RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMRK Universe (Blog: http://arwym.com/rmrku)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
The server can be hosted in my computer.  I have two computers, and I have actually been successful in setting up a server and making others connect to it.  So we could opt for that, or I could ask for someone to host it in a Virtual Private Server.  Lastly, if I conclude that I can handle paying one, then sure, I could have my own VPS and host the game there.  :)  A VPS is always the best choice, because I could keep the game online almost 100% of the time.

for the paid server thing
we could do donations for the server and allow people access to donation items if they do, that way it doesn't always have to come out of the staff's pockets
(I'm willing to help pay btw, I has moenyz)

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I am 100% willing to help with this.

But the only thing I can do is draw ._.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant

But the only thing I can do is imagine things ._.

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
Almost everyone loves the idea of making an MMO for RMRK. I attempted to start one a while back but sadly my firewall is too good and wouldn't allow my computer to be the server. >_>

Anyway, if you don't mind my asking, what program are you using to make the MMORPG? I'm familiar with a few of them and if you're using one I'm familiar with I'd gladly help you with it. :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 08:41:27 PM by Lominisio »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
oh, here's a question that's been on my mind
how's PVP gna work? if at all?

Lominoso, it's not just an MMO for RMRK, it's an MMO ABOUT RMRK!>!@>!@>!>>!@>#

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
Lominoso, it's not just an MMO for RMRK, it's an MMO ABOUT RMRK!

Really? O_o I must've read it too quickly. xD Anyway, I'd still gladly help. ^_^

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
If you are willing to put this project forward, I will donate towards server bills etc.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
But do that when we're sure everything's up. I'll try and help with this project... Good luck on everything!

I can't really do much, actually.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
let me know if i can do anything to help :D

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
The server can be hosted in my computer.  I have two computers, and I have actually been successful in setting up a server and making others connect to it.  So we could opt for that, or I could ask for someone to host it in a Virtual Private Server.  Lastly, if I conclude that I can handle paying one, then sure, I could have my own VPS and host the game there.  :)  A VPS is always the best choice, because I could keep the game online almost 100% of the time.

we could do donations for the server and allow people access to donation items if they do, that way it doesn't always have to come out of the staff's pockets

a decent VPS server is what, 40$-$50 a month?
I don't see people keeping up donations to keep it running.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
hrm....well....good point.....

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"

I beg to differ  ;8

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Tezuka has muniez.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

I beg to differ  ;8

I've donated my fair amount to RMRK too (I think $140) , but I don't donate what I donated every month.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
£30 ($50-$60 ?_?) a month, I think I should be able to cope with the donations.

But I will only donate if this project goes %100 forward.

EDIT:
Quote from: XE.com
30.00 GBP   =   61.6085 USD

So even £25 would suffice.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
£30 ($50-$60 ?_?) a month, I think I should be able to cope with the donations.

But I will only donate if this project goes %100 forward.

EDIT:
Quote from: XE.com
30.00 GBP   =   61.6085 USD

So even £25 would suffice.

let's not worry about donating or anything until the game actually has a build that is playable
for testing I'm pretty sure having someone temp their compy as a server would be just fine

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
I know I know, I was just showing that if it ever came to that, it is very possible to hold a server up.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
You're all very rich.

But the only thing I can do is create game concept and write reviews ._.
And probably write short stories ._.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Like I said, I'll start on the sprite work when you tell me to.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I can do... simple icons, lol. Weapons, namely.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Okay, guys! ^^  I am currently considering ]XtremeWorlds.  It is not open source, but has many features and some scripting support, which allows for many extra things that I already got in mind.

The PvP works very easily.  I can set a minimum level for PvP (PK'ing, they call it), and I can decide which areas allow it.  By default, if you kill the player, you get their items and some experience.

My second option as engine would be X-Realms.  It is very similar to XtremeWorlds (same source), but with more scripting support and less default features.

Before going to sleep, I am going to contemplate the graphics issue and decide what to do.  I will also be making a list of current priorities, so that those interested in helping know what they can do right now.

Again, thank you!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Their items? That's crappy. They work hard and then they lose everything. ;-;

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
That's mmos for ya

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
That is the default, but I may change it through scripting.  Depends on what YOU guys prefer.

Rep:
Level 87
I prefer not to lose my items...

And I'll help you with 2K sprites if that's final! ;D