RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
World Crafters: V.10.1

Rep:
Level 90
UPLOADED VERSION 3

Enemies are not as abundant. There is now enemy repellant for a price. There are weapons for sale now.

There is now a prison system. Do the crime, do the time. Not really. More like you just need to start from wherever the prison is. Revival system ala Dragon Warrior 3. I moved the island, BUT this should not conflict with any save files, because the only way that you can save in the game is if you sleep in a bed at an inn :-)

Oh and I am still wondering how much it costs to buy something from the merchant in the cave and what it takes to find the merchant.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 05:29:45 PM by maia »
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 88
goodtimess
The encounter rate is 10 steps in the overworld and the cave. I do have specific cave monsters for the cave, but they're tougher and there are no weapons so far in the game. :-) People would be dead left and right. I'll change it to 20 or something. You can always run.

As for your story, it is great! :-) It will make a great first step / first real quest. Right now there are things to do... but I wouldn't call them quests.

Phew. Alright. I remade some of the monsters to suit them in the area. You need to be at least level 6-7 to work through my "world."
What the?
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Rep:
Level 86
I really like the idea behind this project.  So much so that I began as soon as I could and have finished making an island for everyone to enjoy and critique.

Features
2 towns(only 1 is a full town)
2 dungeons
2 quests(1 each for the dungeons)

nice round numbers  :)

I tried to keep it as simple as possible, while including stuff that was in Maia's demo(things like the church, but done in my own way, and only saving in the inn when you rest) for the sake of consistency.

(requires you to have the VX RTP files installed on your computer)
Here's the link (encrypted): http://www.mediafire.com/?oitdghmpsgm
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 03:29:10 PM by Garge »

Rep:
Level 90
Wow! This is really nice! I love it! It is more than I ever expected :-) I will integrate it in for the next version :-) Thank you so much Garge!
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 86
Glad you like it.  It's the first map of mine that anyone besides myself has played :-\

By the way, in your demo game, how do I access the menu? I've been pushing every button in all the places and can't get anything to pop up.  It would be nice to be able to equip the items I buy.  ;D

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Glad you like it.  It's the first map of mine that anyone besides myself has played :-\

By the way, in your demo game, how do I access the menu? I've been pushing every button in all the places and can't get anything to pop up.  It would be nice to be able to equip the items I buy.  ;D
I'm assuming 0(keypad) or ESC.

Rep:
Level 86
Quote from: Garge
I've been pushing every button.

Esc and 0 on keypad haven't worked either. Been Alt+F4ing my way out after I save.  I'm wondering if it's just disabled globally and just not being enabled inside somewhere, like the guildhouse.

Rep:
Level 90
With the next version I will make an universal fix that will restore your menu when you sleep. Maybe I disabled it somewhere :-)

Rep:
Level 86
Ah, thanks.  :D

Rep:
Level 90
UPLOADED VERSION 4

Garge wrote me a PM and has successfully found what the merchant sells in the cave and what it takes for the merchant to appear.

Speaking of Garge, added the wonderful island. It is still technically an island. I have modified it a bit from its original state. A puzzle has been added to the tower. The boat has been disabled for now... its being "repaired."

To get to the island you walk from the start. There is about an extra 40-50 minutes of gameplay. I play tested through it. Good luck beating the Ogre.

There are now 5 tokens in the game. Sort of fun things to find and collect.
 - the cave
 - the treasury
 - the tower
 - the rats
 - from the dead

There is now armor, more itmes and more weapons. A bunch of stuff. Can't remember what. Find it and tell me :-)

FIXES
 - for those that cannot bring up the menu, when you wake up out of your save state. Go back to sleep. Then when you wake up that second time. The menu will work.
 - You can speak to the king to get 100 GP to start you off.

Rep:
Level 90
UPLOADED VERSION 5

I noticed a major error. An error that skipped where you enter the player name. I also made a cave and a few other nifty things. There is another quest and plenty of stuff to do in the new cave... just gotta find the key to the cave.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:15:56 PM by maia »

Rep:
Level 86
so this game basically has no story line and no ending right?

Rep:
Level 86
There's no story for the game as a whole, but the parts that users send in to become part of it may have their own stories to go with them.  Maia may also decide to add a story that ties in several of the areas, if she so chooses.  But as for an "end", I doubt you'll see one.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
I am antman hear me roar
I will Be happy to contribute. it Sound like a grat ides and i can contribute the maps
From "the lost ring" Plus more Forests and simalar.

