RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Feedback (again). Web Site Headers, New client!

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Alright, so I got a new client :L
and I need some feedback on two header mock ups I just made.

#1 or #2, and why. ^__________^
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 07:01:32 PM by boe »
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
The one on top because it looks better.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
^^

btw, the on the bottom was going to be a flash banner, the image of the shop in the right was going to be flash and show different shop pics.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Zypher (malson) picks #1 as well. ^^

moar votes plz :(

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
#1, it just looks better.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
lol the client likes #2.

I think he's right, #2 is BETTER since that guitar collection will be flash based and it will show different images from the shop.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Here's a thought. I don't actually know if you could do this, cause I don't know what you're using, but, I think it would be pretty badass if the first header was a flash based and scrolled toward the viewer showing the guitars as they came closer, like in iTunes with the album artwork. Do you know what I mean? It'd be cool if it scrolled like that I mean. If you're going with a flash based header in the second one, then yeah, that one is cooler.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
that's possible, but It might be overly large. I want to keep the logo out of the flash at all costs.
also I think the second one even tough it is more empty will really show his collection.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Oh absolutely. I think the second one will too if you're using photos of the shop for images. If you're using an interior shot, have you thought about doing a panorama of the inside of the shop? Then having that marquee across the image plane where you have it now. It would appear to something similar to the image you're using now actually on the second one. Or at least I would imagine. I think that the only reason why the second one turns me off right now is because I'm not particularly keen on interior photos. I like dramatic shots and images. Like, I think the image you have there now would be better if it were taken into photoshop and touched up to pull the color out more or maybe adjust the light. I don't mean at all by changing the image and adding stuff, but simply magnify what the image has already.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
if I had skills to spice up images to make them look better I would totally do it :D
the first image is by no means a shop image, it's a stock photo thats why it's all professional looking.

if you'd like a try at the image and make it look better that'd be great and if it's good I can have you do all the flash images for some quick bucks $.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
I like #2.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Yeah, I'll see what I can do to the images.  ;)

i've never used flash before, if you mean fix up the images for you to do the flash? Haha then sure.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yeah, I'll do the flash :D

just try that first image I posted, I want to see how much of a difference it can do, then I will send one more test image and from there start payment.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Note: That the image isn't changed much. What did change:
-Colors are more vibrant
-De-speckled to smooth and soften
-Removed the two random guitar necks in the bottom right corner of the original image.

AFTER EFFECTS:

BEFORE EFFECTS:

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yeah, not a big difference but enough to make it look good.

I'd like to see what you can do with this. Right now it looks like normal guitars nothing special not sticking out or anything.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Hey, I'm working on that image now, but my parents dropped by the apartment so I'm going out to eat with them and I'll be back to finish 'er up.  ;)

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
no problem, i'm leaving as well, be in about 2-3 hours.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
well. here's my attempt.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Its like a rainbow of want. Also, regardless of which one you use, instead of "Main Line", I would use something different, like "Shop" or "Phone".

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Nouman, I would say just go with whatever the client wants.

Note: That the image isn't changed much. What did change:
BEFORE EFFECTS:

I don't know how you saved this image, but the original was much better. The original is even better quality than your edited version.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel

I don't know how you saved this image, but the original was much better. The original is even better quality than your edited version.

That is the original image.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

yeah, also gilga the client is like so and so now xD after looking at it so I wanted to tally it up.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\

LOL, it's ok. I sort of ordered it wrong. It should have been Before and then After, but I have it posted After then Before. haha. It kind of throws people off.  :P

Anyways. Yeah, Nouman, my edits are about the same as the one you then posted. This image didn't actually need too much touching up. I must say, I do like the way that the saturation increase works. The variety captures the eye. However, because it was turned up so much, I can't say it's particularly realistic. If a customer goes in looking for that guitar, it would be a much more dull color in person. lol. Here's a couple edits I did. The second one I was just messing with. Nothing HUGE or anything, just the simplest gradient. Also, the original is actually quite fine as well.

BEFORE:

AFTER 1:

AFTER 2:

But about the first image I had done. The only real thing that needed to change was the histogram. It's a simple change really in photoshop. Just Image>Adjustments>Levels...  Then mess with the settings until you get it right. It just realigns the colors that are in the image. The original image actually lacked some red saturation. By messing with the levels, you can get rid of the shady overcast in the picture. That was about all I did. It just cleans it up and can get rid of nasty light burns sometimes as well. It's good tool.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
#1 For obvious reasons: It has depth, unlike the #2; and it has a wide gradient of colours.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.