RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMRK Universe (Blog: http://arwym.com/rmrku)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
That is the default, but I may change it through scripting.  Depends on what YOU guys prefer.

should make it so that you get XP but not items
's what I think at least

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
Psssh. If you kill another player you should get at least "some" of their items. >_>

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Arwym, you're a little genius, aren't you? ^_^

I think this is a terrific idea, and while I don't have a lot of free time these days, I could possibly do something for you. Maybe make a list of jobs and post it on the front page. This would make it a bit more organized and easier for you to see who's doing what and what needs to be done.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Thanks, Holkeye!

I was even thinking about asking for permission to create a special category in the wiki called RMRK Universe, so that we could share the information easily.  It would be good to let members add their ideas in there and I could revise them.

A list of jobs would be awesome!  Bring them all, yeah!

As for the PvP, I was thinking about leaving the experience but not the items.  Hmm...  Now I got an idea: maybe in certain areas you DO lose items when another player kills you, while in others you don't?  Newbie areas could be lighter.  Like the main city.  This could be a good idea, or we could find another solution.  I see that some of you want to get some items through PvP.  I will try to satisfy both sides.

Oh, and we MUST have quests!  I am thinking about adding boss monsters!  How about having the most hated and most annoying members as our boss monsters?  You know about them better than I do.  :)

Now, about the server.  Don't worry about it for now!  For the testing, I am going to host it in my computer.  That should suffice.  We'll decide on what to do when the first full release comes out.

Again, I must say that I really am very thankful for the support.  I am already seeing those userbars around the forums.  And I have gotten lots of nice comments.  All of this boosts my motivation and my creativity.  For real, thank you.

Rep:
Level 87
Hey, do you got yahoo messenger or anything? I would like to be able to help faster when it comes to spriting, or just chatting.

That Xtreme worlds is confusing x_X I don't know how to edit anything on there XD

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I am going to add my contact info to my profile right now.  Reach me there if you need.

As for XW, yeah.  It can be confusing to those unfamiliar with the Mirage Source engine.  That is where engines like Elysium, Playerworlds, X-Realms and XtremeWorlds come from.  They all have similar interface and features.  Have you tried following the setup guide they have in the website?  That should help.  If not, go to the forums.  There is some extra documentation and tutorials that could help you.  :)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Thanks, Holkeye!

I was even thinking about asking for permission to create a special category in the wiki called RMRK Universe, so that we could share the information easily.  It would be good to let members add their ideas in there and I could revise them.

A list of jobs would be awesome!  Bring them all, yeah!

alright, I can do 2k/2k3 sprites
can help with testing/GMing if needed
and I can work on quests

As for the PvP, I was thinking about leaving the experience but not the items.  Hmm...  Now I got an idea: maybe in certain areas you DO lose items when another player kills you, while in others you don't?  Newbie areas could be lighter.  Like the main city.  This could be a good idea, or we could find another solution.  I see that some of you want to get some items through PvP.  I will try to satisfy both sides.

maybe items in inventory, but shouldn't be items on your person
afterall you need to keep your equipment

Oh, and we MUST have quests!  I am thinking about adding boss monsters!  How about having the most hated and most annoying members as our boss monsters?  You know about them better than I do.  :)

lol, Naphe/Fadark as final boss characters!

Now, about the server.  Don't worry about it for now!  For the testing, I am going to host it in my computer.  That should suffice.  We'll decide on what to do when the first full release comes out.

sounds awesome

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I had this idea that I thought would be pretty awesome, but its hard for me to explain. I'm going to do my best though, because if it is possible, it could really expand your idea. I'd also like to forward this by saying that I don't claim to be a programmer, and I don't even know if something like this would be possible:

Ok.

Most people that make rpgs specialize in one are or another, be it music, concept art, spriting, whatever. So in RMRK Universe, there's a hub town, I'm assuming. I think it would be great if you had a stretch of buildings, a bit similar to the sections that previously comprised the "Creativity Outlet." (Forgive my crude ASCII drawings)

-------------                            -------------
                                 | building |                           | building |
                                 |      1      |                            |      2      |
                                       |  |                                        |  |
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                        road
                                 -------------                             -------------
                                 | building |                            | building |
                                 |      3      |                            |       4      |

and so on, and so forth.

Now the beautiful part comes in. Each building could be a "den" of sorts for each specific type of duty a person classifies themselves as. For instance, one could be "The Staff", which is where the composers can hang out and chat.

That's just the beginning though. Inside, you could have sort of a "Registration" that you do, where a person can upload a few of their works for others to sample. Like the registration at an inn. These could be sorted out by quality, and rated (by some sort of simple scale, eg. 1 - 10, 5 stars, etc.) by other people in the RMRK Universe! This way, a person looking for a composer merely strolls over to "The Staff", checks the registry, hears something that he/she might want to use, and then finds the composer in the Universe, or leaves them a message.

Also, to compliment this, aside from having an actual rpg class, like "mage", they could also have a real-world class, like "scenery artist".

This might make an extra step in the search for quality resources, but this way you are having fun in-game-world, while also building connections in real-world. I think this is probably the type of goal you had in mind when you thought of RMRKU.

I hope this helps, and is even feasible. If so, it would be a great boon to the Rpg making scene.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Holkeye, that is a magnificent idea.  O_O  It makes a lot of sense, and would definitely be a great addition!

