RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Advanced Caterpillar System

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Okay, I like caterpillar systems and all. But I find a lot (if not all) of them...lacking.

I haven't seen a system like the one I'm going to request, but if there is, feel free to rebuke me. :P

I think it would be really cool and a lot more realistic if there was a caterpillar system that had the following abilities -

• Instead of following the lead character in a line, there is a defined readius (that is alterable) that the supporting characters have to stay in. If the main character moves out of the radius, the radius is moved and the supporting characters move accordingly.
  • The main (lead) character is alterable.
  • The ability to turn the script on or off. (Obviously)
  • Any of the characters (main or supporting) can individually be given paths to follow.
    • For example : The cast enters the room, and one of the supporting characters sees something that pertains to their interest, so they run across the room.
    • Feel free to use a pre-existing path finding script.
  • All of the supporting characters are interactive with events (much like the main character). If a supporting character steps onto a tile with event touch or similar, the event begins. Plus the supporting characters shouldn't be able to walk through the other characters or another event (obviously).

I know this is a lot to ask - and by no means is it easy. That's why I'm asking, I can't do it. I wouldn't know where to begin.

If someone fulfills this request, they will forever be in my debt. :rk:

Edit: I don't know why this list tag keeps popping up... it's friggen annoying -_-     Fixed ~ Zeriab
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 12:59:06 PM by Zeriab »
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."