RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMRK Universe (Blog: http://arwym.com/rmrku)

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.

Introduction

Okay, this is an idea I had about four months ago.  I think I mentioned it in the IRC channel, but that was it.  I didn't give it any more thought.  But today, I have decided to give it a shot.

Recently, I tried to revive my own forums once more, apparently failing in the attempt.  Basically, the forums are dead, and there seems to be nothing I can do about it.  So I have decided to stay in the RMRK community and a few other forums I will frequent.  I really want to do something fun that the people will remember.  I want to do something special for the community.  This is when the thought of reviving this idea came to my mind.

Imagine a virtual place where everything revolves around the RMRK community...  Something very close to a real MMORPG experience, but where you are part of its creation.  Imagine a 2D game where you can connect with other RMRK members, chat, participate in events, hunt down random monsters, collect fun items, change your "sprite", and even have your own land and house.  Wouldn't that be fun?

And more...  Imagine a main "city" with buildings for every group (forum staff, RPG Maker fans, artists, etc.), a hall of fame, a library with lots of "books" written by the members, and even the possibility of marking your presence in that universe!  Again, you could even own land!

I say it would be fun, and more when the entire community can contribute with resources, skills and ideas.

I call this idea and potential project the "RMRK Universe", and OPEN 2D MMORPG created for a community, by the community.

Originally, I even thought about doing this for my own community, but since we were so small, and most members are currently inactive, it wouldn't have worked.

Consider this as something fun, done in our free time.  No serious storyline, just randomness and pure creativity.  :)

I have thought of the engine that we'd be using already, and finding a place where to host the server shouldn't be a problem.

Everyone is welcome to join.  Please give me your feedback, and tell me if you agree with the idea or not.  With enough people into the project, this could be really great!

To all of you who decide to support this idea and make it come true, thank you!

Support

You can support the RMRK Universe project by adding a userbar to your signature!  Here they are:

(Created by Skanker.  Thank you!)

Code: [Select]
[url=http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,22567.0.html][img]http://i4.tinypic.com/6xhumu9.png[/img][/url]

(Created by NAMKCOR.  Thank you!)

Code: [Select]
[url=http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,22567.0.html][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psycho-mantis/RMRKUniverseUserBar.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 06:02:51 AM by Arwym Starlight »

Rep:
Level 87
Is it some kind of a virtual RMRK forum sim community? <--Can't find the right words to describe. The only way I can help is pointing out bugs in mappings and as such. I don't do civilized mappings (towns, castles)since I suck at them and I'm a very slow mapper at anywhere else. So I guess I can only be beta tester, if you want to that is....

Oh yeah, and free time? I have a few, but not that much. The clincher: I'll try to help whenever I can in whatever way. So...what about it?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Although this would.be totally awesome, I can't see it becoming a reality. Every rmrk project has failed, and I really can't see this being different.

I do wish you the best of luck though.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I wont agree with irock cause thats like telling a toad he cant catch a fly.
lol.
You can do it, and i love the idea. Anyway i can help, i will surely ^_^
Arlen is hot.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Do you mean to use an RM to make this, or VBGore, or other game engines?
If you're really dedicated to making it an manage to form an active team of experienced individuals, then It is possible to create that.

Although it wold be very laboreus.
I'll probably help if other people help, probably around the writing part or maybe a little spriting.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I am using an MMO engine.  We can use RMXP tilesets.  This is no serious MMORPG, so it needs not to be original.  The sprites, if you want.  You can make the sprite you'll use in the game.  To those having little time but wanting to contribute, you can do so with ideas for items, places and such.  And general features, of course.

The game is not going to be so big and serious that you need a huge team.  With four people playing the role of GM's, it should suffice; at least in the beginning.  The engine I am going to use has very little amount of bugs because the developer is dedicated, so that won't be a big issue.

We could say it is a virtual RMRK sim, but that wouldn't be too correct, since you are going to be requesting if you want a house.  I am going to provide free lands/homes to those who contribute to the project in any way.  Those who do not, will pay with in-game money.  However, providing the sprite you will use is not considered a contribution.  Helping with resources, time, ideas and skills are.

What I really need right now is people supporting the project, and ideas.  Suggestions.  What do you want in the game?  What do you expect from it?  Things like that.  I can start with those.

Rep:
Level 87
Well, here is my suggestions. I would like to see weather in the game, like rain... Also, if possible, a day and night system + seasons? That would be cool.

Also, you could make a cherry blossom area for events/weddings. I basically just want a Cherry Blossom area. ;P

I would help with clothe/hair making for sprites... but I believe you are using the XP sprites, not the 2K sprites. So I can't help on that ;(

All in all, good luck with the project, I hope it goes well.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Well, here is my suggestions. I would like to see weather in the game, like rain... Also, if possible, a day and night system + seasons? That would be cool.

Also, you could make a cherry blossom area for events/weddings. I basically just want a Cherry Blossom area. ;P

I would help with clothe/hair making for sprites... but I believe you are using the XP sprites, not the 2K sprites. So I can't help on that ;(

All in all, good luck with the project, I hope it goes well.

Thanks for the ideas!  I will implement as many as I can.

Many areas will come.  Cherry blossom one, I will do my best!  I am thinking even of a "stick guy town", with pretty bad graphics made in MS Paint, LOL.  Just to give a laugh or two.

The weather system is already in.  The engine has it.

As for sprites, I think 'paperdoll' is gonna be added.  If not, you can have your own sprites and offer your own works if you want.  :)

Again, thank you!

Rep:
Level 87
If possible, depending on if the community likes it or not, If the sprites are 2K I could do a lot of clothes and hairs for them and we can add them in shops and such.

I would also like to see places like a coffee shop for the people who want a more "relaxing" environment. (I just love Coffee Shops for some reason >_>)

But to the sprites, it all depends on the rest of the community's thoughts. I could probably adapt to a new sprite base, just used to 2K style. (Used it since 2000 something, I have bad memory XP)

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Having tons of places to explore always makes an MMO good. I normally stop playing MMOs when everything begins to get too familiar.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
I am using an MMO engine.  We can use RMXP tilesets.  This is no serious MMORPG, so it needs not to be original.  The sprites, if you want.  You can make the sprite you'll use in the game.  To those having little time but wanting to contribute, you can do so with ideas for items, places and such.  And general features, of course.

The game is not going to be so big and serious that you need a huge team.  With four people playing the role of GM's, it should suffice; at least in the beginning.  The engine I am going to use has very little amount of bugs because the developer is dedicated, so that won't be a big issue.

We could say it is a virtual RMRK sim, but that wouldn't be too correct, since you are going to be requesting if you want a house.  I am going to provide free lands/homes to those who contribute to the project in any way.  Those who do not, will pay with in-game money.  However, providing the sprite you will use is not considered a contribution.  Helping with resources, time, ideas and skills are.

What I really need right now is people supporting the project, and ideas.  Suggestions.  What do you want in the game?  What do you expect from it?  Things like that.  I can start with those.
Ah, then I can probaby help with ideas and skills (does this means the real skills or in-game skills?)
Also, about the features....
Features in MapleStory always makes me wonder how great the game is.

Some mini-games would be nice.
Character Jobs.
Quests, lots.
Emoticons.
Odd Items.
Funny NPC's.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Since this is an idea for a small RMRK universe then I think the point isn't to make it the best MMO ever, instead, you should just make it enjoyable and look at it as an opportunity to stroll around with your friends. Don't set your goals too high, they might will backfire.

Yeah ignore what I said up there, I wish you the best of luck and I'm willing to help and dedicate myself to this 8)
:taco: :taco: :taco:

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I was thinking of adding jobs, but not the regular jobs.  Rather, funny things that relate to RMRK or clichés of RPG's, because this started as an RPG Maker community.  Also, using the RM2k graphics seems to me like a better choice than RMXP.  To make things more consistent, I think I will consider 2k instead of XP, even for the tilesets.

Coffee shops, place to relax, even animé towns, I am doing all of that!  We could have towns with different themes, just for fun.  What I really want is that you get lots to explore with other fellow RMRK members.

