RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Equipment Menu System

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
That's me in a good mood.
I am in the process of learning how to script, but I am still no good at all, and I don't have time to learn it before I can no longer work on my game.  Anyway, to cut to the chase...

I am looking for a script to make a Zelda style menu system.  I have already used common events to make a convincing battle system for a Zelda game I'm making, but I can't figure out how to make the equipment menu system.  Basically, I want it to be that it shows the icons, you highlight them, and press space to equip it, like the classic Zelda style.   I want it more like the Ocarina of Time item menu, and NOT the menu for equipping the swords and tunics.  Sorry if this is a lot, and REALLY sorry if this already exists.  If it does, I just can't find it. :P

Please help me.

EDIT: Sorry, I messed up in my description.  If possible, could you have it show all the items in the inventory as soon as you open the menu?  And have it so that selecting "equip" just moves you to that section?  I hope I am making sense.  Like I said, I know basically nothing about scripting yet.
 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9 ;9
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 02:08:10 AM by qvri »