RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[GM] how to make a 2d sidescoller?

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
hi i want to make a 2d side scrolling game in game maker i have a bunch of sprites and i might try to make a zelda sidescroller problem is i cant figure out how since i suck at game maker could somone please help me or direct me to a tutorial  :mex:

EDITED BETTER!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:42:41 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 88
I'm scared of my grandma. Wouldn't you be?
That's a very vague question. There are a lot of different types of 2D sidescrollers. But to help with this a little bit, you should check the stickies/important topics on the top of the Gamemaker section. I believe there are some pretty good things that may help. And I'll be happy to help you more if you can give a more specific example...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 02:44:03 AM by J-Crew »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
...Please, for the love of my language, type out sentences properly. I was able to read that, but I didn't want to read it. :\

Rep:
Level 86
You can find a scrolling shooter as well as a few others right here:

http://www.yoyogames.com/make/tutorials

actually i guess i need to be more specific sorry i want to maker a 2d side scrolling platformer that can have attacks example ----- http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q-MZOifsq5s

Rep:
Level 86
Well I checked out that link and thats just a platform game the screen follows the character, and the link I gave earlier has a platform demo/tutorial. I think it would help. Check out the Platform tutoral.

House of Nostalgia
Rep:
Level 87
You loved it.
Wait for Stencyl? Best side-scroller program ever perhaps?