Funny NPC's are included with the towns.  Quests, I am going to think about which would be good quests for a game like this.  Maybe ones to get the rare items of the game.  Some items will unlock what I'd call "costumes", or sprites.

Emoticons, I am going to make those possible, because I think they'll help in the communication department.  And this game is more about communication and interaction than anything else!

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
This sounds great! I will help if you ever need it.

Good luck on this!

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Anyone feeling like making a userbar to advertise in signatures?  I would do it, but this laptop doesn't have Photoshop.  :(  I'd appreciate it a lot.

Thanks a lot for all the support!  :D

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I'd definetally support this idea
sounds likeit would be a total blast to play, and I'd love to help

send me the specs of the program you're using, and if you're doing 2k sprite style, I can help with spriting
(I just can't to XP sprite style well)

and I don't think anyone has offered this yet, but I could write up some simple and complex quests for people to go through to get special items or something.

(lol, find add stop fadark from hacking his way back into town xD)

I wouldn't mind joining up for this project at all, sounds like it could go places.

aaaaand I took a shot at a userbar myself
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 05:48:50 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
WOW, GUYS!

So much support!  ;_;  I am so impressed, and happy!

I love the userbars!  Both!  I am going to format the thread a little and add those there for people to use.  This project is now official!

I am going to write some notes (after I get back) and send them to those really interested in helping.

Again, THANK YOU!

*HUGS*
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 06:49:14 PM by Arwym »

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
This sounds like an awesome idea. I just love it :)

I could help with what Im best on.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
This sounds like an awesome idea. I just love it :)

I could help with what Im best on.

Thank you!  There is always something to do.  I will try to add more info on that soon.  We'll eventually need some mappers, but first we must decide on what graphics we'll use.  I really appreciate your support. :D

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
WOW, GUYS!

So much support!  ;_;  I am so impressed, and happy!

I love the userbars!  Both!  I am going to format the thread a little and add those there for people to use.  This project is now official!

I am going to write some notes (after I get back) and send them to those really interested in helping.

Again, THANK YOU!

*HUGS*

no problem at all, this kind of thing needs dedicated support and that's something I'm glad to give ;)

just tell me where you need me

Rep:
Level 102
Well, seeing how you're very dedicated to this, I can really see some of this getting done, as long as you have a server to put it on, things might actually work out. I would be more than happy to help out.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I'm thinking the server might be the hardest thing to get/accomplish here

Rep:
Level 102
I'm thinking the server might be the hardest thing to get/accomplish here
Not if she's willing to pay. D:

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
The server can be hosted in my computer.  I have two computers, and I have actually been successful in setting up a server and making others connect to it.  So we could opt for that, or I could ask for someone to host it in a Virtual Private Server.  Lastly, if I conclude that I can handle paying one, then sure, I could have my own VPS and host the game there.  :)  A VPS is always the best choice, because I could keep the game online almost 100% of the time.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
The server can be hosted in my computer.  I have two computers, and I have actually been successful in setting up a server and making others connect to it.  So we could opt for that, or I could ask for someone to host it in a Virtual Private Server.  Lastly, if I conclude that I can handle paying one, then sure, I could have my own VPS and host the game there.  :)  A VPS is always the best choice, because I could keep the game online almost 100% of the time.

for the paid server thing
we could do donations for the server and allow people access to donation items if they do, that way it doesn't always have to come out of the staff's pockets
(I'm willing to help pay btw, I has moenyz)

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
I am 100% willing to help with this.

But the only thing I can do is draw ._.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant

But the only thing I can do is imagine things ._.

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
Almost everyone loves the idea of making an MMO for RMRK. I attempted to start one a while back but sadly my firewall is too good and wouldn't allow my computer to be the server. >_>

Anyway, if you don't mind my asking, what program are you using to make the MMORPG? I'm familiar with a few of them and if you're using one I'm familiar with I'd gladly help you with it. :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 08:41:27 PM by Lominisio »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
oh, here's a question that's been on my mind
how's PVP gna work? if at all?

Lominoso, it's not just an MMO for RMRK, it's an MMO ABOUT RMRK!>!@>!@>!>>!@>#

Rep:
Level 89
Lominoso, it's not just an MMO for RMRK, it's an MMO ABOUT RMRK!

Really? O_o I must've read it too quickly. xD Anyway, I'd still gladly help. ^_^

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
If you are willing to put this project forward, I will donate towards server bills etc.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
But do that when we're sure everything's up. I'll try and help with this project... Good luck on everything!

I can't really do much, actually.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
let me know if i can do anything to help :D

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

we could do donations for the server and allow people access to donation items if they do, that way it doesn't always have to come out of the staff's pockets

a decent VPS server is what, 40$-$50 a month?
I don't see people keeping up donations to keep it running.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
hrm....well....good point.....

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"

I beg to differ  ;8

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Tezuka has muniez.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

I beg to differ  ;8

I've donated my fair amount to RMRK too (I think $140) , but I don't donate what I donated every month.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
£30 ($50-$60 ?_?) a month, I think I should be able to cope with the donations.

But I will only donate if this project goes %100 forward.

EDIT:
Quote from: XE.com
30.00 GBP   =   61.6085 USD

So even £25 would suffice.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
£30 ($50-$60 ?_?) a month, I think I should be able to cope with the donations.

But I will only donate if this project goes %100 forward.

EDIT:
Quote from: XE.com
30.00 GBP   =   61.6085 USD

So even £25 would suffice.

let's not worry about donating or anything until the game actually has a build that is playable
for testing I'm pretty sure having someone temp their compy as a server would be just fine

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
I know I know, I was just showing that if it ever came to that, it is very possible to hold a server up.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
You're all very rich.

But the only thing I can do is create game concept and write reviews ._.
And probably write short stories ._.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Like I said, I'll start on the sprite work when you tell me to.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I can do... simple icons, lol. Weapons, namely.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Okay, guys! ^^  I am currently considering ]XtremeWorlds.  It is not open source, but has many features and some scripting support, which allows for many extra things that I already got in mind.

The PvP works very easily.  I can set a minimum level for PvP (PK'ing, they call it), and I can decide which areas allow it.  By default, if you kill the player, you get their items and some experience.

My second option as engine would be X-Realms.  It is very similar to XtremeWorlds (same source), but with more scripting support and less default features.

Before going to sleep, I am going to contemplate the graphics issue and decide what to do.  I will also be making a list of current priorities, so that those interested in helping know what they can do right now.

Again, thank you!

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Their items? That's crappy. They work hard and then they lose everything. ;-;

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
That's mmos for ya

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
That is the default, but I may change it through scripting.  Depends on what YOU guys prefer.

Rep:
Level 87
I prefer not to lose my items...

And I'll help you with 2K sprites if that's final! ;D

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
That is the default, but I may change it through scripting.  Depends on what YOU guys prefer.

should make it so that you get XP but not items
's what I think at least

Rep:
Level 89
Psssh. If you kill another player you should get at least "some" of their items. >_>

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Arwym, you're a little genius, aren't you? ^_^

I think this is a terrific idea, and while I don't have a lot of free time these days, I could possibly do something for you. Maybe make a list of jobs and post it on the front page. This would make it a bit more organized and easier for you to see who's doing what and what needs to be done.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Thanks, Holkeye!

I was even thinking about asking for permission to create a special category in the wiki called RMRK Universe, so that we could share the information easily.  It would be good to let members add their ideas in there and I could revise them.

A list of jobs would be awesome!  Bring them all, yeah!

As for the PvP, I was thinking about leaving the experience but not the items.  Hmm...  Now I got an idea: maybe in certain areas you DO lose items when another player kills you, while in others you don't?  Newbie areas could be lighter.  Like the main city.  This could be a good idea, or we could find another solution.  I see that some of you want to get some items through PvP.  I will try to satisfy both sides.

Oh, and we MUST have quests!  I am thinking about adding boss monsters!  How about having the most hated and most annoying members as our boss monsters?  You know about them better than I do.  :)

Now, about the server.  Don't worry about it for now!  For the testing, I am going to host it in my computer.  That should suffice.  We'll decide on what to do when the first full release comes out.

Again, I must say that I really am very thankful for the support.  I am already seeing those userbars around the forums.  And I have gotten lots of nice comments.  All of this boosts my motivation and my creativity.  For real, thank you.

Rep:
Level 87
Hey, do you got yahoo messenger or anything? I would like to be able to help faster when it comes to spriting, or just chatting.

That Xtreme worlds is confusing x_X I don't know how to edit anything on there XD

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I am going to add my contact info to my profile right now.  Reach me there if you need.

As for XW, yeah.  It can be confusing to those unfamiliar with the Mirage Source engine.  That is where engines like Elysium, Playerworlds, X-Realms and XtremeWorlds come from.  They all have similar interface and features.  Have you tried following the setup guide they have in the website?  That should help.  If not, go to the forums.  There is some extra documentation and tutorials that could help you.  :)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Thanks, Holkeye!

I was even thinking about asking for permission to create a special category in the wiki called RMRK Universe, so that we could share the information easily.  It would be good to let members add their ideas in there and I could revise them.

A list of jobs would be awesome!  Bring them all, yeah!

alright, I can do 2k/2k3 sprites
can help with testing/GMing if needed
and I can work on quests

As for the PvP, I was thinking about leaving the experience but not the items.  Hmm...  Now I got an idea: maybe in certain areas you DO lose items when another player kills you, while in others you don't?  Newbie areas could be lighter.  Like the main city.  This could be a good idea, or we could find another solution.  I see that some of you want to get some items through PvP.  I will try to satisfy both sides.

maybe items in inventory, but shouldn't be items on your person
afterall you need to keep your equipment

Oh, and we MUST have quests!  I am thinking about adding boss monsters!  How about having the most hated and most annoying members as our boss monsters?  You know about them better than I do.  :)

lol, Naphe/Fadark as final boss characters!

Now, about the server.  Don't worry about it for now!  For the testing, I am going to host it in my computer.  That should suffice.  We'll decide on what to do when the first full release comes out.

sounds awesome

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I had this idea that I thought would be pretty awesome, but its hard for me to explain. I'm going to do my best though, because if it is possible, it could really expand your idea. I'd also like to forward this by saying that I don't claim to be a programmer, and I don't even know if something like this would be possible:

Ok.

Most people that make rpgs specialize in one are or another, be it music, concept art, spriting, whatever. So in RMRK Universe, there's a hub town, I'm assuming. I think it would be great if you had a stretch of buildings, a bit similar to the sections that previously comprised the "Creativity Outlet." (Forgive my crude ASCII drawings)

-------------                            -------------
                                 | building |                           | building |
                                 |      1      |                            |      2      |
                                       |  |                                        |  |
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                        road
                                 -------------                             -------------
                                 | building |                            | building |
                                 |      3      |                            |       4      |

and so on, and so forth.

Now the beautiful part comes in. Each building could be a "den" of sorts for each specific type of duty a person classifies themselves as. For instance, one could be "The Staff", which is where the composers can hang out and chat.

That's just the beginning though. Inside, you could have sort of a "Registration" that you do, where a person can upload a few of their works for others to sample. Like the registration at an inn. These could be sorted out by quality, and rated (by some sort of simple scale, eg. 1 - 10, 5 stars, etc.) by other people in the RMRK Universe! This way, a person looking for a composer merely strolls over to "The Staff", checks the registry, hears something that he/she might want to use, and then finds the composer in the Universe, or leaves them a message.

Also, to compliment this, aside from having an actual rpg class, like "mage", they could also have a real-world class, like "scenery artist".

This might make an extra step in the search for quality resources, but this way you are having fun in-game-world, while also building connections in real-world. I think this is probably the type of goal you had in mind when you thought of RMRKU.

I hope this helps, and is even feasible. If so, it would be a great boon to the Rpg making scene.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Holkeye, that is a magnificent idea.  O_O  It makes a lot of sense, and would definitely be a great addition!

It could be hard to implement, due to some limitations, but I think it is somehow possible.  There is always a possibility, so I will have it in mind.  I will see what I can do to make this come true!

The hardest part would be the rating system, but like I just said, I will do what I can!

<3

Thank you so much!  Great idea!

NAMKCOR, I also like your ideas!  And I am now almost 100% sure that we'll use 2k graphics.

I am so excited, heheh.

Rep:
Level 87
I very much like Holk's ideas! And woot! 2K sprites! Consider me your volunteer spriter (for clothes and hair) XD

Anyways, yeah I understand how to edit the map on the program now....

I also added you to both msn and yahoo.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
I prefer to get "PvP Points" to buy stuff at the Arena.

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
This is a nice idea, if theres any way I can help just let me know. :]

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Holkeye, i am openly saying that you are the only one who has actually "helped" in this whole topic.

<3
Arlen is hot.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.

Very nice idea!  We can do that, too.  I will open a poll for this soon.  Thanks!

Holkeye does have an awesome idea, indeed...  I really hope we can implement it in the game.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
Holk's idea is incredible, that's something that has yet to be seen in an MMO and sounds just like, great =]

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I got this topic all sticky, sorry ><
bringing sexy back

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D

Very nice idea!  We can do that, too.  I will open a poll for this soon.  Thanks!

Holkeye does have an awesome idea, indeed...  I really hope we can implement it in the game.

PvP? Liek? Wats a pvp ;-;
Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
player versus player
as in combat with other players

Rep:
Level 102
Here are a few ideas.

• A bank system to store your items. When you die you won't lose items in the bank
  • Player trading
  • Giving items to a vendor to sell for you. If another player buys the item, you get most of the profit. You can pre-set the prices of the items you give to the vendor.
  • Weather and day/night system
  • Since it's called Galaxy, and shouldn't be limited to one world, why not allow us to go beyond the world?
  • Vehicles (land, water, and air)
  • Pets

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Here are a few ideas.

• A bank system to store your items. When you die you won't lose items in the bank
  • Player trading
  • Giving items to a vendor to sell for you. If another player buys the item, you get most of the profit. You can pre-set the prices of the items you give to the vendor.
  • Weather and day/night system
  • Since it's called Galaxy, and shouldn't be limited to one world, why not allow us to go beyond the world?
  • Vehicles (land, water, and air)
  • Pets

Most of your ideas are already implemented.  :)  Others are easily added through basic scripting.  The one that would give me trouble is the third one in that list.  As for locations "beyond the world", it is possible with imagination and if we find the right tilesets for that.  But of course, the RMRK Universe will be like you guys want it to be.  There can be parallel worlds if you want! :D

Rep:
Level 89
I spoiled it, since it's so much text.
Spoiler for:
I had this idea that I thought would be pretty awesome, but its hard for me to explain. I'm going to do my best though, because if it is possible, it could really expand your idea. I'd also like to forward this by saying that I don't claim to be a programmer, and I don't even know if something like this would be possible:

Ok.

Most people that make rpgs specialize in one are or another, be it music, concept art, spriting, whatever. So in RMRK Universe, there's a hub town, I'm assuming. I think it would be great if you had a stretch of buildings, a bit similar to the sections that previously comprised the "Creativity Outlet." (Forgive my crude ASCII drawings)

| building |                           | building |
                                 |      1      |                            |      2      |
                                                        road
                                 | building |                            | building |
                                 |      3      |                            |       4      |

and so on, and so forth.

Now the beautiful part comes in. Each building could be a "den" of sorts for each specific type of duty a person classifies themselves as. For instance, one could be "The Staff", which is where the composers can hang out and chat.

That's just the beginning though. Inside, you could have sort of a "Registration" that you do, where a person can upload a few of their works for others to sample. Like the registration at an inn. These could be sorted out by quality, and rated (by some sort of simple scale, eg. 1 - 10, 5 stars, etc.) by other people in the RMRK Universe! This way, a person looking for a composer merely strolls over to "The Staff", checks the registry, hears something that he/she might want to use, and then finds the composer in the Universe, or leaves them a message.

Also, to compliment this, aside from having an actual rpg class, like "mage", they could also have a real-world class, like "scenery artist".

This might make an extra step in the search for quality resources, but this way you are having fun in-game-world, while also building connections in real-world. I think this is probably the type of goal you had in mind when you thought of RMRKU.

