RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Retribution: A Rogue's Story (RPGXP)

Rep:
Level 87
Retribution: A Rogue's Story

Story:
A long time ago...
something...something really bad happened! Ya!
Now go do something about it!

If your still reading, you got my crude attempt at humor  ;D

Anyway.....
The Real Story:
In the town of Jord, all has been long peaceful. This coastal town has been long isolated from the ravages across the mountain range that seperates it from the rest of the island, but this was about to change.

The hunters of Jord leave on a routine hunting party to gather food for the town's annual feast, and while they are out, everything changes. An army of the <name pending> kingdom descended upon the town, setting it alight and killing its inhabitants. The hunting band returned to their burning home, their commander killed, and the other two captured, and forced to join the army of the kingdom that had destroyed their lives.

Will they gain revenge? Or will they become what they hate most?

Characters:
Name: You decide.
Special Qualities: The Main Character is Female..in a RPG!!! (That is not called Tomb Raider..so...its cool *wiseknod*)

Name: Jack
Special Qualities: Witty, very witty...very witty indeed!

Name: The Commander
Age: ??? (appears to be in his late thirties, early forties)
Special Qualities: May have a dark past..*shifty eyes*. Army Number, Spartan 118 (JUST KIDDING! Btw, the Master Chief is 117)

Name: Shandra
Special Qualities: Incredibly loyal, smiles too much, looks very young for her age. Commander of the <Name pending> Kingdom.

Name: King Brand
Special Qualities: Hes Jack's DADDY! (Not really, but he could be, lol) King of the <Name Pending> Kingdom.

Name: Aluxes
Special Qualities: If you are reading this, I put this in as a joke!

Demo:
Playable Intro <NOW HERE ZOMGOSGJDOGSHGOEGUOSGYSEGSOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh-Em-GEE!>

Screenshots:
Spoiler for:
Part of the Opening Scene

Some Random Villager in Jord Village (seriously, she has no real importance)

The first real cutscene that has its own map, mainly because of number of events.

The World Map, Jord Village is on the left.

Features:
-Custom Spell Animations/Spell Names (I use RTP Animations, but the individual Animations for each spell has been redone, as well as CUSTOM Spell Names, those of you who know German, I have no intention of this being acurate whatsoever) Spells (not sword skills), are not affected by armor, and have incantations that go with them.
-Slipknot's Message System
-Leon's Crafting System
-A Few Custom Graphics, and Graphics Edits (yes, I am so pro, no?)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 03:08:59 AM by agemennon »

Rep:
Level 88
Paradoxial failboats are cool.
500 years ago....
Something really bad happened!
Really bad!
And uh...
You have to..
Do something about it!
There'll be swords!
You'll like it!
Promise!

<.< >.> *Runs away*
The message below is false.
The message above is true.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It sounds interesting enough. Good luck.

Rep:
Level 87
Added 4 screenis, Demo Intro to ocme sometime this weekend.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
You suffer from empty map syndrome. Try reading one of Zhuge Liangs tutorials.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
My only complaint is that some of your tilesets don't match in style. Your world map looks nothing like the town, stylistically.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
You suffer from empty map syndrome. Try reading one of Zhuge Liangs tutorials.

I agree with him. Your mapping is to empty, and the facesets dosen't fit in the window.
read these.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,19429.0.html

Rep:
Level 88
goodtimess
Looks pretty good. You just need to add more stuff lying around like the others said. The game might have a good story, but how it looks it =ly important. I think anyway. But keep it up and good luck.
What the?
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Rep:
Level 87
IT IS DONE! The Playable Intro is out there (Without RTP attached, that will come with next version, I promise!!!!)

A few other things:
-I merged several tilesets to create a tileset for Jord Village so it looks like the one on the world map (it does!)
-The beach was abolished and redone as a seperate map (YAY!!!!)
-None of the current screenies show true works (everything in them has been changed some way)
-I will add some more people to Jord..eventually
-The demo is supposed to end when you meet the King...THIS IS NOT A BUG
-The Intro is roughly 3+ minutes long (Thats with me skipping most messages and using ctrl-move)
-I am open to critizim, but flames will be burnt with my flamethrower (which is apropriate, lol)