RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] Earthbound Backgrounds (Modified from Battle Backgrounds)

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
EarthBound Backgrounds
Version: 2
Author: ahref,modified from battle backgrounds by Synthesize
Date: 19/2/10

Version History

• <Version 1> Initial release
  • <Version 1.5> 2 Layers now supported
  • <Version 2> Unlimited Layers, X and Y Customization

Planned Future Versions
Support for animations

Description

This script takes the core from Battle Backgrounds and modifies a few things. The picture is determined by the group/troop id and the abstract wavey pattern can be controlled. This is intended to recreate the backgrounds found in earthbound.
NEW: You can now Specify unlimited layers of backgrounds

Features

• Controlable waveness
  • Unlimited Layers

Screenshots

Instructions

Place your battle backgrounds in the 'Pictures' folder (Graphics/Pictures) and see the script for details about using it.

Script

Code: [Select]
#===============================================================================
# Earthbound Backgrounds - RMVX
#===============================================================================
# Written by Synthesize
# February 19, 2010
# Version 2
# Modified by ahref
module SynBattleB
  #-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # Place your battle backgrounds in the 'Pictures' folder (Graphics/Pictures)
  # Format = <group id> => Array of Backgrounds, See Below For examples
  #
  # Items in the array: [ImageName,Wave Amp, Wave Length, Wave Speed, x pos, y pos
  # Note: 0 in the wave varibles means the background wont move :D.
  #
  # BIGGER NOTE: the previous array you set up for your backgrounds will
  # no longer work please retype it :(
  Battle_background =
  {
  #Examples
  # 1 => [["bg1",60,240,120,-80,0]] 1 Background
  # 2 => [["bg1",60,240,120,-80,0],["bg2", 0, 0, 0,-80,0]] 2 Backgrounds
  # 3 => [["bg1",60,240,120,-80,0],["bg2", 0, 0, 0,-80,0],["bg3", 0, 0, 0,-80,0],["bg4", 0, 0, 0,-80,0]] 4 Backgrounds
  # n => [["bg1",60,240,120,-80,0],...,["bgn",60,240,120,-80,0] ]
  1 => [["bg1",60,240,120,-80,0],["bg2", 0, 0, 0,-80,0]]
  }
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Create the battlefloor?
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Create_battlefloor = false
end
# Spriteset_Battle
class Spriteset_Battle
  alias syn_create_battlefloor create_battlefloor
# Create Battleback
  def create_battleback
    @battlebacks = Array.new
    background = SynBattleB::Battle_background[$game_troop.troop.id]
    background.each do |b|
      @battlebacks << Sprite.new(@viewport1)    
      @battlebacks.last.bitmap = Cache.picture(b[0])
      @battlebacks.last.wave_amp = b[1]
      @battlebacks.last.wave_length = b[2]
      @battlebacks.last.wave_speed = b[3]
      @battlebacks.last.x = b[4]
      @battlebacks.last.y = b[5]
    end
  end
  def create_battlefloor
    @battlefloor_sprite = Sprite.new(@viewport1)
    syn_create_battlefloor if SynBattleB::Create_battlefloor == true
  end
  # * Dispose of Battleback Bitmap
  def dispose_battleback_bitmap
    @battlebacks.each do |b|
      b.bitmap.dispose
    end
  end
  # * Dispose of Battleback Sprite
  def dispose_battleback  
    @battlebacks.each do |b|
      b.dispose
    end
  end
  # * Update Battleback
  def update_battleback
    @battlebacks.each do |b|
      b.update
    end
  end
end
# Written by Synthesize
# February 19, 2010
# Version 2
# Modified by ahref
# Earthbound Backgrounds - RMVX

Credit

• Synthesize
  • ahref

Support

IM ME!

Author's Notes

Made for arrow during GIAWVX :D
Synthesize for whatever reason if you dont want this to be here PM me :D

EPIC NECROPOST UPDATE OF AWESOME

« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 01:24:57 PM by ahref »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Favourite Staff Member
looks nice ahref  ;D

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Additional praise is required!

YOU ARE AWESOME.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
fix for arrows problem(i hope):
replace lines 62-88 with
  # * Dispose of Battleback Bitmap
  def dispose_battleback_bitmap
    @battleback_sprite.bitmap.dispose
    if @battleback_sprite2
      @battleback_sprite2.bitmap.dispose
    end
  end
  # * Dispose of Battleback Sprite
  def dispose_battleback 
    @battleback_sprite.dispose
    if @battleback_sprite2
      @battleback_sprite2.dispose
    end
  end
  # * Update Battleback
  def update_battleback
    @battleback_sprite.update
    if @battleback_sprite2
      @battleback_sprite2.update
    end
  end
[/s]

above fix was not the fix :D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 08:58:49 PM by ahref »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
ahref your fix now works perfectly. I owe you hugely.

Rep:
Level 84
Hey dude, i like our Script and i finally figured out how to use it, but i'd like to know how do you set multiple backgrounds for multiple enemy troops?
Do you copy and paste the line under the original and edit the info? or do u copy and paste the whole thing again?...
Im confused...

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
EPIC NECROPOST,

Script MAJORLY updated.

Rep:
Level 84
AWESOME!
Can't wait for the Animation update!

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
I'm having SERIOUS problems with this script. With it installed, the game crashes with a "nil class" error if I encounter a troop other than troop 1. If I add a new line to the script, like you said to, the game won't even start due to a syntax error on that one line! What am I doing wrong? What can I do? The script is far from informative...

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Favourite Staff Member
You probably have to set a background for that troop. See here:

1 => [["bg1",60,240,120,-80,0],["bg2", 0, 0, 0,-80,0]]

That sets it for troop 1. You'll need to set ones for Troop 2, 3, etc..., like:

1 => [["bg1",60,240,120,-80,0],["bg2", 0, 0, 0,-80,0]],
  2 => [["bg1",60,240,120,-80,0],["bg2", 0, 0, 0,-80,0]],
  3 => [["bg1",60,240,120,-80,0],["bg2", 0, 0, 0,-80,0]],
  n => [["bg1",60,240,120,-80,0],["bg2", 0, 0, 0,-80,0]]

If I had to guess, the reason you are getting a syntax error when you try to add lines is because you aren't putting commas.

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Thanks! I can't believe I missed something so simple! I knew I was missing something blindingly obvious, but I just had no idea!

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
RMRK Junior