I hope this helps, and is even feasible. If so, it would be a great boon to the Rpg making scene.
That sounds like a good idea Holkeye. I could try and map that map when this starts.

Arwym, was it going to be XP or 2k3?

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Are you familiar with 2k maps?  ^^;  Because that is what I chose to use.

Rep:
Level 89
I did some 2k maps when I tried the program, but I didn't like the style. But hey, there's no different in the mapping between XP and 2k, so there's should be no problem for me^^

Rep:
Level 89
This is Holk's long long post

It is indeed a nice idea and I've figured out the basics of how to get it working in my head. However, there is one major problem and I personally can't see a way around it. Each time someone uploads a new image, music file, etc., everyone who plays the game will have to download a patch to get the file installed onto their computer.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Good point, that would be alot of patchs and... :=:

As for vehicles, I just thought of some while reading this topic... (unveils sheets of paper used to entertain self while at school with multiple ideas all over them)

Mounts
Spoiler for:
Pegasus
Giant Bat
Dragon (these guys fly)
Giant Bird
GiantLizard
Ahriman
Horse
Giant Dog
Giant Cat
Giant Owl

Vehicles
Spoiler for:
Flying Machine
Broom
Magic Carpet
Tank
Copter

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
It is true that the engine has its limitations.  It is not open-source, after all.  The upload thing might not work unless we found a way to "connect" to another server/website.  The ideal thing would be that the uploads were hosted somewhere else.  Otherwise, it would happen exactly how Lominisio said.

The mounts would work but, there is an issue...  Having each sprite with every mount (even custom ones) would be pretty hard... maybe even impossible.  If we were talking about a custom engine, things would be different.  So in fact, I must admit, that some features are beyond my reach.  :(

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
No, you guys. Lol. Think about it. In a patch, they don't hand out just one thing. They add a bunch of things in. That way, when you have things ready, you put them in a patch and you can keep an announcements or something that announces what the near-future of RMRKU holds in store! :D

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Do you realize that there is currently no auto-patcher for this program?  :(  Every patch must be downloaded manually.  I am hoping that an auto-patcher will come with the next version of the engine, but I can't be sure.

Rep:
Level 89
The big deal with the patch problem is going to be a big problem. However, seeing as the game isn't even up and running yet it's best not to even thing about how to fix it yet. Once we get the game up and running and people are online, THEN we can add in a bunch of cool features like this one.

Oh, and I'll be a mapper/developer. ;D

EDIT: This is my personal opinion but I think we should use Elysium for a few reasons. One, it's open source so we could incorporate a lot of cusomization into it. Two, the newest version is practically bug free. And third, I'm quite familiar with it (:P) and it's quite easy to learn.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 02:12:35 AM by Lominisio »

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
The big deal with the patch problem is going to be a big problem. However, seeing as the game isn't even up and running yet it's best not to even thing about how to fix it yet. Once we get the game up and running and people are online, THEN we can add in a bunch of cool features like this one.

Oh, and I'll be a mapper/developer. ;D

EDIT: This is my personal opinion but I think we should use Elysium for a few reasons. One, it's open source so we could incorporate a lot of cusomization into it. Two, the newest version is practically bug free. And third, I'm quite familiar with it (:P) and it's quite easy to learn.

Elysium Diamond is not open-source.  Or at least that is what I have been told many times.  Mirage Source is the base for Elysium and other similar engines.  Elysium has less features than XtremeWorlds.  I would love to use Mirage Source instead, but I am just a beginner programmer.  This is programmed in VB6, and unless we have someone here who knows how to program well in that language, we better stick to one of these.  And currently, the best two engines of this sort that are actively in development are XtremeWorlds and X-Realms (but I have my doubts about the latter, since X-Realms 2.0 is in the works already).  I have tried all of these engines, and so far my best find has been XW.  I will consider options, though.  :)

EDIT:  Read this for more information.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 02:53:22 AM by Arwym »

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
(Sorry for the double post.)

The first poll has been added!

Please vote for your favorite choice of graphics to use in RMRK Universe.  The poll will close on the 21st.  If you choose "other", then please specify which graphics you would like to see as base for the game.

Please consider not only the looks, but also the variety and utility of these, as well as the amount of possible "customs" for them.  And don't forget about the sprites.  The game will look better if the graphics are consistent, although a few inconsistencies just for fun wouldn't be so bad...  :P

Thank you for supporting this project!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
shhhh, don't tell anyone, 2k and 2k3 are the same shhhhh

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
shhhh, don't tell anyone, 2k and 2k3 are the same shhhhh

Also in sprites?  Sorry if that's so.  Because I really haven't compared them.  I am more familiar with XP.

Sorry if I am wrong.  I will remove the unnecessary option from that poll.

Rep:
Level 94
This is Holk's long long post

It is indeed a nice idea and I've figured out the basics of how to get it working in my head. However, there is one major problem and I personally can't see a way around it. Each time someone uploads a new image, music file, etc., everyone who plays the game will have to download a patch to get the file installed onto their computer.

Couldn't it be possible to just make it like an in-game-engine web browser? Like, have the "registries" link to a private web space where the user can browse through the available files?

Rep:
Level 89
A web browser in the engine itself? That'd be possible. I don't think you could do it with scripts though. You'd have to have access to the source itself. I know a little bit in VBASIC but not enough to do that. I'm currently taking a class in it at school so I'm learning more. :)

Rep:
Level 94
Ok, so then maybe the "registries" should be in-game computer terminals. Then you boot it up, and the in-game browser pops up, limiting you to the specific class' archives, sorted by rank, author, and title!

Maybe?

Rep:
Level 89
I can see how it would work and all. Example: Terminal one would bring you to a portion of the website that shows err... music examples and nothing else. There is no address bar so you can't go anywhere out of that specific page. The next terminal would open up a similar but different page for uh... graphics. So on and so forth. This way the graphics and music and whatever else you have isn't stored in the game but online. Basically in the same format as when you browse for ftp files on sites.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
"Other Graphics"

GaryGill graphics ;-;

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
It is possible to launch a browser window to a specific address from the client.  I don't think it's hard.  I will see if Bradyok (the person behind Xtreme Worlds) can help me with that.  It is possible that he adds a special command for this if I request it.  We could have a special website for browsing the files, which would be a good way of achieving this.

If we can have an in-game browser, that'd be much better.  Who knows, maybe we end up using Mirage Source or something else. 

I just tell you, I want to make Holkeye's idea possible.

Rep:
Level 94
I think we may just have a possibility here. A Massive Multiplayer Online Game For Role-Playing Game Makers.

An MMOGFRPGM?

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
RMRK Universe has to be released!  I am not letting this one die.  :D  I am serious.

