RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Final Fantasy V-II: Sacred Chains - ON INDEFINITE HIATUS (22/07/2012)

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Here it is!

NOTE: This is only a tech demo release and may contain many unknown bugs.

Known bugs:

• Menu maybe accessible during an event.
  • Job System cursor not implemented yet (replaced by a temporary solution)
  • Zeke's sprite not complete.
  • The "1" being used to open the job system this is because it should not be accessible yet.

If you find anymore, please let me know.

Enjoy :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 11:17:12 PM by Tezuka »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
YES! A DEMO! *downloads immediately*

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
...Taking the demo down again, WAY too many bugs, even some that make the next event impossible. :tpg:

I also want to apologize for the quality of the demo; it is in the it's very early stages and the event you see there took 10 minutes to put together. The demo is only here so you can see how everything works.

EDIT: The demo is re-uploading, be sure to download from the same link again in 30 minutes for the working alpha tech.

EDIT 2: Done
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 10:05:22 PM by Tezuka »

Rep:
Level 83
8-bit games and LEGO.
Hey Tezuka, just letting you know that your game is a Wavemaker over at RMN's SNEWS newsletter:

http://rpgmaker.net/articles/194/

Congrats!

..:: Full game is released.  Download it now! ::..

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Whooo! I'm downloading the demo now!  :lol: So far, I love the Chocobo and Mog action :)

I'll edit this or repost when I'm done! :>
Oh, and when I'm in the Shrine during battles, is music suppose to play? You know, battle music?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 04:46:29 PM by EdgarxTerra »
Winter is Coming

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Oh, and when I'm in the Shrine during battles, is music suppose to play? You know, battle music?

Yes it should, I assume you are having problems with it? I can't seem to find anything wrong with it here, try re-downloading it and see if that fixes the problem.  :)

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Oh, it has the sound affects. Like the sword hitting the baddies, but the theme music isn't playing.  :=:
Its still great, by the way! I adore it!

Oh, and I love how it has the FFV feel. When I saw the pictures, I was praying it would. I'm happy it does ;8
Winter is Coming

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
A few months ago, I suddenly stopped updating the game's information on RMN, RMRK and YouTube. This happened due to college work...and lots of it. I have been studying for my final mark in these past few months, which is why this happened. While I was inactive in the RPG Maker community, tezukake.org went down without a warning from my web or domain host, leaving a few of you confused about what happened to the site and the game's web page.

Before I began my long run of inactivity, I uploaded a very short demo of FFV-II showing some of the sprite work and storyline. As the blog post says below this one, I fumbled and I uploaded one with the party position in the incorrect place. Luckily I was able to catch this before stopping work on the project for a while, unfortunately I didn't check if RMReckor only took out the resources that were not being used, which it didn't and wasn't noticed until only a few weeks ago when I was lurking one night. Even after catching this error, I decided not to upload a demo or fix for this due to the how much time I had at that particular moment.

With the Easter break here, I decided to do a bit of work on the project in the free time I have at during the break. I will not be working on it as fast I was before stopping, but I will definitely be doing something towards it, hopefully being able to release an updated version of the demo available at the moment, a "Special Edition" as you will.

For the people who are still watching this project; thank you and I hope we will have something to give you soon for your patience. =)

Also be on the look out for a new video showing a new feature soon!

Rep:
Level 81
I just played your techdemo today. I'm seriously impressed, it's pretty amazing. Especially how you managed to recreate the maps EXACTLY as how they appeared in FFV (Shocked at the world map) Just one thing. The neo-Exdeath you fight at the shrine was a little too time consuming considering it's just the first boss. Maybe tone down his HP a bit?

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Yeah I know what you mean about that, the stats were pretty unbalanced in that demo. I am surprised someone was actually able to defeat the boss battle. :X

Me and Nich are currently working on the revamped Chemist job. The job was next to useless in the original, so we are doing something a bit..."special" with it at the moment. When that is done, I will release a new demo with more balanced stats.

Oh and just for future reference; put all things to with the game's story/battles in spoilers, just so they don't...well...spoil anything. :tpg:

EDIT:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXwXB_hSV_o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXwXB_hSV_o</a>

Quote from: Video Information
Don't you hate seeing the same screen for RPG Maker games? Well, after experimenting with a hack thanks to Cherry, I have been able to create on with a more "dynamic" feel.

The quality of the pictures used in this video is very low due to it only being a test. In the released version, the pictures will be in a higher quality.

Although this menu is fully working, it currently has problems using custom glyphs. What does this mean? It just means I need to PM Cherry to see if there is a patch for this. The worst case scenario; the nice looking menu gets scrapped.

And yes the image transitions will be skippable on key press. :X
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 06:58:29 PM by Tezuka »

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
SURPRISE

I have done two things I promised myself I wasn't going to do, but with the decline of popularity for the project and only me testing the game out at the moment, I almost have no choice.

