RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Blue Screen of Death

Rep:
Level 88
For some reason, rather frequently, I get the Blue Screen of Death after closing RPGMXP.  Also, from time to time, it replaces the contents of some of my data files with all blanks.  Has anyone gotten the blue screen of death regularly like this?  Is there something wrong with my program or files that is causing this?
Old School JRPG action coming soon!  www.ironpawn.com
About me: www.astroth.com

Rep:
Level 86
can you take a picture of how this blues screen looks?
where did you download this RPGMXP?
which rmxp do you have?

Rep:
Level 88
I would not rather force it to happen again, but if it does come up, I will post the contents on here.  For now, I can say that it looks very much like this: http://technabob.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/bsod.gif

I am using Version 1.02a, and I paid the $60 for the license on Enterbrain's site. 

Rep:
Level 88
That was just an example - the text I believe is different.  It seems to happen only after the program has been on for a while and my computer has been in Hibernate mode.  It also might have to do with music, because I also notice that when I try to play a song in RPGMXP, sometimes it will freeze ("Not respond") and then sometimes bring up the Blue Screen.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
That was just an example - the text I believe is different.  It seems to happen only after the program has been on for a while and my computer has been in Hibernate mode.  It also might have to do with music, because I also notice that when I try to play a song in RPGMXP, sometimes it will freeze ("Not respond") and then sometimes bring up the Blue Screen.
Write down all the text it says, or take a picture of it. It's the only way you're going to receive accurate help.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
One more question:

What Operating System are you using w/ it?
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 88
I'm using Windows XP SP2.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
LOL OMG LOL.

Do you have another computer in the house? Try

1. Testing the SAME rm on that. The Same thing, copy on cd.
2. Re-installing.
3. Configuring some graphical stuff ?
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
Sorry about not having the error ready to post!  I was just wondering if this was common amongst RPGMXP users.  I'll be sure to get a picture of it when it happens again! 

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Just one possibility:
A few PC-protection/Virus-scanner programs ironically clashes with some things, and causes the blue screen of death with programs such RMXP under some circumstances. Pc-cillon(sp?) is one of them. If you happen to use it, look for the most recent update and install it.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Option 1:Try it again and correct the problem.
Option 2:Reinstall
Option3:Get a new PC
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 88
Got the error after closing the program (It had been open a long time, and my computer has Hibernated a few times)
Could this have to do with virtual memory?  The only other thing is maybe the Win32 registry script I put in by Aleworks (vgvgf) for the Advanced Options menu might be affecting something?

« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 02:03:06 AM by skyrune83 »

Rep:
Level 88
Upon restarting and clicking to send the error report to Microsoft, they take me to this link: http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/Response.aspx/685/en-us/5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0?SGD=7e12b96a-555b-4fdd-a5e0-c90c5039e06c

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Oh yeah, I remebered something:I once got the same thing.
I used Safe Mode, and reinstalled some programs, and it doesn't appear again....ever!

You might consider trying that.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
this happened to me and just saying i have a new computer now and all so you better be kinda prepared if something happens.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 86
~~~
Hmmm... I've ben helping some friends with this problem recently and I might have a solution.

First, I would need to know if you have your Windows XP installation disk (no, we are not reinstalling your computer). If you do, then I can try to help you with this problem.

Hopefully you have the disk, because this method has not failed me yet.

Ohh! Also, if you do want my help, please PM me because I do not often hang around this section of the forums.
The Pessimist By The Lake In The Forest

Check Out Savarast's Resource Page, I do Requests

Rep:
Level 86
~~~
Okay, since you PM'ed me, I'll continue.

Win32 registry script I put in by Aleworks (vgvgf) for the Advanced Options

Did you put that into the Windows folder on your computer? Or is that a script for RMXP? I don't think the scripting for RMXP should be able to call the "Blue Screen of Death", so unless that script is in your WINDOWNS folder on your computer, this should not be the problem.

BEFORE ANYTHING:: Try to reinstall RMXP. Make sure all your anti-virus/spyware/ad-aware programs are up to date and are not conflicting with RMXP (most programs make a log of what they are stopping on the computer). Make sure to back up you RMXP files, because that seems to be the coordinate that may be damaged. You also said something about your music player. Make sure it is up to date. If it is not too hard, reinstall you music player as well.

IMPORTANT:: Read all the steps before you do anything. make sure to back up all your files.

NOTE:: There is another screen that should pop up also, the "Terms and Conditions" screen. Obviously agree to this. I just do not remember at what step it comes in at.

First, put your XP installation CD in your drive

Second, restart your computer

Third, there should be a screen that shows up for about 10 seconds asking you if you want to boot from CD. (to do so press any key) do so.

Fourth, it should begin a blue screen which it is loading files. this is okay. It is doing this in case you are Reparing OR Reinstalling.

Fifth, the screen should change to asking you if you want to Repair(by pressing R) or if you want to Reintall(by pressing enter). Select to Repair.

Sixth, it should load a black screen that looks like MSDOS. When you have the ability to type on this page, type in CHKDSK and press enter.

Seventh, the coomputer will take some time looking for windows XP files that have been corrupted or damaged. It will automatically Repair these files.

Eighth, when it is done with the CHKDSK execution, type in EXIT to restart the computer.

Ninth, your computer will start up as usual (since you lets the boot CD in the drive, it will go to the screen shown in step Three, do not press anything, it will automatically pass that step)

Tenth, try running you RMXP now. Close it. If it works well, then great, if not, well post here again.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 04:55:50 PM by savarast »

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks.  I will try this and see if I get the error.  If I do get it, it will take a while, so I will let you know if it happens again.

Rep:
Level 86
~~~
Not a problem, I hope this helps.

Again I will say this has worked for me with errors exactly like this one and I have been able to help my friends with this method as well. However, I do suggest you back up you work and your hard drive (at least with system recovery) if you can.

Rep:
Level 86
You could of just downloaded the RPG XP knight edition in the crakeye website.

Rep:
Level 86
~~~
Ehhh.. how would that help his problem?

Rep:
Level 86
~~~
I hope I fixed the problem and didn't blow his computer up... :S

Rep:
Level 86
I hope I fixed the problem and didn't blow his computer up... :S

Its sounds to me like you covered it pretty well. I do have a suggestion, though. If it happens again, go to your control panel and disable hibernation. I think that maybe thats contributing to the problem, as when your computer goes into hibernation, it shuts down processess deemed 'not important' and doesn't remember them. Also, if its your Anti-Virus thats causing the problem, try shutting it off.

-BP

Rep:
Level 86
"MHM"
ur com. is infected a virus or spyware

download avg antispyware din update it
restart ur com. din after start, press f8 din safe mode w/network din run FULL SCAN using avg anti spyware

« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 12:52:14 PM by pujeda507 »
I do my best!!!

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Doubt it is a virus, i had this when my computer was new =/.

But to be careful i would say get AVG 7.5 and scan your comp just in case.

Rep:
Level 88
I had the same problem, i let it continue until *explosion* my laptop died :B.

I fixed it the next time by re-installing it in safe mode.
Games in progress:
Tome of Arastovia: 7% complete at 2 hours of gametime