RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] Basic Mapping Tutorial

Rep:
Level 86
Basic Mapping with RMVX
NOTE: This mapping tutorial was made with the LEGAL trial version of RPG Maker VX.

Welcome to my first RMVX tutorial. First, what I usually do, is make the grass and stuff. Next to the tall grass on Page A of the tileset, is a regular grass tile. Fill the entire page with it. It should look like this:

Now, let's add something to it. You should constuct main buildings first (i.e Houses, Water, ect) and add detail after. So, add a house or two, and don't forget you can make them bigger and wider. Map should look like this:

Time for some more add ones, perhaps some water? I usually construct a fence around the whole town. And the water should run through the entire town, it would look unnatural for a lake in the town. And, the fence should cut off where you enter/exit the town. Don't forget to construct a bridge over the water.  The map should look something like this:

Does your map look good? Well, time to make it even better with detail. Put signs on the buildings, dirt and tall grass, some barrels, and maybe more fences around the houses. The rest is up to you. Perhaps add some more fences or water, some windows and events, and your map could look like this:

This is, of corse, basic mapping. With more help, this map could be even better. I hope you benefit from my tutorial, because more are coming. Definitly.

You're watching Futurama, the show that doesn't condone the cool crime of robbery.
http://dragonshadowstudios.hostsnake.com/

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
3 of your images are broken :(

Rep:
Level 86
No their not, I can see them perfectly.

You're watching Futurama, the show that doesn't condone the cool crime of robbery.
http://dragonshadowstudios.hostsnake.com/

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
hmm, they were before, at least for me. They look fine now.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
To empty. More details. It's to much empty spaces, wich isn't good for a village in that size.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Shadow, make a better one and I'll replace this one with yours :P

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Nice tutorial. About the fence around the town: it looks fine, but it would seem more
natural without it.

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
Poor Chaotic... The Shadow just stole the topic... (Nice tut by the way, and so is yours, The Shadow)
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!