Rep:
Level 86
~~~
If there is anything I can help with, I would be surely interested. I have managed a itsy-bitsy Ragnarok Online server if that experience might help.
The Pessimist By The Lake In The Forest

Check Out Savarast's Resource Page, I do Requests

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
I can collect sprites. :lol:

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Thanks, guys!  It seems like XP is currently winning over 2k3.  So if you are against that, put your vote, or you will have to accept the other ones.

I know of a few sites with really good customized XP tilesets.  And I can create sprites that resemble XP ones easily.  I created a spriteset base (the naked sprites), one for male and one for female, modeled after the actual RMXP sprites.  So if XP wins, we are fine.  But then again, 2k3 is still quite popular, I have noticed.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 10:30:50 AM by Arwym »

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I am about to test another engine.  I have 'heard' good things about it and there is an open source version.  So who knows, maybe this is the one.  ;)

Rep:
Level 89
Hey all. It took me a little while but I did manage to make a web browser in Visual Basic and that's a real big achievement for me. If anyone wants to see it I've uploaded it.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
:O That's pretty awesome. Are you supposed to use Visual Basic for Web Browsers? If so, where do you learn it? XD

Rep:
Level 89
You can use probably any language to make a web browser. I dunno though. I'm learning Visual Basic in school and through experimenting I figured out how to make a web browser. If you read the posts on this page between Holkeye and myself, you'll understand why I was trying to make one in Visual Basic. :)

Rep:
Level 102

Pretty interesting.

*gives award for making a better browser than IE*

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

Rep:
Level 89
xD

Just wondering but what did you try to do when the error came up?

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I detest runtime errors.  >.<

Rep:
Level 102
xD

Just wondering but what did you try to do when the error came up?
Forward~

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Tomorrow ends the voting for graphics, and a new poll shall be added.  Depends on what I decide then.

But it seems to me like XP graphics is definitely the preferred choice.

Rep:
Level 89
Ok. I see what the problem was. That won't happen if we incorporate it into the game as the game doesn't need a forward/back button.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I'm thinking it might be a good idea to get a development forum for RMRKU
so that certain things like quests and items (Etc...) can be discussed
without the entire communitty knowing unless we want them to know
(only visible to those on the dev. team of course)

anyone else agree?

Rep:
Level 89
It's a good idea but for now we don't need it. Once the game is up and running and the staff have specific projects to work on, then a seperate forum would be needed. ^_^

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I want the game to be open to the RMRK community, so I'd prefer wiki rather than forum threads.  A forum would be good for when we advance some more in the project's development and we need special discussions.  I will eventually need a team for mapping; a team for writing quests, stories and dialogs; one for writing items and other descriptions; and a team for monster design/ideas.

But it is very important that the community contributes.  The game is about RMRK, after all.  Who knows better than the members themselves?

By the way!

(10:59:56 PM) Arwym: Testing Engine
(11:01:13 PM) ***Lomi-Homework is sick of homework
(11:01:17 PM) Lomi-Homework is now known as Lominisio
(11:04:36 PM) Arwym: Guys
(11:04:53 PM) Arwym: This engine I am using can run flash movies inside the game.
(11:05:16 PM) Arwym: Allows flash movies hosted in a remote server, aka a web address.
(11:05:33 PM) Arwym: That gives me an idea for Holkeye's idea.
(11:06:03 PM) Lominisio: oh?
(11:06:08 PM) Arwym: (I meant, the engine I am testing.  It is not XtremeWorlds)
(11:06:15 PM) Arwym: What?
(11:06:32 PM) Lominisio: Nothing, comtinue
(11:07:28 PM) Arwym: That's it.  That flash CAN be the medium used to browse files. from inside the game.
(11:07:29 PM) Lominisio: I thought you were talking about xtreme worlds
(11:07:36 PM) secret7: reality tv shows are the worst thing ever
(11:08:09 PM) Lominisio: Do you know how to program flash?
(11:08:19 PM) Arwym: With some good knowledge of flash and actionscript, we an do it.
(11:08:23 PM) Arwym: I know basics.
(11:08:33 PM) Arwym: I have worked with flash
(11:08:51 PM) Lominisio: Mmk. I've only working with VBASIC so I don't know any flash. =P
(11:09:16 PM) Arwym: The only con about this idea is the loading time of the flash movie.
(11:09:32 PM) Holkeye [Holkeye@Acidchat-1FC5721.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] entered the room.
(11:09:33 PM) mode (+v Holkeye) by Malfasa
(11:09:37 PM) Holkeye: :o
(11:09:38 PM) Arwym: However, if this can't work, the engine I am testing is open-source.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I want the game to be open to the RMRK community, so I'd prefer wiki rather than forum threads.  A forum would be good for when we advance some more in the project's development and we need special discussions.  I will eventually need a team for mapping; a team for writing quests, stories and dialogs; one for writing items and other descriptions; and a team for monster design/ideas.

But it is very important that the community contributes.  The game is about RMRK, after all.  Who knows better than the members themselves?

I know what you mean, but we can't discuss quests and item locations and such with the whole website y'know?

as for the flash thing, that's cool, and I know flash pretty decently [hint hint wink wink, nudge nudge]

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I would be willing to help with any and all writing. I would prefer help though

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.

I know what you mean, but we can't discuss quests and item locations and such with the whole website y'know?

as for the flash thing, that's cool, and I know flash pretty decently [hint hint wink wink, nudge nudge]

I will see what we can do about that, then.  You made a good point.

And yay!  Then the possibilities lie with this engine called ECLIPSE, it seems.  I will play with it some more before taking a decision, though.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm quite sure Eclipse uses VBASIC (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm learning pretty quickly how to program in it. ^_^

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Just an advice, don't use DarkBasic :lol:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I'm quite sure Eclipse uses VBASIC (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm learning pretty quickly how to program in it. ^_^

I have a decent background in visual basic, as well as a text book for it that I kinda made off with from my old highschool :P

so I guess I could help if needed

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.

The entire family of Mirage Source -based engines use Visual Basic 6.  I have some knowledge as well, and a little practice.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Closing polls now.  RMXP graphics won by a lot of votes!

And now, AgentStarlightCalamity, I just wanted to inform you that your request for a cherry blossom tree area will be a reality.  :D

http://www.createammorpg.com/modules/myalbum/viewcat.php?cid=7&num=10&orderby=titleA&pos=10

... As for anyone who wishes to have a Japanese-style town.  I am thinking that we should have one, for those in love with that culture.  :)

Well, I'll be back later to update with a new poll and inform about the engine I am starting to consider over XtremeWorlds.  :)

See you!

EDIT:  I cannot remove it myself.  I need a moderator to do it.  Anyone, please, thank you.  :)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 03:19:09 PM by Arwym »

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Wow this looks great ^_^ and i had a few ideas myself,

• A section where enemy's are overused 'memes' so to speak, such as the epic smiley, manly crying etc

• A dungen bosses being members who...wont be missed such as fadark and naphe
  • Mage branch classes, that leads to MOD - Super mod - Admin with spell that have the same kind of feel like a ban attack, or dealte post attack

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.

• A section where enemy's are overused 'memes' so to speak, such as the epic smiley, manly crying etc

• Mage branch classes, that leads to MOD - Super mod - Admin with spell that have the same kind of feel like a ban attack, or dealte post attack

Exactly what I had in mind.  XD  Yup, I would love to see those too!  Thanks for mentioning them.  :D

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Glad i could be of some help  ;D

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

already suggested that :tpg:
like the first one a lot :D

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
This is an ultra cool idea!

I don't know how far you are into this, but I could help and stuff.
A mountainny water esque city would be swell, you know, like that pictures you see in chinese restaurants? Like that sorta!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 10:43:48 PM by SirJackRex »

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
that would be cool

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Japanese Town : YES!

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I need a moderator to remove the poll for me, please.  I can't do it myself.

Rep:
Level 89
How's this going?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I need a moderator to remove the poll for me, please.  I can't do it myself.

xD

next time PM me if you want.  ;D

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I haven't had much time or motivation these last two weeks.  Sorry.  A lot of real life issues.  I've been tired, stressed, sick, etc.  But I hope to get back to it by the weekend.  Again, I am sorry.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Just don't lose hope!
"Sorry" isn't necessary...

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Just don't lose hope!

Never lose hope...this is a great idea.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Just don't lose hope!

Never lose hope...this is a great idea.
Errr....so?

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Amusing idea! =3

What can I do for help?

