RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Final Fantasy V-II: Sacred Chains - ON INDEFINITE HIATUS (22/07/2012)

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Everfrost.
Wow, You have done some great work!
Job system looks fantastic!
It really looks like the FF V, Good job.   :)
I take my sword and shield, we start to run the field,
Black ravens on the sky, waiting for someone to die,
I strike with all i have, this is our final chance,
Soon Odin will take us all, to the golden halls...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Not dead yet!

Yeah, I haven't updated my game in a while due to a lot of college work and not a lot of free time, but next week I have a week or so off, which will give me a lot more time for FFV-II. :)

Updates:

I had a try at making a better title image for the game, I haven't quite finished it, but here it is so far:

Criticism welcome, since I know it isn't perfect.

I have also made a few updates to the Job System, it may not be much, but I have already implemented the AP system which will come soon. Here is a short video on a few of the updates:

I also did quite the script re-write; I decided most of the script I wrote was bad and needed changing badly, so in turn, I had to change a lot of the game as well, including the opening, which you can see here:

Hopefully more updates next week.  :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 10:45:42 PM by Tezuka »

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Double post. :tpg:

Finished new title screen:

Criticism is highly appreciated.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Taken straight from the blog:

Quote from: FFV-II Blog
I will also be adding an alpha download of the game soon with about 10 minutes of gameplay, since I do need some help ironing out some bugs with the job system (lag on lower spec systems for some odd reason plus other bugs), so look for it in the downloads sections soon.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Even though I haven't posted here for over 60 days (thanks for the reminder :V), me and the team have been working real hard on this project.

Things that have happened since my last post:

• Total Job System re-write
  • New spritework
  • Re-write of scripts
  • *Job System lag bug has been fixed*
  • Team expanded
  • Website and forum opened

New screenshots and story up in the first post.

Rep:
Level 83
Quite nice. Can't wait to try it.  :)
It's not me is it? No, it's not. Then why is there only ONE chili dog when I ordered 2?
-----------------------------------
Current Projects:
Tales of a Hedgehog: Corrupt Light

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Game name changed due to how stupidly cliché it sounded. I will have to re-create the title screen to show this as well. Hopefully this will also stop people from being scared to post in the topic.  :tpg:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Hah, that's a good decision I think. Holk would approve.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
I also took Falcon's advice and made the topic look a bit better, sadly I miscalculated the size of the banners, but my monitor's resolution is quite low (1280 x 720), so hopefully it looks better to nearly everyone else. :)

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
This looks very good...i cant wait for it...ive played all of the FF games...I love all FF remakes with RPG maker...Its very good!

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
The colors on the custom sprites sort of jump at you ;9 the contrast is off a bit.

Oh but by the looks of the videos and story this sounds like it'll be a nice fangame. 5 is one of my favorites >w<
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
The colors on the custom sprites sort of jump at you ;9 the contrast is off a bit.

Whoops, I forgot to replace the screenshot with a more recent one, I'll do that now.

Also:

Quote from: Final Fantasy V-II Official Forum
A special release of FFV-II is coming soon for RMN's Release Something! June 20th event.

There are two things I can do, and I think one would be much more enjoyable than the other, but you'll have to wait and see what they are.

The team for the project have been away for quite a while now, which means I can release something on the day of the event, but it maybe limited due to half of the team going AWOL.

Music at the moment is still questionable, as the person which maybe able to compose some of the music is busy with his own projects, which I can fully respect and I don't expect him to stop or slow down what he is doing for something else.

Check back soon for more info.

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
So is this a continuance of FFV or a alternative version? Or just the same game remade?

Is there any spoilers?
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
So is this a continuance of FFV or a alternative version? Or just the same game remade?

Is there any spoilers?

It is an un-official sequel, so there are quite a few spoilers to the original.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Hey, this project has been nominated as a candidate for Project of the Month for June. Please vote here: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33296.0.html

Best of luck;I think this shows a lot of promise Tez.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Haha, thanks Modern. I wasn't expecting this to even be nominated.  :D

Character bios will be added in the next hour, I have to wait for the artist to give me the portraits. If he doesn't arrive, I'll just add them anyway.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Bartz, Faris and Lenna's bios added. Title screen changed and one new screenshot showing the glyphs has been added.

EDIT: Krile's bio has been added.

EDIT 2: Could this topic be sent to Projects? It isn't what you would call "new" now. :tpg:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 10:21:26 PM by Tezuka »

pokeball NPCOfflineMale
Rep:
Level 84
Asking you to rescue princesses since '05
You made me start FF5 again to get ready to play your game.
Why do 1 lined nameless NPCs never get taken seriously?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I'm really looking forward to seeing this in action, Tezuka. :3

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Meh, I hardly know about FF and the only game I played is FF3/6.

But nevertheless, this looks good.
Hi

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!

Wow, this game looks awesome. FFV is one of my fav games ever,and the job system was cool as well.
I also noticed Mid? Is he the same Mid? I hope so :}

Great job!
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 87
Hey guys, Redwyn here with a video showing the completed sprite for Bartz's Paladin class.

Hopefully it is decent, and I hope you enjoy.

Also, I forgot to set Bartz to step forward when he attacks with his weapon so that's why the attacking is kinda instant D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr6X_suZcCk - in case the thing above does not work
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 05:41:19 PM by Redwyn »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Cool dude. It looks good. Good to hear some production is still chuggin along.

Rep:
Level 97
The sprite looks great. Good work Redwyn.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep