RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Voice Overs on RPGXP?

Rep:
Level 87
OMFG look!! Text! :D
Is it possible to sync audio with dialogue?

If this is possible and easy to achieve, i'd love to try and put a voice actor cast on my RPG. Voice brings life to the game, why not use this as an advantage?

If someone knows how to do this, please tell me about it, i know it can be tricky.

Also, if it is possible, Anyone up for voice acting? :D

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Record yourself, import it to the right audio file for RPGXP, and use events. I've done it before.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, it's definitely possible. The best way would probably be to not record all of the dialogue into a single file but rather record one file for each dialogue box. That way, you would not need to regulate the speed of the reader.

Rep:
Level 87
cool, we could start a project that involved voice acting, i think i'll use this for my project :D

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
It's laboreus to do voice overs, nevertheless.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
yes it is, and it takes it's weight on the final game. the space it will use up on the game will be much larger than a regular RMXP game would.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
nevertheless it would be very worth it.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
nevertheless it would be very worth it.
Very true, the very existence of voice over in a game makes it gooood.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, if you are going to do it, make sure you get good voice actors. Especially avoid anybody who worked on any anime's English release.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
And make sure you have a decent mic that doesn't cackle and pick-up on breathing.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
And make sure you have a decent mic that doesn't cackle and pick-up on breathing.
get a screen to fix that up