RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Web Design]GameBean Site Preview!

Rep:
Level 86
I do have a question, would it be relative to the scoring system, if I were to score the retro games, (NES, SNES, SEGA), and so on, relative to the other games on there respective consoles? Say if I were comparing Mario Bros. 3 to the rest of the games on the console, I would give it a higher graphics score then most, but if I were comparing it to games on all consoles I would have to give it a small score. What would you like me to do.
Monkeys work better than zombies.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
actually, thanks for the reminder. The scoring system has changed. :o

no longer numbers, but it will be text based. "graphics: bad, good ect.."
The words for this have not been selected yet.

Why?
Malson brought up a good point about how using #'s, makes us just another game review site.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 86
Alright, but what about my other question  ;9. Would you like me to compare NES games to other NES games for the rating, or to all other game systems? and so on for retro games.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
If you want to mention other games in there then feel free to :)

like say if I was talking about Halo 3, I could say its not as good as __________ (another xbox 360 shooter)

Rep:
Level 86
Close to answering lol, I guess what I mean is, If I were to say compare Mario 3 to like any other NES game, I would say it has better graphics then most other NES games, so I would say the graphics are "Good" But If I were to compare  Mario 3 to games of this generation, I would have to classify the graphics as "Bad" Do you see what I mean. Which would you rather me do, compare the retro games, to other retro games, or compare them to, all games in general.

Rep:
Level 87
I'm in since you asked.  :bean:

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Close to answering lol, I guess what I mean is, If I were to say compare Mario 3 to like any other NES game, I would say it has better graphics then most other NES games, so I would say the graphics are "Good" But If I were to compare  Mario 3 to games of this generation, I would have to classify the graphics as "Bad" Do you see what I mean. Which would you rather me do, compare the retro games, to other retro games, or compare them to, all games in general.

then I'd rather not. I mean include it in your review by all means, but when you go to the end it will be a simple "graphics: bad"

I'm in since you asked.  :bean:

Glad to have you on.

Rep:
Level 86
Ok, so NES game = graphics bad then right? no matter what right.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
xD

its all compared to its abilities.

In your review, mention graphics.

:Graphics are better than any other NES game I have ever played"

so in the end it should be: "Graphics: Awesome!"

NES =|= Xbox 360.

Rep:
Level 86
OK, I'm going to start drafting a review on paper, while I reformat my computer lol.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
I can do SNES games easily, with video review option if you want.

Oh and sorry for not testing it out, had a lot on my plate lately, it will all shift though in a couple of days so I will be able to help then.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no problem man ^^
its alright, it works :)

I can do SNES games easily, with video review option if you want.
I'd love it if you could review SNES games :) but I don't understand the second half of it:
"with video review option if you want."

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
As in, I can do a normal review, plus a video review for that game as an extra.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
well, reviews are open to anyone! you can choose any game you'd like.

IF you guys would like to read what I consider an awesome review site, please do so:

http://www.thunderboltgames.com/reviews/article/burnout-paradise-review-for-xbox360.html

good read and helps you understand how to write a good review :)

Rep:
Level 33
RMRK Junior
nice site Just signed myself up Although quite when Im going to get the time to do anyting on there at the moment is beyond me

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
are you a bot

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
would you tell me if you were a bot

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
It's learning. It's learning to become a real human and some day they will rule over us the robots I mean of course who else could they be the aliens, not likely they don't even have warp yet.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
What if it's alien robots?
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Or robot aliens

Rep:
Level 97
I call them Xenobots

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWkMqsIpt6o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWkMqsIpt6o</a>