RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Now Karo Rushe's Dump Art Gallery

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Painting? As in Acrylic Paint and/or Water Color? The description of what you do to painting, what do you mean by messy? I find painting to be more tedious, and a simple mess can ruin the whole painting (At least in Acrylic). I haven't touched my brushes for a long while, I guess from not having a mood for it, thou I have fun playing around doing different textures and effects with the paint and anything I can think of, whether it's throwing Alcohol, slapping with a towel or even using my hands as brushes and blenders for it.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Painting? As in Acrylic Paint and/or Water Color? The description of what you do to painting, what do you mean by messy? I find painting to be more tedious, and a simple mess can ruin the whole painting (At least in Acrylic). I haven't touched my brushes for a long while, I guess from not having a mood for it, thou I have fun playing around doing different textures and effects with the paint and anything I can think of, whether it's throwing Alcohol, slapping with a towel or even using my hands as brushes and blenders for it.

I've been working with tube watercolor paints mostly, but I sometimes use acrylics. I intend to pick up some oil paints eventually, too! :-)

Tube watercolors are my favorite to use. They blend much better than acrylics, and also don't go to waste because you can revive them with a little water if they go dry. They are especially good for making those neat effects, too! :gracie: What I meant by messy was mostly the long clean up process and, as you said, the fact that it's so easy to ruin an entire painting. ;9 There are ways to get around that, such as the use of masking tape or masking fluid (which I just picked up today!). With watercolors, it's especially easy to mess up because the colors overlap each other. ;9 You can use water and dabbing to try to lighten them, but it's really hard to completely remove an unwanted watercolor mark. ;___; Acrylics are easier to cover up (since the paints are very thick) and they are great for making the right colors, but terrible for blending.

Aside from painting, I also really like working with pastels, but I can't actually touch any of my pastel pictures because it will all rub off. I have a pastel work that I really want to frame, but I have no idea how to get it covered in something that will prevent them from spreading. o.o

Art is awesome! ;___; It's always neat to see how other people use different mediums! :)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys

I've been working with tube watercolor paints mostly, but I sometimes use acrylics. I intend to pick up some oil paints eventually, too! :-)

Tube watercolors are my favorite to use. They blend much better than acrylics, and also don't go to waste because you can revive them with a little water if they go dry. They are especially good for making those neat effects, too! :gracie: What I meant by messy was mostly the long clean up process and, as you said, the fact that it's so easy to ruin an entire painting. ;9 There are ways to get around that, such as the use of masking tape or masking fluid (which I just picked up today!). With watercolors, it's especially easy to mess up because the colors overlap each other. ;9 You can use water and dabbing to try to lighten them, but it's really hard to completely remove an unwanted watercolor mark. ;___; Acrylics are easier to cover up (since the paints are very thick) and they are great for making the right colors, but terrible for blending.

Aside from painting, I also really like working with pastels, but I can't actually touch any of my pastel pictures because it will all rub off. I have a pastel work that I really want to frame, but I have no idea how to get it covered in something that will prevent them from spreading. o.o

Art is awesome! ;___; It's always neat to see how other people use different mediums! :)
Blending acrylics is trial and error, and keeping notes of the colors one used helps, and in all mediums, lots of experimentation. I've never used watercolors, thou, I know that applying salt to the paint when it's wet and left to dry and removing the salt leaves  some neat 'ice-like' effects.

For Pastels, well, here's a neat trick I was taught so it won't rub off: Spray them with Hair Spray, let it dry, and Voila! No rubbing off!!! It works like a charm.

Regarding Oil Paints; they take a long time to dry, and if your going to use them for mix media, always use the Oil painting for last, as anything applied on it won't work and leave a mess.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Just finished this one recently

Spoiler for:

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
For the last three months ago my Tablet's Pen was lost until last night, I had fun it just this morning at last after cleaning up. Will pick up once again drawing on Digital. I just feel my hands kind of forgotten about it.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Started working digitally again, thou, uncomfortable, and having trouble doing clean lineart:

I feel like my hands have forgotten how to do a straight line.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
But if you're working digitally, you can always clean up your lineart later without having to worry about smudges.

Rep:
Level 44
Storyteller
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
But if you're working digitally, you can always clean up your lineart later without having to worry about smudges.

Agreed! That's why I love doing digital artwork! ^^
And Karo, it looks lovely!  ;D

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Thank you.. I'll agree, I don't have to worry about smudges and weakening paper here,

Got a bit tired of re-drawing, went for coloring inmediatelly . . . I . . . tried to color like it was my color pencils . . . . not liking those results I know I'm doing something wrong. The specially the hair. :oinspector:

Must find those tutorials I used for hair probably.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Did these two Drawings today. Finished about 40 or 50 minutes (?) I think.

Spoiler for Enero de Inocencia:

Means "January of Innocence"
Mutsuki's name is an archaic word for January, specifically the first month of Japan's Lunar Calendar, which is no longer in use.

Mutsuki Kai Nii Done in Prismacolors

Spoiler for Dulce Febrero:

Means "Sweet February"

Kisaragi's name is an archaic word for February.

She gave me quite the trouble sketching her.

Kisaragi Kai-Nii done in Prismacolors.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
This might help you with digital coloring: http://qinni.deviantart.com/art/Omocha-s-Mega-Cell-Shading-Step-by-Step-290613138
Sorry for the late reply, thank you, the tutorial is helpful & I don't feel lost like others I have. Thou, I haven't been able to practice digital art.

-----------------------------------

A lot of things has happened to me; I've fallen from the ceiling at home while helping my father, one of the many dogs died recently, and I had gone this year to the ComiCon in the Capital with a lot of stuff both good & bad happening. But 'nuff about that, I've got some more artwork to showcase. I got told to work on Composition, and get a better sketchbook, I bought some Copic Markers (Starter CIAO Pack of 12 Colors), however I found I would need a new sketchbook, the paper on the current one simply bleeds throu and is simply, troublesome for either marker or color pencils, and I'm struggling with it.

Here's some of the Stuff I've done:

Spoiler for KanColle; February of Teasing:

Spoiler for KanColle; Unryuu Class Katsuragi:

Spoiler for Madoka Magica; Ray of Hope:

Spoiler for KanColle; La sonrisa en la lluvia:

Spoiler for KanColle; She's a lady:

Aside from these, there are more sketches I need to work on thou

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
:)
:>

-------------------

Only ones I've finish;

Spoiler for KanColle:

Spoiler for Touhou; Reimu:

These were done, a while ago, been busy with other stuff, and suddenly, It feels hard to get back to drawing. The moment one looses a habit and switched to an old bad habit, ugh, been up trying to sketch some stuff up, either to practice digital or sketchbook, but I seem distracted or hesitant.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
princess carrying

Spoiler for The rain falls over the Castle:

Next would be doing first commission for someone.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
does she have a bridge on her head?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
does she have a bridge on her head?
Yep, she has a bridge on her head.

Rep:
Level 96
is she some kind of ship themed superhero?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
is she some kind of ship themed superhero?
Yes, but I dunno if she should be called a Superhero . . . .

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Had finished my 1st commission, the person who commissioned loves the piece.

I can't help but notice something strange in the faces of all characters in all of my pieces. Trying to stay in a middle ground in style . . . .

Spoiler for Commisioner s Kongou from KanColle:

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
OC Character from another artist, asked before hand and she was ok with it.

Spoiler for Allegretto for Porter:

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I hadn't touch my materials, and I just recently got a new set of pencil colors, a new sketchbook and Copic markers. Worked on something a bit more "Bold"

Tomorrow goingmto the local ComiCon this year yetbagain to participate in this year's drawing competition yet again with the same resolution. I feel I've gotten better, and improved more, Thou I wish to have drawn more daily, But tomorrow will be a day to draw for!!!!! (I can't sleep from the anticipation, I'll be on my own for the first time since.)

Anyways, the drawing

Spoiler for Kancolle AbuxKita:
Stop teasing me!!!!!
These two have some little history, with bumping into each other, with Kitakami (Braids) bullying Abukuma (Twintails), the piece took inspiration from ermm, a conversation I had with a friend and how I feel like whenever he teases too much. (None the less he liked this and laughs)

sorry I haven't been online often lately, stuff keeps happening, and tomorrow I'll be on my own in a town not familiar with a huge crowd. It's exciting and scary, but it'll be a huge step for me.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Nice! The expressions are cute :-)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Thank you very much Yuyu <3

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Spoiler for rant, bad day:
Yesterday, on the morning, I was excited and motivated. I was nervous as I had been every other time for the competition,but  sadly, it wasn't like that at all.

First of, my father decided to come with me to the Convention instead of leaving me there alone. We were short on cash (US $40 each) tickets cost, $7.00 each ($14.00), which I payed.

That's the thing, We wasted that money, because after three hours of looking and asking, they tell us the competition wasn't saturday, but for sunday Why is it frustrating? their posters, didn't say date for when, nobody in the staff knew anything, dad went as far to ask at security and we got told by the managers about it been tomorrow and not today, 3 hours after swimming throu crowd, and me well, I don't do well in large crowds without having some panic attack. knowing that also sorta fell like i lost motivation, and dad didn't like the whole convention at all, as he simply sees it to just been a place to waste money.

The part that makes me rant is, that i'll be wasting 7.00+11% ivu on another ticket for the competition tomorrow. I'm upset for it. I'm not even sure if I want to compete or not, as i keep thinking how I-well, i don't even know if i'm skilled or not and if it's worth even participating simply to lose to others. i'm down, sorry for the rant.

Had this working around; will finish later after tomorrow

Spoiler for Kazami Yuuka from touhou: