RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Infinite Frontier- Team needed for intresting project.

Rep:
Level 88
goodtimess
Hey everyone. This is an idea for a game that I had for a while now. I will be using RPG maker Xp for this game. I made an earlier version on RM2K which turned out awesome, but after working with RM2k3 and now Xp, I am going to make an updated version.

The Lowdown:
The game has an intense story with many optional cut scenes for character development, and alternate endings. The player will go on a quest that will drown them in the sorrow of the characters. Even NPC's have a big part in the game. The game has 6 main characters, and the player will be able to recruit members for the resistance. The resistance will have the player wanting more with the options involved. Build a pirate empire, help develop a city, create an army, upgrade the pirate ship and city + Base. Other features will include: Raising a pet, taking over world parts (Getting rid of the empire), magic + summoning, tons of dungeons and caves, thieve/stealth system, romance and friendship system and a day and night system. *more to come*

Story Development:
While there is a main story, there are many side quests that will reveal much about the characters. Side quests will also give the character goodies and exp. Also depending on what side quests you do will ultimately affect the ending of the game. The possibilities will be endless.

What I need: *I am working on all of the below (except scripting) also. Just need help*
-A mapper.
-An assistant writer. While the main plot of the story and events are in place, theres still a lot more I need to be one.
-Possibly a scripter. I'm not good with scripts, but I seem to manage with all the basic tools to make cool systems. All I need a variables and switches. However scripts will be a good thing to hype the game up even more.
-*Possibly* Composer. Original music would be nice.
-Event maker or two.
-CMS maker

*Any other help. If you have ideas, send them in and we can work together making a great RPG*

Story:
*A found document in the Bornski city church.*

"I don't have much time. Listen, if anyone reads this... there might be some hope.
The empire, I have heard news there are coming. Apparently they are on our shores as I write this. It is our time. The Karkan empire are taking over the world, it was our time eventually. Surrendering is our only option, unless we choose death...
These bastards.
First they get Lemanites to watch over us, and not even just regular ones they use dark Lemanites. Summoning a creature with that dark Ora around it causes little evil creatures to come out of the earth. And why do they do that? Control. Our cities cannot develop if we can't leave them and find resources.

Now we got to put up with all their rules and laws... were gunna get treated like dogs I tell you. Will I be able to give my sermons anymore? Is religion dieing? I'm going to sleep. I'll worry about this when they dock.

Pastor Rezzen Jules"

*Main story is under wraps.*

Features:

Pirate System-
Once you get Ramus, the pirate in the group, and enough cash to cough up, you will be able to buy a ship. You will be able to buy ship decorations and upgrades. Another cool feature in the pirate system is the ability to find different crew members. The ship can take you to certain coves around the world. Certain coves will be taken over by different pirate teams, and it's your job (side quests) to take over these coves. You must plan your attack wisely, or you'll be done for. There will be three steps in attacking a cove.
Step One: Taking out patrolling ships.
Step Two: Capture or kill the guards in the cove cities. *capturing raises the amount of crew members.*
Step Three: Killing or capturing the pirate captain.

Rewards?
Spoiler for:
-Side story plot for Ramus progresses. -Gold & treasures. -Boat docking zone. -pirate fame. -Once all coves are captured, Ramus' special weapon + Ramus Alternate Ending!   

Romance System and Friendship system
Meet people and befriend them and maybe you'll get something out of it. Perhaps crew for the ship? Or maybe a new team member for the resistance? You could even find a special someone.

Pet System
Raise a little pet into a beast. Depending on the food you feed him, he can evolve into certain creatures. Training and raising is important to. He can help you in battle at a certain evolution stage and later you will be able to ride him around.

I got a lot more things planned already. To much to type, but thats some basis of it. andy_warski@hotmail.com is my email. Or just reply to this thread. Looking forward to workin' with some of ya.

Andy

« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 07:32:58 AM by warski »
What the?
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_