In order to input your own custom sprites in, they must be the correct size and have the right colour range. In order to get the right size, I've made up some grids (more to come).Battle Sprite Grid.
- Each three squares are one continuous animation thread, so fill in three for a single sprite.
Here's an example;
- As you can see you can fill in multiple lines, but remember to erase the grid once done. Note: Do not draw in the weapons!Sprite Grid.
Here's an example:
- Just follow the directions Terra is facing and use it for when you create a sprite.Weapon Grid
- Three squares left to right make an animation thread. The hard part is getting the weapon aligned with the battle sprite, just keep moving the weapon around and test it until you get it right.Face Set Grid
To get the correct colour the file must be in 8bit format. Files can be converted in paint but is not recommended as while paint is an excellent tool for drawing sprites, it is not good at converting file types and the image will be heavily corrupted. If you do not have a good converter you may follow these steps for an effective result;
1) Export a few different pictures from the game that is in the same field of the sprite that you are making.
2) Open both your sprite picture and the exported ones in paint in separate windows.
3) Copy your sprite picture and paste in into the exported one, you will note that the colour has changed. If you do not like the colour it has changed into, paste your sprites into another exported picture for a different range of colours.
4) Save the new picture under a different name and import it into the RM.