RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Shadows of the Forgotten

Rep:
Level 86
Shadows of the Forgotten

Story
"Five years ago, in the midst of battle, General Tyeg was betrayed by his own soldiers under his command."  This was a popular story told by Maraux to the kids of the small village of Warlyth, when the war was over.  However, this story always enraged General Tyeg's daughter, Annabel.  Armed with anger and thoughts of revenge, she decides she wants to set out for the man who killed her father, Nyral.

You play as Reiner, General Tyeg's son.  One who would rather stay at home and put the past behind him.  However, with Annabel's wanting to leave, you must set out with her and help her find truth and peace, so that she too can finally put the past behind her.

Characters

General Tyeg
  A general in the King's army.  He was believed to have died at the hands of his own soldiers.

Reiner
  A easy-going young man, and older brother to Annabel.

Annabel
  A young lady bent on revenging the death of her father, who died at the hands of Nyral.

Maraux
  An old friend of General Tyeg.  He practically raised Reiner and Annabel.

Features
  • Keep tabs on your current party with a graphic HUD.
  • Although you level, it won't raise your stats.  You must create stat enhancing items.  Just bear in mind your level determines the maximum.
  • The Real Time Active Battle System (by Cogwheel) will keep you on your toes as you battle fierce enemies.
  • A weapon system where the weapon itself will level.  The higher the level, the more customizable the weapon is with the use of 'Tags'.
  • Hidden tag keywords will enhance your weapons even more.
  • Learn skills with a new Chart System.  Customize the skills each character learns using Chart Points gained by leveling.

Screenshots
Spoiler for screenshots:

Demo
The demo is attatched.

Other Notes
The font Monotype Corsiva is recommended, but not required. It is also attatched.

Credits
This is everyone who helped.
Scripts:
AMS by Dubealex
Shadows by Rataime
RTAB by Cogwheel
Multi-slot by Guillaume777
Change tileset by Ryethe
Minimap by Blizzard

Graphics:
Wyzrd

Story consultant:
DragonHuntr3ss
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 08:29:20 PM by Leon_Westbrooke »

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I like the story and everything. I'm definitly giving this a go.

<Edit>
Spoiler for:
There is a bug.
The potions don't work.

I got killed in the cave with Annabell as my last party member i used a potion and then it said "Hp 10" then a bat killed me. But the weird thing is instead of a game over Annabell was still there except she had no hp and she was not getting a chance to attack or perform a action. The bar was frozen and gone.

But besides that i had plenty of fun while playing this.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 03:39:06 AM by Ruzu »
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 86
I like the story and everything. I'm definitly giving this a go.

<Edit>
Spoiler for:
There is a bug.
The potions don't work.

I got killed in the cave with Annabell as my last party member i used a potion and then it said "Hp 10" then a bat killed me. But the weird thing is instead of a game over Annabell was still there except she had no hp and she was not getting a chance to attack or perform a action. The bar was frozen and gone.

But besides that i had plenty of fun while playing this.

A really nice find in the bugs. And also odd, because it has to do with the RTAB freezing up for some reason or other.  Hmm... This will be a stumper.  Funny how the harder-to-solve bugs show up after I post the damned thing.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
lol the bugs are funny like that :P, I'm gonna play again and see if the bug jumps at me again.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

Rep:
Level 86
All right. If you find any, let me know. Also, please let me know what you think of the game overall.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Alright i finshed the demo.
I'd give it a 9/10, My reasons are in the spoiler.
This is just me, though the game is still fun.

Spoiler for:
Reasons for 9/10:

The forest could use more flowers.
The spells are pretty much overed powered.
Ice is way weaker then fire.
But then again they are useful when a horde of monsters jump us.

Things i really enjoyed:
The battle system.
The chart system.
The fusion system.
The talking.
The beginning.
The cave, and the forest.
The overall story.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Those scripts look great! And the story seems pretty good too! I will have to try this project out soon.

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Looks neat, when I have a bit more time I gotta try it to!
The boys are going out for hookers and ice cream. Is that something you would be interested in?

Rep:
Level 86
Thank's for being so straight-forward with your reasons of why liked it, and your recommendations. It will help greatly. 

As for the spells, I greatly appreciate your thuroughness of exploring this game.  The spells are evenly balanced, but they are overpowered.  The reason you are getting an off-reading could be the fact you used them against Scorpions, or 2 separate monsters with different elemental weaknesses.  Balancing the battles is one of my weaker points.  Also, I think it needs a little more instruction about how when you level, you must make stat enhancing items rather than automatically gaining stats.  But, thanks for playing!  This is the shot in the arm I needed.

Alright i finshed the demo.
I'd give it a 9/10, My reasons are in the spoiler.
This is just me, though the game is still fun.

Spoiler for:
Reasons for 9/10:

The forest could use more flowers.
The spells are pretty much overed powered.
Ice is way weaker then fire.
But then again they are useful when a horde of monsters jump us.

Things i really enjoyed:
The battle system.
The chart system.
The fusion system.
The talking.
The beginning.
The cave, and the forest.
The overall story.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 07:13:31 PM by Leon_Westbrooke »

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Alright i see. It could've just been me anyway, i usually only used the spells when i was desperate.

Also about the stat enhancing items, would it be a example of the Chestnut and the Slime goo at the beginning of the game? Either way, i have to say its pretty cool and would make the game a bit difficult which is good.

Still, good luck.

Rep:
Level 86
Yeah, the nut and the slime goo in the beginning are for making a stat enhancing item (HP + 7).  That is to show how you raise stats.  After that, it goes upward to even if you use cheese (which you must find), you can add to 3 stats at once.

Rep:
Level 86
Quick Update:

Life has gotten in the way a little, but this project, contrary to it's title, has not been forgotten.  I am working on it, it is just taking more time to do a town than anticipated.  I hope to have the next demo up by Feb. 20th.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Sounds good. Good luck with it.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Is the new demo ready yet?

Rep:
Level 86
Not quite, unfortunately.  Recently, I ran into some back-lashes with the educational system and have been trying to get that taken care of.  However, this project isn't dead, and I have been working on it in any and all spare time I do find.

New updates will include:
  • Cheat System
  • Game Completion will be activated
  • Minimap
  • Minor storyline changes

Hopefully, I can add more to the story than 10 minutes before posting the next demo.  As it stands, there is about 40 minutes of gameplay; however, the quality is much higher now.

Rep:
Level 86
A new demo has been released, as well as a couple new screenshots.

Rep:
Level 87
Sickness mate.
The item fusion system is the best thing in it, it gives you unlimited possibilities =3
As for recommendations, I'd say change teh battlers in the CBS, that would be about it..
Vary kewl

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
I played this game through a few times, it's pretty damned good I'd say.
It has a very diverse fuse system that allows a gagillion combination and this chart system makes your character completely customizable. Has good reply value I've already played through it 3 times, I just wish it was a little longer so I could've had more of a chance to level the pirate dude.

Also has a pimpin' ass mini-map. I like it. Reminds me of FFX for some reason.
It's a must play.