RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Stencyl Release Date and Beta Info

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Quote from: Jon
We will only announce a release date when we are ready to release. We are (obviously) planning to release this year. Thanks for your patience.
The official post from Jon~

So, the Stencyl team is planning to release Stencyl this year. Before the release, there will be a few waves of beta tests.

Quote from: Jon
We will begin our public beta testing program later this year. It will take place in several phases.

Phase 1: Closed Beta
We send out invites to about 50-100 selected members of the community.

Phase 2: Closed Beta
Open applications for beta. We will accept people on a rolling basis daily. We plan to accept 100-200 people total in this phase, but we may adjust this amount depending on the response.

Phase 3: Semi-Open Beta
GMail style invitations will be assigned to existing beta testers who will be able to invite friends. Unlike GMail, this isn't a chain - only the original beta testers can invite.

Phase 4: Open Beta
Public launch. This phase will last as long as necessary, even up to a year. (GMail is still in beta after several years!)
The official post from Jon~

Just thought I'd share that with you all. =o
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 03:59:20 AM by Irock »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Thanks for sharing the info, Irock! :lol:

Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
OMG thx 0_0

Rep:
Level 86
CHAINSAW!!
i bet it wont be 100% free, unless someone is sponcering it, or they r taking donations...
but if im wrong and it is 100% free, that would be a nice surprise  ;8
I have:
GM7
RPGXP
RPGVX
FPS Creator
Cube 2
3D Gamemaker (SHITBOX!)

WIP stats:
RPGVX:
none, just experimenting with random events...

Rep:
Level 87
Yes, Stencyl is 100% free.

Also, they are taking donations, but these donations go only to help pay for the servers.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 04:56:53 PM by RMXPokemaniac »

Rep:
Level 86
CHAINSAW!!
a non profite, full time organisation? well it probably isnt full time, but monthly if lucky. nah i dont know a thing about it apart from it having these little packs which people make for you to make games with...
I have:
GM7
RPGXP
RPGVX
FPS Creator
Cube 2
3D Gamemaker (SHITBOX!)

WIP stats:
RPGVX:
none, just experimenting with random events...

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
a non profite, full time organisation? well it probably isnt full time, but monthly if lucky. nah i dont know a thing about it apart from it having these little packs which people make for you to make games with...
Jon spends approximately 30 hours a week working on Stencyl, and 45 hours as a software engineer.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

Also, they are taking donations, but these donations go only to help pay for the servers.

What servers?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87

What servers?
For hosting the website.

http://forums.stencyl.com/showthread.php?tid=2092