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Thanks, Jappy!  Well, I know you like to write, so maybe you can help me with quests and NPC dialogs when the time for that comes.  :)

Announcement:  I am currently working on an entry that 1-week game contest.  Once I am done with that (in a week?) I will resume development of RMRKU.  :D

Thanks for your patience!

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Thanks, Jappy!  Well, I know you like to write, so maybe you can help me with quests and NPC dialogs when the time for that comes.  :)

Sure! ^_^ Just PM me when you need me, Arwym-san~ =3

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I would also be glad to write for quests. PM me whenever needed. ;D
If you don't finish this...
I'll be angry. Because this sounds likes fun.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Thanks, guys!  Sorry for the absence, again...  This hasn't been my best moment, and I need a break.   But I'll come back soon, I promise...

Just to answer some questions...

<Irockman1> Arwym, are you still working on RMRKU?
<Arwym> Slowly, but I am.  The main problem here is finding the best engine for the game.
<Arwym> I need an engine before I can come and say "we are going to do this and this".
<Arwym> That is why.
<Irockman1> What are the choices?
<Arwym> Few, unless I have my VB6 back and can keep learning...
<Irockman1> :x
<Irockman1> Do you have a server for it?
<Arwym> But the computer that had the files died three weeks ago.
<Arwym> The server was going to be my localhost.
<Irockman1> Ah
<Arwym> As I've tested and works.  A little risky, but it's free.
<Arwym> And not as slow as I thought it would be.  But I haven't tested with more than two people online, so I could be wrong.
<Irockman1> Ah
<Arwym> I'm going to try some engines again.
<Irockman1> Well, you should select an engine soon
<Arwym> Yes, I am impatient about starting this, seriously.
<Irockman1> I want to do some mapping :3
<Arwym> But I have an idea.
<Arwym> I am opening a blog to keep you all informed.
<Arwym> Of every step and detail.
<Arwym> I did that with another project.  But recently, the script kind of died and I can't access the data.  XD I hope it doesn't happe this time.  Unlikely, but yea.
<Arwym> happen*
<Irockman1> Should make backups :o
<Arwym> Yeah, I do.  But not as often as I should.
*** Irockman1 is now known as Irock|SSBM
<Irock|SSBM> Be back
<Arwym> I've gottem rid of a few projects recently.  They were not going anywhere.
<Arwym> So I have more time for projects like RMRKU.
<Arwym> Well, okay.

LOL, I hope you don't mind, Irock.  ^_^;

See you soon, everyone!

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
So where is the blog

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
<Arwym> I am opening a blog to keep you all informed.

I am telling everyone as soon as it's ready!  ^_^  I'll see if I can do it between today and tomorrow.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Okay, guys. :)

It seems like we'll be having XtremeWorlds as engine for the moment.  It appears to be the most stable.  Almost bugless.  Has many features and decent scripting support.  Unfortunately, some of the advanced features you requested won't be available for the moment.  Like, no paperdoll (you'll have a sprite, but it won't change appearance).  But all the common features, like NPC's, quests, shops, bank, monsters, PvP, blah blah blah, will be there.  Even some cool stuff like books.  And you'll have the chance to change your sprite anytime you want.  I still don't know how.  Probably with items and sprite shops.  There will be events, contests, houses, guilds, and many places to explore.

Oh well, that paragraph is a little confusing.  But you get the point.  The game will be possible.  Now I need to get things organized.  I need to forge a plan, a design document, among other things.

The blog is coming, probably tonight.  It'll look plain, but the idea is to provide information, right?  So yeah.

Let's see if I can do this before I fall asleep.

Bye bye, see you soon!

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Sorry for taking your userbar out, after you disapeared, I thought this project died. ;9

I'll put it back in. I'll help anyway possible.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Thank you, and I am the one who is sorry.  I disappear just like that sometimes.  I should communicate some more.

Well, but know that I really want to do this.  :)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
yay, welcome back Arwym
glad this is back on track, just tell me what you could use help with and I'll see what I can do

Rep:
Level 89
I had assumed this was dead as well. Glad it's back. I've heard of Xtremeworlds before. I've never used it though. Is it open source or just customizable through scripts? Also, what programming language was it made in?

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Unfortunately, XW is closed-source.  Usually, the open source projects based on Mirage Source are very, very buggy, and die very quickly.  I prefer a bug-free engine.  Even though it's less customizable, the developer has been working hard and fast with it.  Right now, XW appears to be the most stable among all the current engines from this family.  That is why I chose it.  :)

Answering your questions about scripting and programming, these engines are made in Visual Basic 6, but for the in-game scripting, Sadscript (or VBscript) is used.  Usually, every engine has its own subs and constants.  So the scripting support varies from engine to engine.  One problem with XW is that the scripting capabilities are STILL not that great.  But Bradyok (the programmer) is adding more with every version.
He promised to add paperdoll as an optional feature, by the way.  But this has not been seen yet.  I am beginning to doubt about it.

OH!  And I forgot to add that, I talked to Roph, and we can have an RMRK Universe board in the near future!  It'll make community support and feedback much easier!  But I won't ask for it yet.  I want to finish the overall design and structure of the game before it happens.  Meanwhile, you can visit the blog.
And soon, as the team grows and begins working online (as in, connected to the game :P), I'll let other developers post at that blog, too.  I will want a leader in every department.  Mapping, Quests, etc.  :)
What do you think?  :D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 02:31:42 AM by Arwym »

Rep:
Level 89
It sounds great. I was originally thinking about being a mapper but I seem to be having less and less time lately as the school year progresses. Once you get the game started, I could design some quests. I do quite well at that when I'm bored (mainly during study hall at school). Anyway, looking foreward to it. ^_^

Rep:
Level 102
I'd love to do a little bit of mapping and quest-making. :o

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
There's always something to do, like I said once, so don't worry!  You all have a chance to help.  I'd love it if RMRK Universe was actually a UNIVERSE.  So much to do, that you could never get bored.  The best part is that we are free of a storyline.  I will add some background to make things more familiar, but this universe would be pretty much random.  :)

The possibilities are endless, heheh!

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Dev Blog!  Here it is!

http://arwym.com/rmrku/

I'll play it with tomorrow.  I want sleep now!

Good night!

Cursed by Ghost Dog for eternity
Rep:
Level 86
w/e
This sounds like a great idea and I will be happy to help anyway I can.

There seems to be alot of talk about paperdoll support which unfortunately XW doesnt have. However, another program that is apparently almost exactly the same as XW has paperdoll support, its called Eclipse (http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/index.php). I have never used it before but it seems worth checking out.
The Newbie
I'll be gone again in time.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Thank you, Havick.  I have tried Eclipse, but XW is more stable.  Also, there's something I want to say.  I was editing the settings file for the XW server, and found a new option that wasn't there in previous versions.  :D

paperdoll = 0

0 as in false.  So I turned it to 1.  I don't know if the feature's there yet, but I am almost sure now that Bradyok plans to add it.  Also, I am not so interested in paperdoll for this project anymore.  Seems cooler if members can make their own sprites entirely, and look like penguins, dragons, etc. if they feel like it.  At least for the moment.  :)

If Eclipse were less buggy, I'd go for it.  But nah, I think I'll stick to XW for now.  :)

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I've started updating the blog.  Different entries for different subjects.  There is a lot of planning to do.  So go there if you want to add your feedback!

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Okay, guys!  I am going to start a list of active staff members today.  Please read the newest blog entries if you're interested in helping.  And leave your feedback, if possible.

I think I should start an IRC channel for live discussion, too.  What do you think?  :/

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Look, please let me say whatever I have to say myself.  I can do it.  That is just going to generate some sort of drama, and I don't want that.

No one's been answering to this thread.  Then I mention it on IRC, and the people flame it.  As with, "What is the point?", "It's not gonna work!"  And things like that.  So why do I even do this?  I've seen this before.  I tried to revive my community several times.  They say "I am going to help!"  Then they don't.  They don't frigging care that I went through a lot of work to get it started, to make it work.  If it's going to be the same, then no.  I don't think I should do this.

I really wanted to do this, but I can't alone.  And what would be the point, like you say?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 01:13:18 AM by Arwym »

Rep:
Level 102
Look, please let me say whatever I have to say myself.  I can do it.  That is just going to generate some sort of drama, and I don't want that.

No one's been answering to this thread.  Then I mention it on IRC, and the people flame it.  As with, "What is the point?", "It's not gonna work!"  And things like that.  So why do I even do this?  I've seen this before.  I tried to revive my community several times.  They say "I am going to help!"  Then they don't.  They don't frigging care that I went through a lot of work to get it started, to make it work.  If it's going to be the same, then no.  I don't think I should do this.

I really wanted to do this, but I can't alone.  And what would be the point, like you say?
