RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Healer

Rep:
Level 87
Project of the Month winner for January 2008Project of the Month winner for July 2007

Author's Note:

I've finally started working on this project again. For those of you who don't know me, this is my main project. The first project that I posted here was The Search for Thomas. I am happy to announce that I have a cohesive demo out now with about a half an hour of gameplay. I got a little lazy with two of the shops so they're just empty rooms right now but the characters in those rooms serve their purpose so that you can advance in the game. Well, I hope you enjoy the little demo and I'm hoping to keep things moving with this project.

NEW DEMO
This demo includes a save file for those of you who have played the first one. To use the save file, copy/paste it from the save folder into the main project folder. Please note that none of the npcs from the temple scene have dialogue yet.

Spoiler for Credits:
Alexia - writing, eventing, recoloring, mapping

Graphics

badmonur(title)
Hydrolic(editing char)
Green Raven(editing char)
Ccoa(recolor/tileset add-ons)
Rye(tileset add-ons)
Mea(animations)
Joy(object charset)
Tana(charset/tileset)
Strawberry Quartz(charset/animations)
lunarea(char pose)
gamerage(autotile)

Scripts
sandgolem
DerVVulfman
Yeyinde
Linkin_T
Caldaron
Blizzard
Sephiroth Spawn
Raziel
Paradog
Parasite

Music/Sounds
Hiroshi Watanabe aka Blue Piano Man
5th Ave
Hannya
Partners in Rhyme
A1 Radio Sounds
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 06:37:05 AM by modern algebra »

Thanks, Lunarea!

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
Your games always look so awsome :D

I loved all is not lost btw, unfortunatly, I never tried search for tomas yet. I've tried the healer when you first had an demo out, and it's so nice to see you working on it again. You have my support, and I'll give you feed back on the demo as soon as I wake up XD

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
This looks excellent alexia. I am quite impressed. I am going to download the demo and I will give you my impression once I finish it. Also, thanks for PMing me, it saves me some time :)

Rep:
Level 87
Project of the Month winner for January 2008Project of the Month winner for July 2007
Thanks for taking the time to look at this thread and I hope you both enjoy the demo.

@monkeydlu: There's not a lot of new content but all the events are tied together now for a more immersive experience. There are a total of two quests, two puzzles, one dungeon and one boss.

Thanks, Lunarea!

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I haven't gotten through the whole demo, mainly because i'm stuck on the boss ^^, i guess i better go and kill it now :P
But so far what i can tell this is one of the best ones out there.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
I played for about half an hour, I really like the story telling. I'm enjoying this very much. I'll tell you when I've finished the whole thing :D

Rep:
Level 87
Thanks for the update. ;D I hope you enjoy the rest of it.

@ Ruzu: You're almost at the end of the demo. I'm still balancing battles and whatnot and I also have to give Cece some skills. That should help with the boss battle in the next installment.

Thanks, Lunarea!

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Nice topic. ;D
This game seems very nice, so I'll try to play it ASAP.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
That was great! I enjoyed it thoroughly.

I spent a little too much time on the nectar, as I kind of overcomplicated things, but all in all I really liked it, especially the dialogue and the characters. The spider boss was not too hard as he is, though that one skill is pretty powerful. But, with the abundance of healing items in the game, I think that it was a pretty balanced fight. Anyway, I liked it a lot and I am looking forward to the next demo.

Oh, and there was an error in the mining area that allowed you to run over one of the cliffs and run around in a pretty barren looking place. I can screenshot it if you need me to. It was near the entrance, and it was on a lower right corner of one of the cliffs.

Rep:
Level 87
Mediafire won't let me download the file(always page not found), could someone upload a mirror?

Rep:
Level 87
@ modern algebra: I'm glad that you enjoyed the demo.  Thanks for pointing out the mapping area in the downs - I would have never found it on my own. It was the yellow flower that messed up the priorities - anyway, it's fixed now and will be uploaded with the next release. Is it too difficult to find the nectar?

Spoiler for nectar:
Is it too confusing to have the water from the reflective pool serve two purposes?

@ pathbinder: Sorry you can't download the demo. I'll see what I can do about that but it won't be any time too soon.

Thanks, Lunarea!

Rep:
Level 87
I'll see what I can do about that but it won't be any time too soon.

That's okay, I can wait.

Rep:
Level 87
All right. I've uploaded it to savefile so hopefully this link will work for you. http://savefile.com/projects/808585036

Note: this demo is exactly the same as the one on media fire. All the bugs that have been mentioned still exist in this demo.

Thanks, Lunarea!

Rep:
Level 87
It's downloading now, thanks. I'm going to comment when I'm done playing.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 09:05:20 AM by Pathbinder »

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, that's what confused me: I figured I was done with it once I did the first thing. But, I think it is actually a good thing.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
It's great, it's just that spider's vixen special technique "Sword Assault" or whatever its called. Thats the problem. It does up to 90 - 100 damage so far. But then again i'm lvl 3, but i'm gonna go lvl grinding right now. Just throwing that peice in. Still a great game  ;D
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

Rep:
Level 87
I wanted to lull the player into a false sense of security before handing them a devastating blow. I recommend that the players be around level 5 to fight the boss.

Thanks, Lunarea!

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
lol alright, i'm just going to ask this while i'm here at the moment.

Are you going to have random encounters or are we going to have to pass by certain spots(Like the spider web) to engage in a battle?

Rep:
Level 87
It'll be a mix of spot encounters and visible enemies. I can't stand random encounters.

Thanks, Lunarea!

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Alright.
  Finally beat the demo, it's pretty sad after the spider vixen. I would love to say i lost to the elder but i didn't lol, but how you ended the demo was kinda mean lol. Looking forward to this being finished ^^

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Uhm, where the hell is Zayn?

Edit: Nevermind, I found him.  :P
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 03:45:53 PM by Dertt »

Rep:
Level 87
Sorry for ending the demo so abruptly but hopefully it has whetted your appetite for more! The scene on the cliff, although a little sad,  is supposed to foreshadow later events.

Thanks, Lunarea!

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
lol i'm sure, i can kind of guess whats going to happen but i'll wait and see  :lol:
I was kidding about how the demo ended a bit also, i lol'd irl. Looking forward to this being done
good luck Alexia.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Congratz on Project of the Month!

Rep:
Level 97
Congratulations on your second Project of the Month award alexia. Excellent work.

Also, I forgot to mention this, but the scene with that musician (Jax?) was funny. Nice work  :lol: