RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
"Scarred" Testers Needed! [On Hold]

Rep:
Level 88
If you have seen my project, "Scarred" then you know that I am doing tests for this project. I need testers!

Current Test: None

Current Testers: None

I am currently fixing the battle system so, it will be a while before I can get a new test up. If you would like to sign up early for testing, just PM me, and I'll remember you when the test comes.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 06:00:45 AM by Final-Knight »

Rep:
Level 87
I guess I could test it. I love Tactical Battle System games like Fire Emblem.

Rep:
Level 88
Alright, I'd like to have a large group of testers (Like 5 or more). So, more people, join!

And yeah, you can test. I'm having stupidity problems so it'll be tomorrow before I can get you the test. :P

Rep:
Level 87
Hey, I've seen your project and I like it, may I be a tester for you?

Rep:
Level 88
Yeah. I'll add you.

The test project seems to be getting worse... I'm hitting a major screw up that I'm trying to fix. ;9

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Stupid mistake on my part. But, you can only take on 7 enemies at a time.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 02:20:40 AM by Final-Knight »

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Fire Emblem, huh? I'd be interested in testing this.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I'd happily test it, but I don't have internet at home any more and can only get on here...I'm also not back here till next tuesday, so if you're in no rush I could, but if you're looin' for fast results then probably best not bother with me....

Rep:
Level 88
Alright, test will be going up later today. I'll add you two to the list. Brady, the test period won't really end, so you can join in at any time. ;D

Rep:
Level 88
First Test is sent. People can still join, I'll send the download to any who wish to test.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
After watching your project since pretty much the beginning, I guess I could always try testing it for you.

Rep:
Level 88
PMing you the link now. ;D

Rep:
Level 87
I tried it out, and it's a pretty good game. But at this one point the game froze and there were no menus on the screen. It happened when one of the enemies attacked one of my allies and then it froze, with one of the enemies flashing, like it was his turn, but I couldn't do anything (the music kept playing). Was that supposed to happen?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I had the same problem where it was an enemy's turn but he did not move and I could not do anything but wait for the menu that would never appear. This is the only serious problem I could find.

There are other some minor things that can be easily fixed (such as matching the right down sprite to it's fallen character and characters passing through other characters), but they are all graphically related and this is only a technical test.

Everything else up to that error looked great, this is definitely one of the best tactical-based battle systems I have seen.
Good job so far, Final-Knight!

Rep:
Level 88
Thank you for the reports.

But, can someone give me a screen of the froze part? It would help me a lot.

And Zylos, fallen character thing is going to be fixed soon. (Thanks for reporting that, I kinda forgot.) And being able to walk through other characters is intended. I can change that though.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Okay, I played through it a second time, and it didn't happen this time. It must be under only certain conditions that this happens, but I'm not sure just what yet. I'll keep trying until I get it again. It's not that the game itself freezes, it's just that its an enemy's turn but he doesn't do anything; he just sits there.

I did however find another glitch. After beating the first battle, any character that was knocked out vanishes. I'm assuming this is done on purpose, but what the problem really is is that whenever I move my other characters around, the game thinks that the unconscious character is still there on the map, even though their sprite is missing. This prevented me from moving some of my characters to that particular spot.

Rep:
Level 88
Ah, thanks for finding that second glitch. I can fix that one pretty easily. ;D

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I too experienced the frozen baddy thing.  To give a dtailed summary of what happened, I first noticed that the baddy attacked a weird way...
(Try and picture it, I couldn't get a screeny in....)
O represents an empty space,  B represents a baddy, D represents a dead baddy, A represents the attacking baddy and V represents the victim of the attack.

OOAOO
OBDBO
OVOOO

I thought it was kinda unfair that he could attack through people like that, then the victim's hp bar fell to empty, but he didn't drop dead, just stood there with an empty hp bar.  It then went onto the next baddy's turn and just froze, letting him flash repeatedly and the music playing....

After about a minute I decided nothing was gunna happen so just closed the application.
(insert unrelated that just hit me; how do you get full screen on XP games?  That's the first rmxp game I've played....)

Rep:
Level 88
Ah, I see. I'll get that fixed. Thanks, Brady.

I'm going to put up a new battle test up sometime next month and this time, it'll have different weapons and skills.

It may take a while though.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Wooooooooooo!

I'm listed on someone's credits for something!  I feel useful!  ;D

Rep:
Level 85
I too would like to give it a try. Sounds like fun.

Rep:
Level 88
Well, normally, I'd say yes but, this project is on hold until I can fix up a better TBS. I'm working on it though. I've gotten a lot better at editing scripts so I might be able to fix everything.

Rep:
Level 85
Fooey :-[. Oh well. be sure to post when you're ready to test again!  :)