We were simply expressing our opinions. Opinions are not fact, and you shouldn't treat them so. People are still willing to help, and would love to see this game take off, that includes me.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I haven't seen anyone reply.  Nor go to the blog and post as I asked if they were interested.  I see no real interest in helping.  You may be interested in playing, but forget that before playing, the game needs to be done.  And I can't do it all myself.

And even though I said that same thing, you (in plural) kept saying that this was not worth it.  So if they are mere opinions, why did you insist?  And why did you hurry to this thread to paste what I said in the IRC and declare it canceled?

Rep:
Level 102
I haven't seen anyone reply.  Nor go to the blog and post as I asked if they were interested.  I see no real interest in helping.  You may be interested in playing, but forget that before playing, the game needs to be done.  And I can't do it all myself.
I'm interested in helping out.

And even though I said that same thing, you (in plural) kept saying that this was not worth it.  So if they are mere opinions, why did you insist?  And why did you hurry to this thread to paste what I said in the IRC and declare it canceled?
I'm not against the game at all. I was simply adding onto the conversation. I often question things I believe in, but that doesn't mean my opinion on the subject changes.

I pasted that in this thread to alert people. The ones that were interested have a right to know that the game is being canceled.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I was angry.  Unless I make it official, then please, don't do it.  Let me make that decision.

I am going to see how many are interested.  With a few people, it should be enough.  But I have to know WHO.  If you are interested, PLEASE, visit the blog and post in the entries I am going to add tonight.

And if a mod can delete Firerain's post, for obvious reasons, then please.  I don't want any spam or drama in this thread.  I am not into that sort of thing.

Thank you.

Note:  For the moment, the project still goes.  But that is, in the end, up to the members themselves.  It also depends on how much support I can get.

DRAMA ENDS.  :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 01:36:58 AM by Arwym »

Cursed by Ghost Dog for eternity
Rep:
Level 86
w/e
I'm, willing to help anyway possible and I don't care what you said on Irc, the project will go on unless this thread is cancelled and Arwym says in this thread that the roject is being discontinued.
The Newbie
I'll be gone again in time.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
When I informed you that your project would probably end in dissapointment and asked what the point was I was being genuine. I wasn't flaming you, I wanted to find out the intent of your project, as well as save you the heartache when it turned out people aren't really as supportive as they seem to be.

Every project will have criticism at some point, try not to let it get to you so much.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Thank you, GilgameshRO and Irockman, and Havick.  And everybody else.  I am sorry for reacting with anger.

I started thinking about that question.

Here is my answer.  :)

Rep:
Level 87
I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but I was wondering if this game creating system can make a sort of Specialist system. Like for example, if someone wanted to specialize in using fists or swords, they can go in a sort of tree that gives them more skills and techs added on to class techs.

This could be a sort of sub class system, like you could have Class, then Specialization. And for the specializations you can have random things like Noob Abuser, Canadian Hater (Reference to Anski ;P), etc.

I don't know if that's a dumb idea or not, but that's what I got to suggest for now.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I think I would have preferred so.  Could be a better system, in my opinion.  Allows for more strategy and variety, even inside the same class.  They would be like sub-classes.  Unfortunately, I doubt I can do it without access to the source code.  But I'll see what I can do about it.  :)

We can have ranks, which could work as specializations.  I could try to make a connection among classes, ranks, skills and weapons, though.  :)  With some good planning and effort, I think it could be achieved.

I will take it in consideration and see how good this can be for the game.  I'll discuss it with the design team, too.

Thank you for the suggestion!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 02:57:09 AM by Arwym »

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I just posted two entries.  One is a plan for this weekend and next week.  Please read if you want to be part of the team, or if you already are.

The other entry is for mappers.  If you want to be a mapper for this project, read that entry carefully, then follow the instructions.  Basically, if you agree and meet the requirements, you should send me a PM with some info about yourself, your interest in helping, your experience as a mapper, some screenshots of your work, etc.  Very simple, really.  :)

Thank you guys, for showing interest in this project!  :)

Rep:
Level 86
Om Nom Nom
I will totally support RMRK universe!!!!!!!

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I will totally support RMRK universe!!!!!!!

Heheh, thank you Acezon!  :)  I really appreciate it.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Hm...  Well... there came this issue with the engine...

It does not currently support sprites over 32x32 pixels in size.  That limits us a lot, because the default RMXP sprites are 32x64, and so, the tilesets are made for that size.  If we used the RMXP tilesets with 32x32 sprites, things would look weird.  The sprites would be too small for the buildings and other map elements.

And so, we must choose other graphics.  Or wait until the engine supports custom sizes.  OR find myself a way to get VB6 to work on my stupid Vista, because I tried last night and miserably failed at it.  If I had VB6, I could just take an open source engine and work with it to get what we want or need.  But that is not the case.

I have been suggested to take and use other graphics.  Some people mentioned RMVX's.  But there are many who dislike the style, and feel that the tilesets are not very... interesting.  So what do we do?  I REALLY wanted the RMXP graphics.  But that is not a good idea at the moment, and there is always something else... right?  We just have to look, I guess.

Should we open a poll for this?

(Sorry that I am posting this here and not at the blog.  I have a problem with my hosting account, for which the website is down, but I expect to solve it soon.  Until then, I will use this thread.)

Thank you for your support.  :)

- Arwym Starlight
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 03:53:15 AM by Arwym »

Rep:
Level 87
Well, we could use RPG Maker 2K sprites, I can make clothes and hair detailed as much as my XP ones are.

This is my experience:

RPG Maker 2K: 6 Years

RPG Maker XP: One and a half months.

I can detail clothes, so here is what I suggest we can do.

We can use 2K sprites, and if you either find out how to get that program to work on Vista or the system we are using now uses bigger sprites, we can then convert to XP sprites.

So, while I work on the 2K sprites if we use it, I can also work on them at the same time in XP style.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Thanks for the idea, Redwyn!  I'll see if others agree.  :)  Let's wait some more for feedback.  :)

Totalidiot
Rep:
Level 86
Nayr "Total" Infinity
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT GO ARWYM!!! YEAH, THREE CHEERS FOR ARWYM! HIP HIP HOORAY! HIP HIP HOORAY! HIP HIP BOO! WHO SAID THAT? WAS IT YOU SUBSCRIPT? DIE! *SHOOTS LASER AT SUB SCRIPT* NOOOO        OOOOOOO! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh I'm sorry, got a little out of control there. You should totally go for this, I know I'll participate.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
LOL!  Thanks for the enthusiasm!  And welcome to RMRK!  :)  I had not seen you around until now.  :o

Totalidiot
Rep:
Level 86
Nayr "Total" Infinity
Well, I was kinda invisible till I got this avatar. I find it weird that I am probably the only guy on an rpg maker forum with an rpg maker avatar.

*cough thief 1 cough*

Anyway, are you working on it now, cause if you need any help I could help. I know some programming.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
he's my friend :mex:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I'd love to do a little bit of mapping and quest-making. :o

+1
I could also do some sprites and stuff!

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
I hope I can help much, Arwym-san.

Rep:
Level 87
I eat babies :o
This seems like such an awesome project. I fully support RMRK Universe ;D I hope this goes well for the team behind this great project. Kudos to Arwym. <3

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Thank you much, everyone!

I have stopped working lately because of the university.  Lots of work.  But I should go back to it soon.

I will continue with the recruiting as soon as I do so.  And then I'll arrange an online meeting in an IRC channel so we can start discussing the key aspects of RMRKU, and how we are going to organize our tasks.  :)

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Please don't push yourself too hard, Arwym. =)

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Hey!

To everyone who has been expecting this, I'm sorry for the delay.

I'm going to try to get back to it very soon.  If I can't enter the guild challenge, that is.  Otherwise, I'll be doing it in July or sometime in the Summer.

If you have ideas, you can still post here and mention them, okay?  And if you're interested in joining, you can also PM me or just reply here.

Seriously, I intend to do this.  The project is not dead.  I'm not giving up.  :P

Bye-bye for now!

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
TO THOSE INTERESTED IN RMRKU, PLEASE READ!

Okay, guys...

I know that there are some of you who REALLY have the intention of helping with the project.  I also know that you may be losing interest in this because of the delay.  But you know, we can't really move on if we don't agree on some important things, such as the engine we'll use, and the graphics.  Because I know that you guys had voted for RMXP's graphics, but like the latest blog entry says, that is not possible right now.  So we need to choose something else.

