RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help with DS Game Maker

Rep:
Level 87
Kotae Wa Kitte Nai...ii?
I can't open Game Maker files with it...
Any ideas?
Also I wasn't sure where to post this.
Dude do you break dance?

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
You posted in the right place.

As for the DS Game Maker, Im not sure since I havent used it yet.

What are you trying to open it with?
Sig by MacGravel

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
DS Game Maker is Game Maker that allows the DS to play the game, if you have a game already made with Game Maker, you would just need to change the extension of normal Game Maker games to the DS Game Maker extension (.dsgm), go into DS Game Maker, save the project and it should be compatible for the DS

... change the extension of normal Game Maker games to the DS Game Maker extension (.dsgm), go into DS Game Maker, save the project and it should be compatible for the DS

... extension (.dsgm), go into DS Game Maker, save the project and it should be compatible for the DS
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 87
Kotae Wa Kitte Nai...ii?
I've done that.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of the error I'm getting:

« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 09:19:54 AM by Shibuya »
Dude do you break dance?

Rep:
Level 87
Kotae Wa Kitte Nai...ii?
Bump, I really want to use this for KloNic...
Dude do you break dance?

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
DS Game Maker definetly isn't compatible with Game Maker for PC. Just think about the practicalities - room sizes, sprite sizes, they all have to be mathematical numbers on the DS, e.g. 32, 64, 18, 192, 256.

Also there is no way either me or Robert Dixon could begin to read the bloated GMK files. They have so much DRM and protection.

However, try the DS Game Maker at www.dsgamemaker.com . Whilst it still can't load GM6/GMK files, it does support sprites, backgrounds, sounds, rooms and actions, so give a go to recreating the game by hand. It's much more fun.

- James

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Thank you for personally registering to post that (the creator himself guys) ,but please don't necropost. A new topic would have been fine and I could have stickied it for everyone to see.

Thanks in advance.
Sig by MacGravel

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
The post is fine, a bad necro is one that contains no information at all.

DS Game Maker definetly isn't compatible with Game Maker for pc. Just think about the practicalities - room sizes, sprite sizes, they all have to be mathematical numbers on the DS, e.g. 32, 64, 18, 192, 256.

Also there is no way either me or Robert Dixon could begin to read the bloated GMK files. They have so much DRM and protection.

However, try the DS Game Maker at www.dsgamemaker.com . Whilst it still can't load GM6/GMK files, it does support sprites, backgrounds, sounds, rooms and actions, so give a go to recreating the game by hand. It's much more fun.

- James

thank you for posting that, it clears up the mess going on here and also, I've been looking for some way to do homebrew on my ds for a while.  I have an M3 DS Real so I've been looking to make a homebrew game or two, maybe this is what I'm looking for.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon