RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
CMS help.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I don't know why, but after leaving the Save and status menu, the CMS does this weird thing were it goes to an empty slot.

Attached.

What I have so far.

Main

Menu

Item

New status screen. ^_^
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 10:46:44 AM by Fred the Beard »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
If I were to hazard a guess, I would say that the index that you assign when you are calling the menu from those scenes does not correspond to the correct option.

EDIT:

Yup, that's it: Look at line 52 in Scene_BoeStatus:

Code: [Select]
      $scene = Scene_Boe.new(3)

The number there ought to be 0 I should think. For the save menu, I suspect it is the same problem but it ought to be 1. The lines are at 33 and 50 in Scene_Save. Are you writing this script yourself? It's a nice design.

If I might make a suggestion though, given the similarity between Scene_Boe and Scene_BoeMenu, I would merge the two and just make two command windows, one for the menu and one for the pre-menu. Then you could switch between them easily by activating one and deactivating the other.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 11:56:23 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
If I were to hazard a guess, I would say that the index that you assign when you are calling the menu from those scenes does not correspond to the correct option.

EDIT:

Yup, that's it: Look at line 52 in Scene_BoeStatus:

$scene = Scene_Boe.new(3)

The number there ought to be 0 I should think. For the save menu, I suspect it is the same problem but it ought to be 1. The lines are at 33 and 50 in Scene_Save.

I didn't know what that number meant, thanks. ^_^

Are you writing this script yourself? It's a nice design.

I'm not really "writing" it. I'm taking bits from the RTP scripts. (not from anywhere else.)
I noticed, that I got what most of what the script meant, so here I am now, trying to make a CMS.

If I might make a suggestion though, given the similarity between Scene_Boe and Scene_BoeMenu, I would merge the two and just make two command windows, one for the menu and one for the pre-menu. Then you could switch between them easily by activating one and deactivating the other.

;_;  I have no clue how to do that. I can't think of a place in the RTP that I could go and look how it's done.

PS. Thank you, and in my restless dreams, I see that town. Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again someday. But you never did. Well I'm alone there now... In our 'special place'... Waiting for you...
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Alright,  ;D. If you ever have trouble knowing what an argument is for, take a look at the method being called. In your case, it is the initialize method of Scene_BoeMenu:

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Object Initialization
  #     menu_index : command cursor's initial position
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def initialize(menu_index = 0)
    @menu_index = menu_index
  end

It helps to have the official version for the translation of the comments, but as you see, that tells you exactly what the argument you pass is (just in case you didn't know, when you call another method and you pass something on to it, then that thing that you pass on is an argument. For instance, in the line, @command_window = Window_Command.new (x, y), x and y are the arguments)

Anyway, if you want a tip on doing it the way I suggested, take a look at the similarities between the scripts you have. Particularly, notice:

# main
    s1 = "Item"
    s2 = "Status"
    s3 = "Equip"
    @command_window = Window_Command.new(160, [s1, s2, s3])
and
    s1 = "Menu"
    s2 = "Save"
    @command_window = Window_Command.new(160, [s1, s2])

I think you know what both are, and so what we want are two command windows in the same scene, so we can just rename them and have them in one script:

# main
    s1 = "Menu"
    s2 = "Save"
    @command_window = Window_Command.new(160, [s1, s2])
    @command_window.index = @menu_index
    @command_window.x = 340
    @command_window.y = 300
    s1 = "Item"
    s2 = "Status"
    s3 = "Equip"
    @command_window2 = Window_Command.new(160, [s1, s2, s3])
    @command_window2.index = @menu_index
    @command_window2.x = 340
    @command_window2.y = 300
    @command_window2.visible = false
    @command_window2.active = false

You'll see that I added the two last lines there. Basically, by visible = false I am making the window invisible, since we are working with the other command window first. by active = false I am making sure that we can act on the first one without the second one responding

Now, let's take a look at our update method:

def update
    # ????????
    @command_window.update
    @spriteset.update
    # ??????????????????: update_command ???
    if @command_window.active
      update_command
      return
    end
    # ???????????????????: update_status ???
    if @status_window.active
      update_status
      return
    end
  end

Specifically, notice this:

if @command_window.active
      update_command
      return
    end

So, when you think about it, all you really need to add in is:

if @command_window2.active
      update_command_2
      return
    end

and you have to pull in the update_command method from Scene_BoeMenu and rename it to update_command_2.

Just to mention this, much of your update command methods are unnecessary: 2 - 5 can never run because you have removed them as options. Anyway, all you need to do now is change it so that instead of everywhere that you would normally switch between scenes using these codes:

$scene = Scene_Boe.new

$scene = Scene_BoeMenu.new

you can do it by these codes:

# Disable Menu window
@command_window2.active = false
@command_window2.visible = false
# Enable Pre Menu window
@command_window.index = 0
@command_window.active = true
@command_window.visible = true

# Disable Pre Menu window
@command_window.active = false
@command_window.visible = false
# Enable Menu window
@command_window2.index = 0
@command_window2.active = true
@command_window2.visible = true

I might have forgotten something, but that is roughly the idea.

Rep:
Level 96
I hit a wall. ~_~
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 96
OMG, double post of death. It's almost done. =D
All I need to do is fix the status thing, and It's finished. ^_^
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
Cool, well good luck with it. I take it you fixed whatever the problem was from the post above? Or should I take a look anyway?

Rep:
Level 96
Cool, well good luck with it. I take it you fixed whatever the problem was from the post above? Or should I take a look anyway?

It would make me happy if you did.  :D

E: I was thinkings. Is there a way to show icons next to the menu options?

Menu (icon) -> Items (icon)
                                Save (icon)      status (icon)
                                                        equip (icon)

E2:

Main

Menu

Item

New status screen. ^_^

Equip
It's still default.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 10:46:57 AM by Fred the Beard »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
yeah, you can, look for constance's menu or the old shitty Default Menu edit I made, both use icons.