But i must ask 2 questions.

Is there any possibility of it becomin an online game.

And how about a Rpg 2k3 world hidden in the game.  we could use the map section E to save space

Rep:
Level 86
Quote from: Fallen-antman
And how about a Rpg 2k3 world hidden in the game.  we could use the map section E to save space

RULES OF SUBMISSION

- Must be in RPG Maker VX
 - You must submit your unencrypted files. If you do not, I cannot copy and paste them into the world.
 - No custom graphics. You can only use the default graphics that come in the RTP. This is a consistantly downloaded game, so it is best to be gentle on the people that have 56 Kbps modems.
 - Do not use switch D for NPCs.

I had a 1KB file removed, so I don't think an entire tileset is gonna make it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 01:23:40 PM by Garge »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008

Absurd
Absurd AND preposterous.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 90
I will Be happy to contribute. it Sound like a grat ides and i can contribute the maps
From "the lost ring" Plus more Forests and simalar.

But i must ask 2 questions.

Is there any possibility of it becomin an online game.

- Nope this will not be an online game. If you want to make an online game, many people have tried. See Lomanisio for that.

- No RPG 2K3 hidden worlds. The game is already enough like RPG2K3. I could not copy and paste into the game if that was the case.

so this game basically has no story line and no ending right?

- Technically no, there is no story like you must slay the dragon and save the princess. This is a game with back to back to back stories like Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior 3, Final Fantasy Legend 2.

- You complete 1 story then go to the next :-) However, maybe it will culmanate to something at tne end like they all did.

Rep:
Level 90
The new world (of the update)

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 86
Quite nice.  Looking forward towards it.

Rep:
Level 90
Another fun thing that I've thought of, because things change from version to version. You could wake up and find the town you went to sleep in has been taken over by a different kingdom.

... need contributors ...

Rep:
Level 90
In a fun leap I have created personalities. To my knowledge Dragon Warrior III for the GBC is the only game to have them. When you level up, your characters level up based on their personality.

I have even made it so those who have current games will level up after the next battle. Like if you are level 8, after a battle you will see it level up 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 times to get you back to where you are and to set your stats accordingly :-)

So far there are 6 personalities
 - Jock (high HP)
 - Intellectual (high MP)
 - Psychotic (high attack)
 - Pessimist (high defense)
 - Devout (high spirit)
 - Seductive (high agility)

Any more personalities to add?

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
I am antman hear me roar
ok just an ides thats all but stilll im happy to contribute i will pose some maps when i get a chance ;D

Rep:
Level 90
People have PMed me some stuff to add. The world is getting big and interesting. There is now a bigger storyline with lots of puzzles. A storyline that involves 3 kingdoms.

I have added classes, more weapons, armor and skills. There is now a class tree as well.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 04:34:06 PM by maia »

Rep:
Level 88
Paradoxial failboats are cool.
I forgot entirely that I was working on a contribution. >>

I blame video games. I'll start working on it again today.
The message below is false.
The message above is true.

Rep:
Level 90
I'm playing again from start to finnish. So far I'm 2 hours into the game. I beat the Ogre! I'm also adding some stuff to keep the game flowing from one area to another.

I've now completed everything that was in the game for the Version 5 release. Now I will go through the stuff in Version 6 and release it.

I have a party with the following classes:
 - Grappler (with a seductive personality)
 - Fighter (with a pessimist personality)
 - White Mage (with an intellectual personality)
 - Merchant (with a pessimist personality)

QUESTS SO FAR
Do not read. This is a serious spoiler.... You might know too much about the game if you read!

Spoiler for:

Version 5 stuff
 - talk with King Lorik for 100 GP
 - talk to those in the shrine of destiny to find where to get taught classes
 - get a vivification vial and revive the merchant to obtain the power bracelet
 - kill rats
 - save fairies / obtain a key
 - find flint in a locked cave

Version 6 stuff
 - level up so your party's entire level totals 33 (lvl 8 + lvl 8 + lvl 8 + lvl 9) / give something
 - attend a late night meeting
 - speak with King Samurik
 - spend a night in a bunker and become a criminal
 - raid Armatropa at night / obtain the armor / obtain a key
 - slip through the time passage
 - light the fire / use a bone against the beast
 - overthrow Lord Black