RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Effects for Snow Map[RMXP PK]

Rep:
Level 86
I made this with RPG XP postality knight edition

In this tut im going to show you how to give a good effect on your snow maps.
Let's go ahead and start.

Christmas Trees
For this im going to show how to give off your trees christmas lights.

1. On a snow map put a tree(the one with leaves) and make a new event on top of any of the tiles on the tree.

2. As the graphic sprite, pick "185-Light02" and pick the yellow light at the top left corner, check the boxes in move animation, lock facing, phasing and the one that is always on top.(or check all except the no animation).

3. The trigger doesnt matter and leave the speed and frequency to what it is, put it's opacity to 200 and click okay. Now you have a
Christmas light on your tree, but still looks plain, well read on.

4. Copy the event and just change it's color to red,blue,green or any other color you can get and add them randomly on the tree.

To make a live scene you can add more speed to glow at different times.
-----------------------------------
Snow Effects
Show you how to make a good snow land effect.

1. Make a new parallel process event on the top left corner of the screen.

2. Add the weather snow and put to 9 and 0 frames(or your liking.)

3. Put the change map settings and select "001-Fog-01", opacity=70, blend type= normal, magnify 200, x = 4, y = 4,

4. Add the commands that says "Tint Fog"(2nd page) and put them to this: red = -51, green = -51, blue = 255, gray = 0, transition time = 0(or your liking.)

Now click okay and test it out to see how it looks, nice isn't it.
FireFlies
Show you some good pond effect with fireflies.

1. Make a pond or something related to a lake or water.

2. Make a new event on top of your pond with the same graphic "185-Light02" and put these: opacity = 100, type = random,
speed = slowest, frequency = highest.

3. On the options menu check "move animation", "lock facing", "phasing", and "always on top".

4. Keep it at action key and press okay, this event makes a little effect that makes fireflies on top of your ponds, i know sometimes
they move out of the pond or you can make them have a specific route to where they more(type = Custom).

I'm not sure if it has a point but you can add this to other maps that appear in the night.

And that is for my tutorial, hope you like it, post a screen if you would like to. †

« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 04:44:23 AM by elfyelf »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That's nice. Very good work for the people who are new to RPG Maker.

Rep:
Level 86
That looks nice! Thx for sharing.

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
Nice, but why would there only be fireflies by ponds? Or is it just me who's never seen a firefly?
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Nice, but why would there only be fireflies by ponds? Or is it just me who's never seen a firefly?
Fireflies *cough* breed and drop their eggs by a pool of water. That's why a lot of insects are in swamps, water.

@elfyelf
Keep it up, this can definitely be used by people that are new to eventing by practicing to do this.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 86
I hate everyone except the ones I don't hate...
Ooooh! I think I gotta be careful what I ask, I might end up actually learning something in my xmas holidays... ah well, thx... :o
I wonder how many of my-reps are there for a reason, and not just because some jackass wanted to show off in front of some other jackasses...?
Probably a lot of them - and those people sure as hell don't deserve my pity, let alone my disgust.
That's right, let's see some more -Rep'ing! BOOYEAH!!

Rep:
Level 86
And thx Leventhan, I do like making tutorials, I also made a fire cave but its somehwere else.

here: http://www.rpgrevolution.com/tutorial/80/