RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Final Fantasy V-II: Sacred Chains - ON INDEFINITE HIATUS (22/07/2012)

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
THE PROJECT IS ON INDEFINITE HIATUS (See HERE)

"The Sacred Crystals have always been used to conquer evil of the world with Warriors of the Crystals, using both magic the crystals bestow with the warrior's bravery and will, they conquer evil together to banish it into the realm of nothingness. The warriors are not the only guardians that could use the power of the crystals; legend has it that there are four dragons, which were put into eternal slumber due to their berserk nature and power to the destroy the world itself. Legend also says...if the power of the crystals fell into the wrong hands, the dragons could be revived...

...The revival of world destruction."

After the battle with Exdeath, Bartz, Lenna, Faris and Krile went their seperate ways.

As the new ruler of "New" Typhoon and with Faris gone back to her crew as their pirate captian, she stays along in the castle, always remembering the past she once had with her friends. She wants to go find them...but how will she be reunited with her friends?

As Lenna thinks of a way to reunite with her friends, we enter Zeke...

Zeke is a Mage with the power to change the form his magic takes, being it White, Black, Blue or even Arcane magic. Zeke suddenly woke up from being unconscious for an unknown amount of time, due to this, he suffers from memory loss and cannot remember anything except for his name. After waking up, he finds himself awake in a forest, since he suffers from amnesia, this forest is a mystery to him. As Zeke wanders the forest, he finds a man in shining blue and white armor camping in the forest...could it be...?

Name: Bartz Klauser
Element: Wind

After the battle with Exdeath, Bartz decided to go back to his home town of Lix, to finally settle down and live a peaceful life...but it wasn't meant to be. One night, he had a nightmare about the battle against Exdeath and the Void, and the death of his good friend Galuf, the dream got to Bartz and made him wonder "...Could I have stopped Galuf's death...if I was strong enough at that time...?". Even after stopping world destruction with his fellow warriors and friends, he could not shake the feeling of being weak and powerless, all because of this one dream. As he did before the great battle, he went off on a journey to become stronger, this time without his friends...

...Almost two years later travelling across the world, he still has the same dream over and over again, intensifying every night.

Due to the nightmare, his personality has changed, making him almost emotionally dead inside and silent. Even in this new state of mind, he still helps others when they are in need.

(New design coming soon)
Name: Lenna Charlotte Tycoon
Element: Water

Lenna is one of two daughters of the now deceased King Tycoon. After the great battle, she was crowned the Queen of Tycoon due to her sister stripping herself of her title. Lenna still remembers the time she had with her friends two years ago and still thinks about the times she had with them. Lenna still keeps in contact with Krile.

Lenna's personality has stayed the same for the past two years; gentle yet couragous and always helps whenever she can, also showing her love to all of the people of the Tycoon Kingdom.

Name: Sarisa "Faris" Scherwil Tycoon
Element: Fire

The first daughter of King Tycoon and older sister to Lenna, but was lost at sea at a young age. When the battle of Exdeath was over, Faris went back to the Kingdom of Tycoon to live with her younger sister as one of the rulers of the Tycoon Kingdom, after a few months however, she had a change of heart, going back to her pirate ways with her old crew and boat Syldra (named after her deceased pet and friend), because of this, her title was taken away as royalty of Tycoon, which Faris clearly did not care about.

Faris still has her very commanding nature due to being brought up by Pirates, but she does have a softer side to her, which is clearly seen when Lenna and Faris finally realise they are sisters.

Name: Krile Mayer Baldesion
Element: Earth

The Princess of Bal and replacement Warrior of Dawn after the death of her Grandfather; Galuf. Krile joined the other Warriors of Dawn after the sad death of Galuf, who was the current Warrior of Earth. She aided the warriors several times before finally joining them and gaining the powers her grandfather had, which she used to destroy Exdeath with the others.

Krile has since been the ruler of the Kingdom of Bal, but still has not been crowned Queen due to her being "too unruly and irresponsible", even though she is not yet the Queen, Krile has shown strong leadership when coming to ruling the Kingdom. Krile and Lenna have become closer as friends in this time too, helping the Kingdoms grow and prosper together.

Krile still has her bubbly traits, but with time she has also grown stronger, in both body and mind. Krile also still has her natural ability to talk to Moogles and befriend different animals and dragons.

(Mid and Zeke's bios coming soon)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwtFBO_w398" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwtFBO_w398</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPz_S6UohSE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPz_S6UohSE</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFT-uqFZDvU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFT-uqFZDvU</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXwXB_hSV_o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXwXB_hSV_o</a>

More available on the Channel

Spoiler for Mix of Old and Current:

New Menu

The World of FFV-II
(click for full size)

- Original Characters, plus some that were only NPCs!

- Job System, with 8 new jobs!

- New Summon Spells!

- New Character Designs!

- Full MP3 OGG Soundtrack, composed by the amazing artist Arlen!

