RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[GM] How can I....?

Rep:
Level 86
OK, I have a split screen game functioning,( on one computer), the problem I have is how to only switch one view to the second stage while the other player remains behind to finish the level with their own screnn view still, ( well I was having an Idea of how, but please if you know still reply because usually I get it about half right and have to keep at it for a while to get it right, thanks in advance).
Both characters start together on same map same game.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:42:36 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 88
I'm scared of my grandma. Wouldn't you be?
I'm sorry, i haven't had enough time to look into this yet. Have you figured it out yet though? If not I'll look into in a bit. As I have said before, I'm not sure that this is possible at all...but I'll try a few things.

Rep:
Level 86
It's alright, I kinda put it on the back burner for a moment, moving ahead with other things at the moment. So take your time.

Rep:
Level 90
Is an objective of the game to finish before the other player (all the levels)? If not, then you could just make the game wait until both get to the end of the level to go to the next one.

If this isn't the case, then one way I would attempt to do it is by making all of your maps persistent, this way no matter where your players are, the maps are running what they should be running. I haven't tried what you're doing, so I this is all just guessing.

This is all I can do to (try to) help right now.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm scared of my grandma. Wouldn't you be?
Ok I messed with this as best I could, however I didn't have any luck. It seems that Gamemaker doesn't keep track of seperate rooms per port. I tried making it persistent as Purifier suggested as well, but with no luck. After doing abit more research on views, I'm leaning toward this as an impossibillty. The only thing I can think of to creatively counter-act this is to make all your multiplayer levels in one room. Just keeping them stacked high above/below one another to keep from seeing the other levels. But I would only suggest doing this if the levels were relatively short due to CPU and size consumption. An if I get something to work later on I'll get back to you on it.

Rep:
Level 86
I haven't had much luck either yet, has to be some way though, due to the fact that most mmo's aren't in just one room. I'm sure I'll find something, hopefully.