RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Item steal event system!

Rep:
Level 86
To err is human, to ARRRRR is pirate. ???
Item steal event system
By Gando

v1.2 (03-01-2008)

Ok, so what i have done is a event system that allows you to have a character that can steal items from monsters.
I know that there are already a script version of this (probably a better version o.O) but i thought that i would do an alternative version for those who doesnt want to or can't use those scripts.

How to do this:

Start of by opening the Database and Common events. (see picture below)

First create a variable (steal) with a random number between 1-100, than make a contodional branch that states that if variable steal is equal to 50 or higher (50-100) you will steal an item, else if variable steal is 49 or lower(1-49) you does not steal. Then create a new variable, call it whatever you want, like, "wich item to steal" with a random number, depending on how many items that will be available to steal. (if there is 2 items available, make a random number betwen 1-2)

Make a new conditional branch, that states that if variable "wich item to steal" is equal to 1 than you get a potion and a text is shown saying "You stole a Potion!"
make another conditional branch under that states that if variable "wich item to steal" is equal to 2 than you get a High potion and a text is shown saying " You stole a High potion!"...

you can keep doing this how many times you want, depending on how many items you want to have available to steal. (remember to change the random number in "wich item to steal" if you want more items!)

When you have done everything in Common events, go to Skills and create a new skill called Steal. write a description, set scope to One enemy and occasion to Only in battle. Change the user and target animation as you please. When you have done all that, change the common event to the event that you created earlier. (see picture below)

You should also change power to at least 1, or else everytime you use the skill, it will say that you miss, even though you don't.

And now it's done!

Here is a demo for those of you who want to try it out^^

Demo : http://www.box.net/shared/jsg9hh8dco

Increase % chance to steal

If you would want to increase the chance of successfully steling an item, based on if you have a special armor/weapon equipped, this is how you do it.
Go to Database armor/weapon (depending on what item you want to change the %) and create a new accessory. I have choosen to create a glove called Thief's glove, wich increases the chance of stealing an item with 20%. Make the item like the picture below.

Then go to Database/Common events/steal (see picture below)

and create a conditional branch saying that if character "theif" (the guy that can steal items) has Theif's glove equipped. Then create another conditional brach inside that conditional branch saying that if variable steal is equal to 40 or above you will successfully steal an item (see picture on how to set it up) and then in the else section of the first conditional branch (if theif has theif's glove equipped) you create another conditional branch saying that if variable steal is equal to 50 or above you will successfully steal an item. (see picture below on how to set it up)

And that is how you do if you want to increase the chance of successfully stealing an item. :D

Demo v1.1 (01.01.2008) : http://www.box.net/shared/895bcc7wgo

Decrease % chance to steal an item depending on if special state is inflicted

If you would like to decrease the % chance to successfully steal an item if a special state is inflicted (like the state "clumsy"). then do like this:
Create a variable called steal, and make it random between 1-100, (just like before) and then create a conditional branch saying that if "thief" is inflicted with clumsy. Then make another conditional branch inside that conditional branch saying that if variable steal is equal to 75 or higher you successfully steals an item, else you don't steal an item. (see picture below on how to set it up).

When you have done that, in the Else section of "Conditional branch [Thief] is [Clumsy] inflicted" (first conditional branch) insert the same things that's in the section on how to "Increase % chance to steal" ( where i descibes how to create Thief's Glove and how to increase the % chance to steal an item if it's equipped.)

See pictures below:

Then just go to Database/Skills/Steal and change the common event to the same common event that you've just created.
And now it's done! :D

Features and Changelog
Spoiler for Features and Changelog:
v1.0: fully functional steal system.
v1.1: fixed the small bug, added a feature where you can increase the % chance of stealing an item when you have something equipped (thief's glove?)
v1.2: Added a way to decrease your % chance to successfully steal an item depending on if you are infilcted with a special state.

Full version: Fully functional steal system. You can increase your % chance to steal an item with a weapon/armor equipped. If a certain state is inflicted your % chance of stealing an item decreases.

Next version
Spoiler for Next version:
Don't know o.O  suggestions please! :D

Screenshots
Spoiler for Screenshots:
When you successfully steals an item, a messege pops up telling you what you stole:

After you have stolen the item, you can use it directly from your inventory:

If you do not succed to steal an item, a messege pops up telling you "You didn't steal anything":

Demo v1.2 (03.01.2008) : http://www.box.net/shared/rlcca6i8ss

Spoiler for Older versions:
<a href="http://www.box.net/shared/jsg9hh8dco">Demo v1.0</a>
<a href="http://www.box.net/shared/895bcc7wgo">Demo v1.1</a>
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:18:35 PM by modern algebra »
Spoiler for Event systems i've created:

Spoiler for Signature:
"To err is human, to ARRRRR is pirate." ♫♪火

Spoiler for Don't look here!!:

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
Nice! This is pretty good!
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Rep:
Level 87
nice.

suggestion: instead of having all the code repeated for glove equipped and glove not equipped, you could simply use a new variable "steal limit" as follows:
If glove equipped
  steal limit = 40
else
  steal limit = 50
end

and set your condition to
if steal >= steal limit
  do the stealing stuff
else
  you didn't steal anything
end

That way, if you want to add a new item or two, you've only got to do it in one place.
Always remember you're unique.
Just like everybody else.

Rep:
Level 86
Nice! This is pretty good!

Thanks!
I thought this would be a good alternative for people who doesn't want to or can't use scripts^^

nice.

suggestion: instead of having all the code repeated for glove equipped and glove not equipped, you could simply use a new variable "steal limit" as follows:
If glove equipped
  steal limit = 40
else
  steal limit = 50
end

and set your condition to
if steal >= steal limit
  do the stealing stuff
else
  you didn't steal anything
end

That way, if you want to add a new item or two, you've only got to do it in one place.

Okaaay, thanks for the suggestion, i think i'll change it to your way, sounds much easier^^:D

Spoiler for Signature:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Looks pretty good. Nice job on this tutorial. I will let it get some traffic before moving it to the database.

Rep:
Level 86
Looks pretty good. Nice job on this tutorial. I will let it get some traffic before moving it to the database.

Thank you, i thought this would be a good alternative for those who doesn't want to use scripts ^^:D

Spoiler for Signature:

Rep:
Level 86
Updated to version 1.2!
Changelog: Added a feature that makes it posible to decrease the % chance of successfully stealing an item if a certain state is inflicted.

Spoiler for Signature:

Rep:
Level 86
Try out this script! You can choose what to steal but lesser rate of stealling when you get a better item and you also can miss in the start! File attached instead...

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

Thank you, i thought this would be a good alternative for those who doesn't want to use scripts ^^:D