There are a few options.  First, we could choose a different engine.  For example, we could look for an RMXP MMORPG script (if there is one, I mean), get it to work, and go with whatever graphics we want, because of the flexibility of the software.  (However, I am not sure if the script would restrict from using certain features, so we'd have to see first.)  This is something about considering every single possibility that there is.  I have discarded several engines because of their huge amount of bugs.  I don't want a buggy engine.  That would probably mean a buggy game.  And we don't want to deal with that much, do we?  So to those who have suggested engines like Eclipse or even Elysium, the answer is no.  At least, until I find them stable enough.  Other engines of this nature are available, but they don't support anything else but 32x32 graphics.  So it's the same problem.  The engine I was going to choose (XtremeWorlds) has that problem.

And with that last statement about XtremeWorlds comes the second option.  The developer, Bradyok, wants to implement support for 64x64 and 64x32 graphics.  But the problem here is that he is the ONLY developer in that project, and adding that feature could take an undefined amount of time.  It could be months, or a year, or... never.  So maybe you want to wait for that, or maybe you don't.

The third option is to simply choose different graphics.  I find that to be the quickest way to solve this problem.  If you agree, we can start with RM2k/2k3 graphics!  I mean, come on!  They are not so bad!  And there are so many customs!  They don't have to be exactly like in the maker.  We'd have spriters in the project willing to help and do some edits.  There are some spriters here who have a lot of experience with these.  So why is it so bad to use them?  They'd give the game an old-school style.  And we could even try finding a sprite template (naked sprites in that style) and start creating our own characters, right?  I know that RMXP's graphics are pretty and all, but right now, it's not possible...
There are probably other options out there.  We just have to look.  The only condition is that the game's graphics must be consistent.  Combining different resources (different styles) could make the game look like a total mess.  Trust me, I've seen it in almost every amateur 2D MMORPG out there, and I hate it with passion.

And who knows what else I can come up with...  But for now, those are the options we have.

Remember that we can't do this without communication.  And I know that I've been absent for a few months, but I warned about that.  And I clearly said that I would be coming back to this with the intention of doing it.  I am not giving up on this project yet.  We have to at least try!

So PLEASE, please answer to this post.  Please tell me what you think, and if you have other ideas.  I don't want to lose focus of what this project is about.  This is about having fun!  And I want us to have fun developing this game.  We don't have to be so strict about making the game perfect, but this is a problem we have to solve already, if we want to move on and start developing.  Please give me your feedback!

THANK YOU!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 03:51:23 AM by Arwym Starlight »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I think 2k/2k3 might be our best bet, there's a lot of them out there, and a lot of tilesets that could be ripped from old SNES games that would fit

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Thanks for your feedback, NAMKCOR!

Anybody else, PLEASE?

Rep:
Level 89
2k(3) graphics aren't even all that bad. Just tweak the old ones, find some awsome ones, or make new ones altogether. Since most amature 2D MORPG's out there use RMXP graphics they also use buggy engines, as you sortof implied. This would be one of the few that uses the "old school" graphics and I believe it would turn out great.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
More than that, I want them to be consistent.  Most of these amateur MMO's mix the graphics.  XP graphics with 2k/2k3 graphics, and some rips from the Mana games, and then these sprites taken from countless different sources.  Not only there is a mismatch in the style and colors, but in proportion.  Trees too small for the character sprites, for example, or doors too small for one to go through, or character sprites much bigger than others... et cetera.  That looks horrible, horrible!  And I want to avoid it.  :)

Okay, I have two votes for the third option: using RM2k/2k3's RTP style graphics, or just something else that looks old-school.  But that is not enough to make a decision, so please keep those opinions coming!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 01:43:43 AM by Arwym Starlight »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
The best-case scenario is that RMRKU have their own custom tileset in 2k/2k3 style, however it swould need a big effort even for an experience spriter.
But 2k/2k3 default RTP is good too. 

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Yes, we're going to need to edit tilesets at some point, maybe even create some, but that won't be necessary in the beginning.  I want to release a beta with just the basic areas, to see how it feels and how the members like it.  And from then, we'll start working on new areas and features, and on preparing events.  At least that's the current plan.

What I think we should definitely try is making a custom spriteset BASE.  If we want to implement paperdolling instead of making the players repeat the same sprites and look like clones, that's what we should do.  Paperdolling is being implemented already into the engine I chose, so it should be possible.  :)  I have made a spriteset base before.  Unfortunately, it was lost when the old computer "died".  But I can make something simple that looks old school.  It should be no problem.  Making the clothes would be the hardest part.  But if the sprites are made for 32x32 size, it's much easier and faster.  :D

Do you guys like the idea?  Or should we keep it simple and just use whatever resources we find?

Rep:
Level 87
Paperdolling?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Totally agree on the RM2k/2k3 graphics; easy to edit, fast to edit, and don't look bad.
They're pretty flexible  ;8

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Paperdolling?

You don't know what paperdolling is...?  Not even in the traditional form?  Okay, I'll explain.  If you were a girl, you would probably play with dolls at some point in your life.  And you would dress her up, with different clothes, accessories, etc.  As it is obvious, the doll always remains the same, no matter what clothes she's wearing.  So she's the base, right?  And the clothes are interchangeable.  You can change them as often as you want.  Well, it's the same when you play an MMO and you change your character's equipment, and that equipment is visible in your "avatar".  Another clear example is Gaia Online's avatars.  There are also books that include a drawing of a character with only their underwear (or maybe naked?), and with different clothes and accessories included in several pages, which you can cut, and place or glue over the drawn character.  Those are like paper mannequins.  Well, I think that's enough explanation.
So basically, it's a matter of creating a basic spriteset base on its own, without clothes, or at least with underwear.  No eyes, no hair, no accessories.  And for every different hairstyle, shirt, pants, gloves and shoes you have to make a different sheet.  And you place one on top of the over, like layers.  But in this engine, you could only change clothes.  So the same hair and face are forced for everyone.  BUT, I also have a way to solve that.  There is a command to change the basic sprite, so we can just sell different hairstyles at a salon in any town in the game.  Sounds neat, eh?

Rep:
Level 87
You don't know what paperdolling is...?  Not even in the traditional form?

I know that. But I didn't quite get how paperdolling is in games. Now I seem to remember, and to think that all these years, I call them "customization."

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
You don't know what paperdolling is...?  Not even in the traditional form?

I know that. But I didn't quite get how paperdolling is in games. Now I seem to remember, and to think that all these years, I call them "customization."

Yes, it's the same as --visible-- character customization.  I guess it's common among the amateur-2D-MMORPG-making community to use the term "paperdolling" instead...

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
So, I guess the voting is finished?  Because I don't see any more answers coming.  :o

If that's the case, then the decision is made: we use the RM2k/2k3 RTP graphic style instead of RMXP's.  :)

Rep:
Level 89

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Also, there's a new entry at the blog:)

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Forgot to tell you, guys, that soon we'll begin with staff meetings and more recruiting.  Some members have already been accepted into the main staff, so I'll start with those.  We'll make the first decisions together and then recruit for more.  So stay tuned.  This is an open project, and everyone can contribute somehow.  But there has to be a staff that will work on some more private aspects of the game that won't be revealed until the release.  Because, what is the fun in playing a game you know everything about?  :)

Open contributions will always be accepted for: graphics, item/monster/skill ideas, events, among other things.  Or that is the plan, at least.

Anyway, I'll PM those staff members soon with more information about how we'll communicate.  ^_^

And there's something else!  I will request a public sub-forum for open RMRKU discussion in the near future!

And that's all for now.  See you soon!

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
So can I be a spriter?  ;8

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
:)  Do you have any samples/projects I can see, SJR?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I can PM you some stuff when I find it all!  ;8

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Hey, guys!  :)

My final exams end this Friday, so I want to get back into this ASAP.

I want to know who is STILL interested in helping.  ^_^

I know about Leventhan, Forcystus, Redwyn, NAMKCOR, JAP, SirJackRex, and I think Havick, too (though I haven't seen him around since like February).  Anybody else?  Maybe someone I have missed?

As soon as I confirm who is joining the team in the first phase of development (organization and planning), I am going to start.

Please let me know as soon as possible!  :)

Thank you!

(NOTE:  By the way!  For the moment, don't worry about what you can do for the game.  Just tell me that you're interested and committed, and we'll find a place for you in the project.  There's always something to do!  So just let me know!   ;))
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 02:38:16 PM by Starfish »