RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[GM] Stand alone .exe games error [SOLVED]

Rep:
Level 86
I, me, my... you?
Okay, I'm a complete newbie to Game maker(just picked it up today, actually) so bear with me if this is a stupid question.

I tried testing a game (one of the examples that comes with it) from the game maker program using the test button, it saves it as an exe. then displays this message:

It does this when I try to open the exe. game file as well.

Any help appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:41:44 AM by modern algebra »
Working on: Oh my, Gradion! (A post-apocalyptic adventure)
Currently Playing: Lunar Knights, Cave Story

Rep:
Level 88
I'm scared of my grandma. Wouldn't you be?
It's not a stupid question. I'll try to help. I've seen 2 instances of this problem occur before.

1. When I had a file that, for some reason game maker didn't like, and It was a tileset that I later broke apart into a different file and it worked.

2. When I first got gamemaker some of my games did that as well, I just uninstalled and re-installed it and it worked right. Hopefully you don't have the registered version yet and this won't be a pain.

Those could be the problem, but judging from that picture, it seems that Microsoft is having a problem with the .exe files. I'd say your best bet is to re-install Gamemaker. Does this happen when you you try to test one of your own games made in Gamemaker?

Rep:
Level 86
I, me, my... you?
Ah, nevermind. It seems Game Maker doesn't like my graphics card (savage IX with a whopping 8megs...).
Thanks for the response, all the same. :)
Working on: Oh my, Gradion! (A post-apocalyptic adventure)
Currently Playing: Lunar Knights, Cave Story

Rep:
Level 88
I'm scared of my grandma. Wouldn't you be?
No problem. Glad to hear you figured it out at least.