Original Characters - Square Enix
Resources - Charas Project (Credits of resource sharers coming soon)
Custom Sprites - Tezuka, Shadowdude, Redwyn, JosephSeraph, Nich
Mapping - Shadowdude
Music - Square Enix, Arlen/Ryan Leber
Sounds - Square Enix, findsounds.com, nrsisyourbuddy
Beta Testers - cozziekuns

Alpha Tech Demo
Beta Tech Demo

Code: [Select]
Change log:

28/04/2010

Changes:

- Beta title screen added
- The boss battle dialogue has been re-written
- "Classic" style dialogue boxes are used in battle now
- Stats have been re-balanced
- A choice of two battle themes can be chosen (This release only)

Bug fixes:

- The "mini-menu" is now fixed (The position when highlighting "quit")
- Most grammar issues have been found and changed
- Dialogue for "Boco's Bit" has changed significantly
- Music now in battle (See changes)

Current bugs:

- The glyphs are incorrect due to clash with new RPG_RT (Will be fixed in next release)
- On-Key press code for title screen skip not implemented yet (Will be fixed in next release)
- Black Mage Job still unstable

NOTE: These are only tech demos releases and may contain many unknown bugs.

If you find anymore, please let me know.

The Official Final Fantasy V-II Website

Q. Why make a fangame? Why not be original?
A. For one, I LOVED Final Fantasy V and I see this more of a tribute than a fangame. Secondly, I asked members of RMRK before going forward with this project and as you can see, they wanted me to go forward with it.

Q. How would the Job System work?
A. In RPG Maker 2003, no scripting can be used, so it is all done using events, variables and switches.

Q. Why RPG Maker 2003? RPG Maker XP has way better graphics!
A. EXACTLY. I chose RM2003 because of the graphics. The graphics used in the orginal Final Fantasy V were very similar to RPG Maker 2003's.

Q. What are the new Jobs?
A. The only ones I am going to tell you about are Dark Knight and Paladin, the rest are a secret. =o
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 12:15:57 AM by Tezuka »

Rep:
Level 86
Im R is teh Pwn3g.....me!(>^.^)======0(/#.#)/you
why make A FF game theirs already enough of them...just make your own game..... ^-^

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Why? Because plenty of people wanted Tezuka to make this.

Personally, I can't wait to see how he pulls this off. I'm keeping an eye on this one.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Awesome Tezuka, can't wait to see this finished.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Thanks guys, I think I will be able to update this tommorow.

why make A FF game theirs already enough of them...just make your own game..... ^-^

Zylos really told you why I am doing this, but the other reason is that I enjoy it and I LOVE Final Fantasy V. Hopefully I will be able to tie this and FFV together without messing up the plot. :tpg:

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Added much more screenshots, I hope you like the look of the progress. :tpg:

Anybody willing to help with mapping, storyline or even spriting would be appreciated.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I can probably help a little if you need anything. I assume this is RM2k3?

Out of curiousity, what are the 8 new jobs?

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
That is a surprise! When I am ready I'll add the new Joblist.

But I can tell you that two of them are "Dark Knight" and "Paladin", that is all I am going to tell you. So what would you be able to help me with?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I'm a horrid mapper (as you could tell by looking at my game), but I'm a writer by occupation and am decent at sprites. PM me what you would like and I'll see if I can help you.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Thanks Zylos, I will!

What I will be asking you to do will be what I will be doing also, spriting the characters, so it would not be a huge load.

*Added to Credits, +rep.

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
Very nice  ;8, I don't know why you didn't finish it...

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
If you want i can try and make good maps for you every once in awhile or depending if i get a easy day from home and school, i can make alot hopefully.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Thank you for all of your support, I will be needing help with this soon.

Updated and organized project, enjoy the new video!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 02:40:00 AM by Tezuka »

Rep:
Level 86
It looks great! I hope DEMO will be out soon or beta......

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
That's rm2k3?  Wow...there's still plenty i have to learn then eh?  There's some things you have there that i just dont know how you did...

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Thanks for the positive comments, it is really motivating me to get this done, or at least bring out a demo soon!

Added FAQ and updated Credits.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 08:49:46 PM by Tezuka »

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Celebrate life's grandeur...its magnificence
This looks great, I hope all goes well.

I'm not particularly skilled in any area so I may not be of much use.
Proud creator of Truth Wars:Alleruse War Chronicle

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Bumping just to let you know that new screenshots and alpha demo release out soon.

Sorry to keep you all waiting, but this is quite a large project!

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Take your time on this. I'll look forward to them demo!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
This is looking awesome.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 86
Woah awsome can u send me a demo soon? ;D send on here or msn finalrage32@hotmail.com-msn

Rep:
Level 86
WOWOWOW nice mapping!

I suck so much at mapping,and great idea :)

One of the best rpg maker xp games ever!Try it out!
http://www.quintessence-tbv.com

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
UPDATE:

Sorry about the lack of updates, College Assignments has been eating up quite a lot of my time. I have added some people in the credits that are now helping me with this project.

A full update will be done in a few days.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
HURRY UP D:<
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 85
Hey, don't rush him. He's very busy with college stuff or whatever he has to do.