RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
=-+-=ABSTRUSENESS=-+-= <-An RM2K3 Survival Horror-> -~[(A FIRST)]~-

Rep:
Level 86
ABSTRUSENESS
BY DRALEL
WEBSITE = UNDER DEVELOPMENT

GENRE = Survival Horror
PROGRESS
GAME OVERALL = 0.6%
LOCATIONS = 1.89%%
ALL SPRITES = 59%
EVENTS ON MAPS AND COMMON EVENTS = 12%
RESOURCE GATHERING = ??%

STORY
Spoiler for:
Three young adults playing basketball one day, is going to be three pterified adults playing cat and mouse with the most horrific creatures in God's imagination.
On that day, they decide to investigate a nearby abandoned school. They get trapped inside the school and must find their way out through the dark, violent, horrific, silent and petrifying dungeon. Their world has changed around them, dense fog outside, nobody living, mysterious monsters roam the town, buildings turn into hell and no-one is to help you. You must survive alone.
There are many twists and suprises in this game, and a "special" guest from a classic horror film. With all this, all you must do is survive.

CHARACTERS
Spoiler for:
*RED = Main Character
Alex
The average person compared to his friends,
he is smart at times and less capable in others.

Jones
A smaller, faster and skillfull man. Though
he is the least smartest and cares for his
hobbies.

Henry
Taller and more alert, he is easily frightened
but knows how to adapt to situations.

QUICK FEATURES
Spoiler for:
  • Animated sprites.
  • Dynamic lighting.
  • Variety of weapons, melee and ranged.
  • 2 endings and unlockables.
  • Picture filters.
  • First survival horror game for P.C in 2D with melee and ranged weapons.
  • Custom menu.
  • Original characters, monsters, weapons, story and item sprites.
  • Contribute to Silent Hill.

SCREENSHOTS AND TRAILERS
Spoiler for:
SCREENSHOTS

The official title screen for the game.

The introduction to the game, a rather quick one too.

The first in-game screenshot, we can see the light is on and a mysterious book on the table.

TRAILERS
None.

DEMO
Spoiler for:
Not out until later this year.

ADDITIONAL NOTES, IMPORTANT!
Spoiler for:
I have only just begun production of this game, so it will be released around Halloween time this year.
The demo will be released around April/May area.
DATES SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

RECRUITMENT FORM
Spoiler for:
I am currently recruiting members to help me with this project. I am looking for:
  • SPRITE CREATING (GENERAL OBJECTS)
  • CUSTOM MENU BUILDER & MEMOS
  • MAP PER ROOM FOR MENU
If you wish to help me, I will be thankful. Your work will be credited fully and have the option to have a link to your website/forum.
The form can be found in an EXTENSION file on this webpage. Please return it to me through E-MAIL and an E-Mail will be sent back concerning you of details of work.
REWARD(S) FOR JOINING
  • Have the game a week before anyone else.
  • Have the demo a week before anyone else.
  • Full credit.
  • News on any further developments of my games.

I hope you are looking forward to this rare type of genre in the RPG Maker series, this game will not be cancelled and that's a promise.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 07:43:39 PM by Dralel »
==-+-==ACTIVE PROJECT==-+-==
          Kingdom of Warfare I

Rep:
Level 88
Paradoxial failboats are cool.
Looks great, but make the light have a little more effect. It still seems really dark.

Oh yeah, by ranged weapons, do you mean guns? Those are kinda hard to event if your doing a action battle system thing. I know how to, though, if you need some help with that. Just PM me if you have trouble.  ;)
The message below is false.
The message above is true.

Rep:
Level 86
Thanks for the reply, yeah I mean guns and shotguns. XD
Yeah am I doing a real-time battle system too so everything is real time, it's all animated too (i.e. attacks, melee weapons swinging etc).

P.s. Yeah the lights look dim because I run multiple layers of pictures over the screen so it covers the light, but when you play the game the pictures split secondly change so it looks like a filter (like the ones used in Silent Hill).
Also, thanks for the offer I will PM if I need help.
          Kingdom of Warfare I

Rep:
Level 88
Paradoxial failboats are cool.
That means that the guns are gonna be really complicated if you want them to work well. I can do it though.
I could also do a event where you press a button and switch out guns if you need it.
The message below is false.
The message above is true.

Rep:
Level 86
At first I was thinking that you press the attack button and whatever monster is in your vision (the event grids directly in-front of you) get hit.
The way I want to switch guns is that you need to access the menu and change guns.

Think you could do a gun event for me then? Make it work? If you could PM with the details. XD
          Kingdom of Warfare I

Rep:
Level 86
Sorry to resurrect this thread after so many years but I'm interested if anybody still has the demo file on their computer? I lost access to it and would like to have it, thanks!
          Kingdom of Warfare I