RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] Extra Movement Frames

Rep:
Level 84
Gow would you do that...make the character set bigger I mean.  How big can you go?  For example, I have a friend that is custom making sprites for me, and we want them to look really awesome, but we don't like the quishy look of the VX RTP characters, so we're making them bigger, so how big can the character set be?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
As big as you want, but you don't need this script to do that.

Just put $ before the character file name, and it will treat it as a single character sheet, so it can be any size.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
Hello there! I've been working with your script but I ran into few problems. They're pretty minor, but I just want to throw them at your direction so you know them.

Issue #1
By default, RPPVX process the walking pattern like this: 1,2,3,2,1,2,3 - repeat. It cycles, from 1 to 3, to 1, etc.

But your script changed that so it goes 1,2,3,4, 1,2,3,4, 1,2,3,4. It doesn't cycle backwards. I can probably dive in the script and try to change the pattern settings.

Issue #2
When I start the game with my main character using your extended pattern script. It goes to 3rd pattern, but immediately switches to 1st pattern. It's minor but you can see character change its pattern when you're not doing anything at first - (game start, teleport wrap, etc.) It's kind of big issue for me. They aren't supposed to do that in my opinion so it irks me.

Issue #3
The script doesn't affect any filename that doesn't have $ in front. So that's fine... until I used my custom sprite that only has 3 frames, named $raven, but in the game, it acts like he has extended patterns so it only shows partial raven sprite. I can avoid this issue by setting it to %[3], though.

Rep:
Level 84
Koalas are awesome
I believe issue # 1 is actually because this is (presumably) intended to make it possible to use RMXP characters. RMXP goes 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4... instead.

~Miget man12
Spoiler for BIG:
A mini-biography-ish thing of meI am learning to script with Ruby/RGSS2, I think I'm getting pretty good at it :)
Oh yeah, and I know Latin, that count's for something, doesn't it?
This is amazing, can you raed it?
Olny 55% of plepoe can raed this.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! Spelling is important!! :D
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.
The Best Ruby Guide I've Found: Why's (poignant) guide to ruby

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Is this script compatible with Tankentai SBS(v3.3), ATB (v1.1) and the Animated Enemies Add-on?
Because I'm having a problem, or I'm just doing it wrong... I dunno.

Well I placed the script above MAIN, I already added a character with name !$%[6]lawrence but in game I just can see parts of the sprites, sliced. :-\ In battle it goes okay.

Am I doing something wrong or it's incompatible? ??? Thanks ^-^

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Very nice script, but is it customizable enough to just use animations like this?

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Hi modern algebra, thanks for letting me use your EMF Script.
Its very usefull but I need your advice for some things about it.

This is a sample Sprite I made (only for the Down Button) to test your script:

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-5659782/----7-aaa.png.html

What do I have to edit in your script to make it walk like this:
1-3-4-5-6-7-(repeat)

Currently your script envolves the "Stand Sprite" (2) into the walking animation, making it look "bad".

And also I've found a little issue in your script:
When I start the game with my main character. It goes to 2nd pattern, but immediately switches to 1st pattern. You can see character change its pattern when you're not doing anything at first - (game start, teleport wrap, etc.).
How do I also change this ?

I hope you can help me as fast as possible.

Thank you.

-HEast
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 06:06:17 PM by HEast »
Its Dangerous To Have A Signature These Days.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
Wait, so I have to rename my actual .png file for this to work? Lame... I spent all night downloading Sithjester's sprites so I could use them with RMVX.
Feed my dragons your clicks! Please...? Or they'll die, and I'll be really sad... I already named them and everything.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It takes about 1 second to rename a file

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
I have a lot of files :)
Feed my dragons your clicks! Please...? Or they'll die, and I'll be really sad... I already named them and everything.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
If you're seriously that fucking lazy, get photoshop and make a batch command to save-as documents to whatever you want. Use google on how to batch command actions in photoshop if you have it, because I'm not going to explain something like this to an idiot.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
Wow, you're a dumbass. I already did it, so get the fuck off my case.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Huh, well it mustn't have taken you too long then. Also, dumbass would be the incorrect insult. I haven't done anything dumb at all. Asshole would have been more suitable, I think. I'm not particularly on your case. You just seem to post stupid shit all the time, and I'm there to tell you that they're stupid. To be honest, it's really nothing personal, lol. I just think a lot of your posts are dumb, dumbass .  ;D

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Junior
No, you're pretty much on my case. You call me fucking lazy, call me an idiot, and then try to make it seem like you did nothing wrong. And yeah, you are a dumbass. I post stupid shit all the time? I'm new to forums, and I've barely been here for two days. Try to show a little consideration next time.

Rep:
Level 83
Hey, lets pick a fight with a mod. Why don't you calm down, and keep this off the script. Take it to a PM or something. I don't think MA likes spam in his topics for the scripts that he worked so hard on.

Anyway, I just noticed this, and I rather like it. Nice job :)

Rep:
Level 97
Technically, I think grafikal picked a fight with him, not the other way around :P

Anyway, I agree with redyugi; talk about it elsewhere.

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
RMRK Junior
Hello, im incredibly new to scripting but i learn fast. i was very excited to find this script because i can do better movement detail due to extending frame movements. but im having so much trouble understanding how to really install it correctly. i keep running into "syntax errors" and the sort. i know everyone is prolly screaming out newb right now lol and i dont blame you haha. but im just completely lost. if possible, could anyone spare the time to explain how to make this work correctly? like a step by step process? it would mean so much.

RMRK Junior
Hello, im incredibly new to scripting but i learn fast. i was very excited to find this script because i can do better movement detail due to extending frame movements. but im having so much trouble understanding how to really install it correctly. i keep running into "syntax errors" and the sort. i know everyone is prolly screaming out newb right now *snicker* and i dont blame you haha. but im just completely lost. if possible, could anyone spare the time to explain how to make this work correctly? like a step by step process? it would mean so much.
ok this is the actual error """"Script line 60: name error occurred. Undefined method `update_animation' for class `game_character'

Rep:
Level 97
Well, update_animation is a default method of Game_Character, so ...

my best guess is that you're using RMXP. This script is for RMVX and it will not work in XP. Sorry.

If you are using VX, then you must have screwed around with the default scripts or erased Game_Character accidentally.

RMRK Junior
well crap lol, i did however start a new project and try inserting the script but i still received that error, but maybe i did mess something else up.....anyways thanx for replying!

Rep:
Level 97
Hmm, OK. Well where are you putting the script? Because this script has to be put below Materials and above Main. You would get that error if you put it anywhere above the Game_Character slot.

RMRK Junior
ooooooohhhhhhh....now i see what i did, yeah you were totally right! im used to working with XP and the original rpg maker translated by don miguel or something like that. if only i had scrolled down a bit i would have answered my own question! haha  thanx again for the help. and i will make great use of the script

Rep:
Level 73
Prepare for trouble!
This seems nice, though when I installed it to try it out, one of my butterflies (the ones that came with rmvx) turned into a sheep when it went diagonally to the left.  OAO;; 

Rep:
Level 67
Eternal Newbie
Just posting to let you know that this is incompatible with GTBS. When I enter battle, I get an error on line 71.

Script 'Extra Movement Frames' line 71: TypeError occured.

nil can't be coerced into Fixnum

Here is line 71

Code: [Select]
@pattern = (pattern_original + 1) % @char_frames

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK Junior
Can you help me because in my database where i put the troops, the monster are invisible so i must predict monsters location by trying battle test  :'(

and the worst, in battle my monster are look like this

can someone help me? i have already followed using !$%[number of frame]<name> :(