RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] The Infrared Bear

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
Some of you may have seen him around the place hes the mascot/logo(ill have to simplify a bear without getting to the disney logo somehow) for my new and incomplete site.

Here he is as a floating head and he has stayed this way for months

and here he is as a WIP on his body as ive decided to give him his body to make him more easy to place within a website layout.

HUGE IMAGES GET LINKED here the graphic turds are a apart of me trying to screenshot my huge screen and will not appear on the final :D

your comments please :D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:56:22 PM by boe »

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
It looks pretty awesome imo

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Awesome!  My only concern is the lighting.  The shading on his head suggests the light is coming from the top, while the shading on his body suggests the light is coming from canvas left.  Might want to look into that.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
thanks for the info on the shading im never sure about it myself :D

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
No problem.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
okies im just about done theres a couple of tiny bits to edit but im not entirely sure ive got the shading right

here it is

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
So you want the light to be coming from directly above?  If so the ears are still a tad off.  Make sure the tops of the ears are bright but don't let the highlights extend to the bottom of the ear.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
ahh that makes sense :D

what about the body i feel there should be some shadows on the body somewhere like under the bottom of the arms

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I like him. :D Maybe you should try doing the shading you think should be there and see if it looks right?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
That mouth is annoying me. Round the bottom of it.

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87

what about the body i feel there should be some shadows on the body somewhere like under the bottom of the arms

Oh yes, of course.  Um, it's kind of hard to explain it through words.  Would you mind if I saved your image and made a visual?

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
thats no problem

That mouth is annoying me. Round the bottom of it.

ahh ive never seen it that way yes it looks like someone has carved it out like a pumpkin thanks

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Ok here's a rough idea of what I mean:

I hope this helps.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
thanks it helps heaps :D

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
updates :D

i forgot to crop this one but ive added most of the shading and rounded the mouth im  more happy with him now:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol I like the rounded mouth better, too. He looks great! I just feel like his lower-body/crotch area seems a bit more shiny since a greater deal of shading seems to be there, lol.

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
All I can say is that he's really kawaii~