The first thing; I need beta testers. When I say beta testers, I mean testers which will look at every knuck and cranny of maps, grammar and menus. At the moment I only need two. The two chosen will be sent closed betas now and then for testing, most likely for an open beta or an actual demo release.

The second thing is that a new beta demo is available to everyone. The release isn't much different from the first one, but it does have a few changes which will change how the game is played.

Code: [Select]
Change log:

28/04/2010

Changes:

- Beta title screen added
- The boss battle dialogue has been re-written
- "Classic" style dialogue boxes are used in battle now
- Stats have been re-balanced
- A choice of two battle themes can be chosen (This release only)

Bug fixes:

- The "mini-menu" is now fixed (The position when highlighting "quit")
- Most grammar issues have been found and changed
- Dialogue for "Boco's Bit" has changed significantly
- Music now in battle (See changes)

Current bugs:

- The glyphs are incorrect due to clash with new RPG_RT (Will be fixed in next release)
- On-Key press code for title screen skip not implemented yet (Will be fixed in next release)
- Black Mage Job still unstable

You can download the new open beta HERE
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 05:11:27 PM by Tezuka »

Rep:
Level 81
Hah, I'm guessing you either used Auto Enter patch or PowerMode 2003 for the title screen. It looks really impressive :)

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Auto Enter.  :)

I still need to contact Cherry about the clash between the AE patch and the glyph patching process. According to the instructions Cherry gave with it, I should be able to patch the glyphs in after applying said patch, but it just ends up crashing.

I guess I'll have to contact him and wait for a reply.  :=:

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
So today I decided that the game's main image needs to be changed. Since it doesn't revolve much around dragons anymore, I thought it should show the most noticable element of the game: Bartz and his past.

After messing around in Photoshop and Bartz's Dissidia portrait, I came up with two similar images. Which one do you guys think looks better?

Or the more classic looking one:

The image used will most likely be a (long) temporary until I do one myself or get/pay someone else to do one for me, but I think a slight change for now will do.

Oh and added new demo link to the front page.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 07:20:59 PM by Tezuka »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I like the second one

Rep:
Level 81
Yeah, the second one.
Spoiler for "My Project":
Project topic:

Project blog:

Spoiler for "I Support":

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
I honestly thought the same. I guess I'll change it now. :)

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
DOUBLE POST.

I decided to go in a totally different direction for the title menu. Instead of something ridiculously fancy, I went with just fancy.

This will be the last small update for the next few weeks. I am very close to graduation and I plan on doing a lot to this project in the three months I have before starting my freshman University year. So expect to see a lot of big updates after these couple of weeks. :)

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
I like the title screen. It reminds me of the old Final Fantasy V, which I think is what you were trying to do.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Agreed.

I just played the demo and it felt just like an NES game- minus the square controller. Well done, sir!
:tinysmile:

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
To Everyone who wants to become a Closed Beta Tester:

If you want to become one, please send me a PM so I can personally give you the details on what you will need to do with the closed builds I will give you.

I am only accepting 3 people at the moment, please bear this in mind.

EDIT: 2 Spaces left.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 07:36:14 PM by Tezuka »

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
Let's Player
It looks good, you must've put alot of time into this. I'll beta test if you want, I might even Let's Play it later on as well.

Rep:
Level 82
Trunks: The new Legendary Super Saiyan!
I'll beta test for FFV-II also. Plus I'm trying to work on a Final Fantasy I alternative called Final Fantasy Alternate. But I'm a damned to hell newbie with RPG Maker. So if you or any of your developers can help me out with my game Tezuka, I'd greatly accept the help. I could use a mentor for how to use RPG Maker.
I'm THE Ultimate Super Saiyan!

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
Rm2k Advanced
I'm very eager to see where this goes since you've been at it for such a long time. I did a quick write-up about it on my blog I hope that's alright with you. It's not much more than what you've stated here, I copied the storyline and just mentioned some of the new elements you're bringing to it with a link to Zukain Games. http://hawkeyegames.blogspot.com/2010/11/featured-project-and-update.html
http://hawkeyegames.blogspot.com/
My new Rpg Making blog; a new life to the old Hawk Games from 2006

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 60 days.

:tpg:

Anyhoo...

I couldn't get to sleep tonight (It's 4AM here), so I did a little work on the project before my University term finishes.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkuxnadxb4o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkuxnadxb4o</a>

Quote from: Video Description
Hey guys, I guess an update is way overdue. This is just a small update, showing the ability system more than anything. Included in this video is the taste of the tracks seamlessly looped and the skipable title screen.

The ability system will work just like the one in V, but with a few tweaks, including being able to equip 3 abilities at the same time, depending on the class. Although this could be done in V, it could only be done with the Mime class by replacing the Fight command.

The Job System has also been improved; instead of a bad smooth moving cursor, it has been replaced with a classic moving system, just a small aesthetic bonus. ;)

I would talk about the project more, but I am quite tired. :X

Expect some sort of update during the weekend. :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 04:22:48 AM by Tezuka »