It could be hard to implement, due to some limitations, but I think it is somehow possible.  There is always a possibility, so I will have it in mind.  I will see what I can do to make this come true!

The hardest part would be the rating system, but like I just said, I will do what I can!

<3

Thank you so much!  Great idea!

NAMKCOR, I also like your ideas!  And I am now almost 100% sure that we'll use 2k graphics.

I am so excited, heheh.

Rep:
Level 87
I very much like Holk's ideas! And woot! 2K sprites! Consider me your volunteer spriter (for clothes and hair) XD

Anyways, yeah I understand how to edit the map on the program now....

I also added you to both msn and yahoo.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
I prefer to get "PvP Points" to buy stuff at the Arena.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
This is a nice idea, if theres any way I can help just let me know. :]

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Holkeye, i am openly saying that you are the only one who has actually "helped" in this whole topic.

<3
Arlen is hot.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.

Very nice idea!  We can do that, too.  I will open a poll for this soon.  Thanks!

Holkeye does have an awesome idea, indeed...  I really hope we can implement it in the game.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Holk's idea is incredible, that's something that has yet to be seen in an MMO and sounds just like, great =]
:taco: :taco: :taco:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I got this topic all sticky, sorry ><
bringing sexy back

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D

Very nice idea!  We can do that, too.  I will open a poll for this soon.  Thanks!

Holkeye does have an awesome idea, indeed...  I really hope we can implement it in the game.

PvP? Liek? Wats a pvp ;-;
Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
player versus player
as in combat with other players

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Here are a few ideas.

• A bank system to store your items. When you die you won't lose items in the bank
  • Player trading
  • Giving items to a vendor to sell for you. If another player buys the item, you get most of the profit. You can pre-set the prices of the items you give to the vendor.
  • Weather and day/night system
  • Since it's called Galaxy, and shouldn't be limited to one world, why not allow us to go beyond the world?
  • Vehicles (land, water, and air)
  • Pets

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Here are a few ideas.

• A bank system to store your items. When you die you won't lose items in the bank
  • Player trading
  • Giving items to a vendor to sell for you. If another player buys the item, you get most of the profit. You can pre-set the prices of the items you give to the vendor.
  • Weather and day/night system
  • Since it's called Galaxy, and shouldn't be limited to one world, why not allow us to go beyond the world?
  • Vehicles (land, water, and air)
  • Pets

Most of your ideas are already implemented.  :)  Others are easily added through basic scripting.  The one that would give me trouble is the third one in that list.  As for locations "beyond the world", it is possible with imagination and if we find the right tilesets for that.  But of course, the RMRK Universe will be like you guys want it to be.  There can be parallel worlds if you want! :D

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
I spoiled it, since it's so much text.
Spoiler for:
I had this idea that I thought would be pretty awesome, but its hard for me to explain. I'm going to do my best though, because if it is possible, it could really expand your idea. I'd also like to forward this by saying that I don't claim to be a programmer, and I don't even know if something like this would be possible:

Ok.

Most people that make rpgs specialize in one are or another, be it music, concept art, spriting, whatever. So in RMRK Universe, there's a hub town, I'm assuming. I think it would be great if you had a stretch of buildings, a bit similar to the sections that previously comprised the "Creativity Outlet." (Forgive my crude ASCII drawings)

| building |                           | building |
                                 |      1      |                            |      2      |
                                                        road
                                 | building |                            | building |
                                 |      3      |                            |       4      |

and so on, and so forth.

Now the beautiful part comes in. Each building could be a "den" of sorts for each specific type of duty a person classifies themselves as. For instance, one could be "The Staff", which is where the composers can hang out and chat.

That's just the beginning though. Inside, you could have sort of a "Registration" that you do, where a person can upload a few of their works for others to sample. Like the registration at an inn. These could be sorted out by quality, and rated (by some sort of simple scale, eg. 1 - 10, 5 stars, etc.) by other people in the RMRK Universe! This way, a person looking for a composer merely strolls over to "The Staff", checks the registry, hears something that he/she might want to use, and then finds the composer in the Universe, or leaves them a message.

Also, to compliment this, aside from having an actual rpg class, like "mage", they could also have a real-world class, like "scenery artist".

This might make an extra step in the search for quality resources, but this way you are having fun in-game-world, while also building connections in real-world. I think this is probably the type of goal you had in mind when you thought of RMRKU.

I hope this helps, and is even feasible. If so, it would be a great boon to the Rpg making scene.
That sounds like a good idea Holkeye. I could try and map that map when this starts.

Arwym, was it going to be XP or 2k3?

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Are you familiar with 2k maps?  ^^;  Because that is what I chose to use.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
I did some 2k maps when I tried the program, but I didn't like the style. But hey, there's no different in the mapping between XP and 2k, so there's should be no problem for me^^

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
This is Holk's long long post

It is indeed a nice idea and I've figured out the basics of how to get it working in my head. However, there is one major problem and I personally can't see a way around it. Each time someone uploads a new image, music file, etc., everyone who plays the game will have to download a patch to get the file installed onto their computer.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Good point, that would be alot of patchs and... :=:

As for vehicles, I just thought of some while reading this topic... (unveils sheets of paper used to entertain self while at school with multiple ideas all over them)

Mounts
Spoiler for:
Pegasus
Giant Bat
Dragon (these guys fly)
Giant Bird
GiantLizard
Ahriman
Horse
Giant Dog
Giant Cat
Giant Owl