RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ømbrå: Final Peace

Poll

Is this actually worth pursuing?

Yes, definitely!
Yeh, it's alright.
Naw, it ain't got that jazz.
No, it sucks.
Whatever.

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
Well, this is like my 4th announced game. I've dropped the others. Got writer's block with them.
But now there's this.
I took the liberty of finishing everything outside of RMXP so I wouldn't get writer's block again, and whether or not I can actually finish or produce this will be my judge on whether I should make games or just help people.

I just beat Assassin's Creed, and  I had a moment of imagination and came up with this game. It pulls from old conspiracy theories, Assassin's Creed, Harry Potter and so much other stuff.
You play as Coral, a young girl just beginning studies at Academia Magikos Gnosi. There she learns to hone her skills and discovers the strain between the Docile-born world and hers. This shit will confuse you really bad.

Rated M for strong language, native nudity and adult content

Story:
Spoiler for:
"Why do you fear death?
      -Because I don't beleive..."
      Academia Magikos Gnosi, the school built for the purpose of educating the magically sensitive. It's tall walls long have kept in it's secrets, but as a danger arises in the world around it, it must open in order to protect the magical way of life. A new wave of cultists threaten the god that binds magical kind and protects them. Coral, a Docile-raised girl, must now complete her schooling while balancing the dangers of religious crusade.

Characters:
Spoiler for:
Coral Hall
      {
         Age- 17
         Height- 5'7''
         Weight- 121lbs
         Bio
         {
            Coral's father found her when praying to Ømbrå. She was raised Docile-born and was kept hidden from the outside world because of her abilities. She was sent away to Academia Magikos Gnosi, the academy of magical knowledge in Cardiff, Wales. She is friendly and tends to act before she thinks.
         }
         Natural Abilities- Charm, Elude
      }
      Andre Leiferson
      {
         Age- 18
         Height- 6'0''
         Weight- 173lbs
         Bio
         {
            A big man on campus, he is pushy and is a progressive thinker. He has a thing for Coral that displeases Isabella. He's scrawny appearance is deceiving.
         }
         Natural Abilities- Frenzy, Shrug Off
      }
      Isabella Twist
      {
         Age- 18
         Height- 5'8''
         Weight- 132lbs
         Bio
         {
            Isabella is a plain-looking girl who spends most of her time working and studying. She is childhood friends with Andre, and is self-centered most of the time.
         }
         Natural Abilities- Encourage, Hide
      }
      10-3Æ
      {
         Age- Isssued 13.0.0.0.0
         Height- 6'5''
         Weight- 890lbs
         Bio
         {
            Sent to Coral as a gift from her step-parents, this robot is incredibly intelligent. It cannot use and magic though, and this causes problems at the school.
         }
         Natural Abilities- Lock On, Shut Down

Lesser Characters:
Spoiler for:
Ømbrå- God
         Afon- Goddess
         Æstaroth- God
         Allah- God
         Al-Malak- God
         Alan Bovice- Headmaster
         Daniel Orpheus- Dean
         Christopher Slythermann- Jealous Dick
         Daemon Kæl- Presbyter

-Only Natural Skills will cost SP.
-Database of 120+ Spells, Curses, and Charms
-Elaborate Wand Crafting System
-Armed Hand and Open Hand Combat
-Companion books for extra spells
-Huge Soundtrack 100+ tracks

As of right now this game will not be using any scripts.

Screenshots: I haven't begun on the project yet.

See above for demo.

Please vote and let me know what you think. Any comments feel free to post them.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 09:22:14 PM by Algid »
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
Is anyone going to comment on it?  :-[
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
 :'( Two votes no. Any MOD, feel free to trash this topic.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
You've still not given a lot to go on for a fair vote.  The story is a bit light still, although i realise it's hard to give people a good idea of what you're thinking if you haven't started it yet.  Get paper+pen and start working up a mindmp or something.  Get a better idea yourself and then update this.  You should get more response if theres more to respond to, although for what it's worth, the story sounds interesting, but possibly a bit too reminiscent of Potter..unless you've just....not written a full account of what yo're thinkin' so far....

I'M SUPERMAN!
Rep:
Level 88
HURR DE DURRR
Give me a day or too and I'll recycle everything into a story
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF