RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Northern Lights Remake (After the book)

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
Story: If you've read the book, this'll be easy enough, but as I suppose not many have (though every1 should, it's that good), I'll also write it here:
Spoiler for:
Well, in Oxford, in some unknown time, a small girl called Lyra Belacqua lives. Her father and mother died in  a air crash, and her uncle took her with him to the Jordan College, where she has lived all her life. Her uncle is a dangerous and angry man. He is big and strong and many don't even dare looking him in his eyes. He has that faint glow of power, money, control, and strength. Lyra is a liar and a cheater, but she is honourable and true to her friends. She doesn't listen to adults, she is so inmature. She usually wanders the streets with a group of children from the surrounding colleges like St. Michael. She tells them stories, she makes up as she goes, and scares them that way. That is her way of having power. Everyone believes her, though most of it is lies. The problem is, that Lord Asriel, her uncle, can seem very threatening when he is angry and the children know that, so Lyra is using this to lie to them, and scare and amaze them. She is highly valued there at the college. The scholars think she is inmature and stupid, but they love her very much, and would not give her away. But then Mrs. Coulter came.
It was one of those days, where the Master had dinner, and a lot of special guests. Lyra was, as always, invited because of Lord Asriel- He had not asked for it, but they felt it was their responsebility. Besides, they knew things about her future, and her past, that she didn't. At the dinner party, a couple of women, were also invited. There not many, just 3 or 4. They were old, stubby, and looked angry and annoying. Except one. Her name was Mrs. Coulter. She was a black haired woman, and was oh so beautiful. Her silvery monkey was also so sweet and its long, silky fur draped down its body, looked enchanted so soft it seemed. Mrs Coulter had the most dazzling and beautiful smile anyone could ever have, and Lyra immediatly knew she was someone special. Not unlike those other woman accemics. Lyra sat down beside her, and they started talking. She was a brilliant and clever woman. She knew all kinds of things about the north. Lyra was attracted to her- finally a woman who was clever, and brilliant, and who knew all kinds of interesting things. And Mrs. Coulter was interesting too. Lyra was brought into a world of wonder, and she tried to keep track of all this amazing knowledge. That evening, the Master wanted to speak with Lyra. He was in his room. He sat down in front of her, behind his desk and told her that it was soon time to leave. She didn't want to go, and not at all when he said she'd be one of those women at the party's assistant. That made her angry and sad. Until he told, her that she was going with Mrs. Coulter. Lyra was happy to hear THAT! They were leaving the very next morning and Mrs. Coulter already knew everything about it! But that morning, the Master called her over, at 6 o'clock or so. He wanted to talk to her. Here he gave her the Alethiometer, a small round object, which she was not supposed to show Mrs. Coulter- ever! But he was interupted when he said: "Lord Asriel wanted--" and so she didn't fully understand her task... if there was any at all... that was when her adventure began!

Note that there are more details and that those details will be in the game.

Characters:

Lyra is a girl with a strong will and a varied personality. She is interesting, and she is a liar.

Pantalaimon, Lyra's dæmon, is a bit of a coward compared to Lyra, though it is nothing but common sense- and no good liar can have something like that!

Screens: N/A
Demo: N/A

Progress: 0,1 %

NOTE: You will not need to know anything about the book/movie, even though it would probably help you if you're going to help. If you haven't read it, don't worry. You'll be told the specific things on each map (if any).

RECRUITING: I am recruiting spriters for this game. PM me if you're interested.

I will need full character sets for Lyra, also ones with special poses (eg. crying, lying, screaming, running, laughing, sitting (one charset where she's sitting on a chair, one on the ground) etc.)
Mouse-coloured hair is REQUIRED!! She is not adult, only 12 years old.

RECRUITING: I am also recruiting scripters to make a special battle system (PM me for info), and a CMS.  PM me if you're interested.

RECRUITING: I am thirdly also recruiting mappers, for I am very bad at that. Maps will need to be detailed and good. PM me if you're interested.

NOTE: You will not need to know anything about the book/movie, even though it would probably help you if you're going to help. If you haven't read it, don't worry. You'll be told the specific things on each map (if any).

Do reply with ideas and opinions. ;D
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 11:28:04 AM by Demonic Blade »
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!