RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
-Event request

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Ok,so...I'm making a game called "The World"

It has 2 different story lines, Past & future...but theres a problem.

If I choose past then your character gets changed into a warrior & class is a warrior...but.

If I choose future your character gets changed into a pilot & class is a pilot...yet the problem is when I change classes the skills get messed up. & when you get changed into warrior you wined up with pilot skills...& when you change into pilot you get pilot skills....

so to resolve this I moved all the classes down one space & left the first one blank this way I can just learn the skills during the game using the "Change Skills" event command. BUT the real request here is someone helping me get a level checker event,I'm going to make a NPC called "Skill Master" & when you reach a certain level you will have to do something to earn that skill.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Make a common event run "Parallel Process" on a switch that will always be on. In it, put an event line that is "Variable[XXX]=Hero's Level" (look for it). Then, put a small wait command of... 2 frames? 1 frame? That'll reduce a bit of lag sometimes.

Also, just reference to that variable you're using to do any events. Such as conditional branches. If Variable[XXX] = 3, then etc. Then it'll do the etc. if you're level 3.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
You mean like so?I'm not really that good with the whole variable thing ;9
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 12:03:48 AM by TheWorld »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
No.... A variable will always equal itself. The variable has to equal 5. Not a variable #5. Plus, you need the common event.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
As a suggestion for your original problem:
You could just make two seperate characters and have an event to select which one you would use depending on whether you choose past or future...this only causes a roblem if you intend them to interact with each other or switch or somethin'...

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
ugh...so confusing...

Wait until you get RGSS errors, then tell us if this is confusing.

You can always use scripts to basically copy characters, $game_actors[X].maxhp = $game_actors[Y].maxhp or something like that for each stat.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Yeah...i think i can wait for rgss errors...i get stressed enough with event errors, but i know i can fix any of them...as fr eventing though, my suggestion should work, unless you want to go with the scripting idea...that's generally easier to just copy a script over making events....

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Another way to do it, make another class that does not learn skills.
Your character will be this class at first.
Make the other two classes learn their first skills at level 2
And at the begining upgrade your character to level 2

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Oooh yeah, that's good.  That should sail pretty well