enough for you?

Rep:
Level 86
Yup. The only hard thing would be the radar I think. So expect me to use more time on that than the other parts of this. I'll need a pciture of every location of a nearby item though (I gave up spriting long ago, sorry)
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Yup. The only hard thing would be the radar I think. So expect me to use more time on that than the other parts of this. I'll need a pciture of every location of a nearby item though (I gave up spriting long ago, sorry)
Is it possible to have messages "Treasure is *** steps to the ***" ?

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah, but you'd need a good deal of events around every treasure, unless you go into more advanced stuff (no idea how, but I'm sure it's possible...)

Rep:
Level 87
ohheythar :O
Can this be used by anyone, or is it restricted to Levent?

Rep:
Level 86
If I made it, I'd let anyone use it. But credit would also go to Levent, because he requested it, I guess

(except people who claim I can't claim it as my own since they think it's too simple and easy when they just are too lazy to do it themselves, or because they don't know how :P) [offtopic]You know, I should copy that sentence into every game and demo I make...[/offtopic]

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Demonic Blade, things that you can legitimately claim as entirely your own are things that are either made uniquely different or are somewhat difficult to do and have not been done yet. This treasure hunting system is a good example of such a thing, and if you should happen to make it you would most certainly be added to the credits. Things like your transparency system and your leveling system, however, are not such a thing. They are simple things that any knowledgable people can do, if they wanted to add something like that to their game. Just because they do not brag about it and post it everywhere demanding credit (like you seem to be), it does not give you the right to call them stupid or lazy.

Sorry to spam your topic Levent, but this is something that I want Demonic Blade to realize.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
That was really unnecessary and something which does not belong to this topic.

@Demonic Blade:
You should have taken your concerns up through pm instead of posting about it here.

@Zylos:
You should have pm'ed that to Demonic Blade

Note that Demonic Blade has the copyright on the leveling system and transparency system he made.
This does not mean that he has copyright on leveling systems or transparency systems, but that he has copyright on those system he specifically made himself. He perfectly fine give other the copyright to the systems under certain conditions such as credits.
Note also that the simplicity of the systems means it is highly likely that very similar systems are made independently by other eventers and that Demonic Blade has no copyright over those systems. (Unless the those eventers gives Demonic Blade some rights)

Having a bunch of events around every treasure would be a very bad idea indeed.
If you know where it is or have an event signifying its position, then it's just about having a parallel process running, using a couple of variables and doing some fairly simple math to get the direction and steps missing.
It's not particular difficult to event, just rather bothersome getting the wanted HUD to work well.

*hugs*
 - Zeriab

Rep:
Level 86
@Zylos: You've told me already (in fact I haven't read your post in the event system stuff 'cuz I could see from the beginning you were gonna hurt me feelings in some way or the other :P).

@Zeriab: You're right, and I will ;)

For my defence, I'd like to say I do the maybe-pretty-easily-done-event-systems but heck, I spared you 5-20 minutes of work. And I make them as a template, so you can improve them yourself. Now, I recommend we go back to the original topic.

LEVENT IS ASKIN' FER A SCRIPT AN' IF 'DAT IS GONNA TAKE SOME TIME 'DEN I IS GONNA HAV' TER MAKE AN EVENT SYSTEM FER HIM! ARRR!

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Here, the next post must be the post that has the complete script in it.
Otherwise, keep spamming within the sewers.

@Demonic Blade
I will add you to the credits if I use the script.
EDIT:I mean event system, not script. Oops.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 09:08:39 AM by Levent »

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
This looks like it'd be fun to script, so if nobody else wants to, I'll take a wack at it :3
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
This looks like it'd be fun to script, so if nobody else wants to, I'll take a wack at it :3
Please do, Tsuno. Especially because nobody has scripted things like this for VX. :lol: